Keyo

Black magic returns home

Wow Keyo

How on earth did you find out about those gearbox parts

i would have thought those parts would have been confined to history and anything available today will have used, abused and generally fit for scrap

How did you even get through the door at gemini !!

Cant wait for the build 

Who is doing the build for you?

7 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Wow Keyo

How on earth did you find out about those gearbox parts

i would have thought those parts would have been confined to history and anything available today will have used, abused and generally fit for scrap

How did you even get through the door at gemini !!

Cant wait for the build 

Who is doing the build for you?

Hi Geri, 

Hope all is well  not seen you on here much lately . 

Gemini is still up and running and can still build you the full works straight cut dogleg or add on  3 - 6 or 5 -6 . 

His in the Midlands and I had the job at a school not far away in fact round the corner and popped in their and mentioned Vince from Stealth that use to work for him that broke the ice - he still has some casings left but once they are   gone they gone + his in his 70s now so one needs buy rather then consider. mask was worn and kept distance . 

Stealth will be building the gearbox - its just a small project really with bolt on parts 

Edited by Keyo

which is that 5 stud wheel?  Looks like a smarter version of the speedlines, plus it is concave which i prefer.

57 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Hi Geri, 

Gemini is still up and running and can still build you the full works straight cut dogleg or add on  3 - 6 or 5 -6 . 

His in the Midlands and I had the job at a school not far away in fact round the corner and popped in their and mentioned Vince from Stealth that use to work for him that broke the ice - he still has some casings left but once they are   gone they gone + his in his 70s now so one needs buy rather then consider. mask was worn and kept distance . 

Stealth will be building the gearbox - its just a small project really with bolt on parts 

Do you mean he's looking to sell the business?

31 minutes ago, fla said:

Do you mean he's looking to sell the business?

I think sometimes a business is built round one mans genius and when that man is no longer there the business may not be or be what is was. I believe Andre sold it once and purchased back some years later as it was maybe failing. I would say his in his 70s now. 

Edited by Keyo

52 minutes ago, fla said:

which is that 5 stud wheel?  Looks like a smarter version of the speedlines, plus it is concave which i prefer.

There are two 4 stud versions knocking about and the 5 stud have been known as the Vento cup alloys but they are vwms alloys that were issued to race teams as part of a package . 

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

all16.jpg

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Hi Geri, 

All is well mate, hope you are to

Just dont seem to have much time these days plus car is locked away for winter - actually just started it on sunday for the first time since early december with the aid of a battery charger.

1 minute ago, ger040 said:

All is well mate, hope you are to

Just dont seem to have much time these days plus car is locked away for winter - actually just started it on sunday for the first time since early december with the aid of a battery charger.

Good to hear chap what cars you have now in your collection  . 

18 hours ago, Keyo said:

Good to hear chap what cars you have now in your collection  . 

I have my Red 92 G60 

Mk2 tornado 16v - my first resto - has sat for 2 years now and in need of a refresh

Mk2 Pearl Grey 16v - currently rebuilding the engine (trying) and is currently a bare shell with bits of welding to be carried out

Blue Corrado VR6 - which you put me onto - future project

And my family think i am NUTS when it comes to these cars 

• Like 1

Nice collection mate would hate to think what you would have to pay for that collection in the future with recent appreciation of vag classics. 

I keep looking at the 5 cylinder Audi 80s but the S2 - was considering last year but they have hit the roof now ( im on about the coupe not the estate.) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_S2

I pretty sure these are 8V cam cover - would look cool on the G60 they have been remade by Schrick recently. Link below 

http://www.schrick.com/index.php?article_id=6&clang=1&nid=22

Edited by Keyo

14 hours ago, Keyo said:

Nice collection mate would hate to think what you would have to pay for that collection in the future with recent appreciation of vag classics. 

I keep looking at the 5 cylinder Audi 80s but the S2 - was considering last year but they have hit the roof now ( im on about the coupe not the estate.) 

I pretty sure these are 8V cam cover - would look cool on the G60 they have been remade by Schrick recently. Link below 

Yes the Schrick cover would be nice but it would have to have a schrick camshaft also!!

7 hours ago, ger040 said:

Yes the Schrick cover would be nice but it would have to have a schrick camshaft also!!

I think we could machine that if one were available 

23 hours ago, Keyo said:

audi 90 pre cat has a lovely noise from its 5 cylinders

Always liked audi 80 sports from circ 1990

10 hours ago, ger040 said:

You can do better then that Geri how about a VW Motorsport camshaft - would have to check it fits of course.  Would want to see evidence of course it is what it says. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-Motorsport-G60-CAMSHAFT/293479622797?hash=item4454bfa88d:g:uMUAAOSwff5eSZh4

Edited by Keyo

37 minutes ago, Keyo said:

You can do better then that Geri how about a VW Motorsport camshaft - would have to check it fits of course.  Would want to see evidence of course it is what it says. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-Motorsport-G60-CAMSHAFT/293479622797?hash=item4454bfa88d:g:uMUAAOSwff5eSZh4

seen it ands in in my ebay watch list

surprised it has not gone as it has been on a while - maybe its not a great duration as we all know most motorsport cams do not make great everyday road use

There will be some kind of markings on it if its special? "Nice and smooth" isn't normally associated with motorsport cams. It looks like its been stored inside a diesel transits exhaust?

Just now, Dox said:

There will be some kind of markings on it if its special? "Nice and smooth" isn't normally associated with motorsport cams. It looks like its been stored inside a diesel transits exhaust?

Does sound a bit fishy - new shcrick cam would be the safe bet I guess. 

audi 90 pre cat has a lovely noise from its 5 cylinders

Always liked audi 80 sports from circ 1990

Used to have an 87 Audi Coupe Quattro, the old shape T85 with a 2.3 inline 5 in it - was a great car, especially in the snow with the Torsen drive. Even then it had an ABS system that always worked - seems like the Corrado was a step backwards in that respect.

Oh, and it was a lovely retro 44b1985e2b89edde7aa6c4bd60ca58a8.jpg

maroon as well.

A proper rare car too with only just less than 1k made in RHD.

3 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Used to have an 87 Audi Coupe Quattro, the old shape T85 with a 2.3 inline 5 in it - was a great car, especially in the snow with the Torsen drive. Even then it had an ABS system that always worked - seems like the Corrado was a step backwards in that respect.

maroon as well.

Beautiful car and colour - I deal for Irish roads I imagine Ive missed the boat of the S2 now - could of get one for 8k a year or so back but now up to 20k plus. Can still get a 5 cylinder one for reasonable money but they do seem to suffer from under body rust,  The S2 is the special one though in tha mark and of course the estate but I like the coupe. . 

Edited by Keyo

12 minutes ago, fendervg said:

maroon as well.

A proper rare car too with only just less than 1k made in RHD.

Marketplace – 1985 Audi Coupe | Facebook

Im just window shopping to be honest- I have a hunch that Audi classic parts would be even worse to source then VW ? 

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Im just window shopping to be honest- I have a hunch that Audi classic parts would be even worse to source then VW ? 

I suspect you're correct, Coulster on here said similar after he sold his RS4.

24 minutes ago, Keyo said:

They were less than useless as far as I can remember - compared to the likes of BMW, Mercedes and even Porsche. They didn't even have a Heritage division in the noughties. All they cared about was a few nice museum cars for their Rally division that could be trotted out for product launches and press events.

I had to buy most of the parts from the VAG dealers in the US as they had a large stock of 4000q parts that were shared among the models.

21 hours ago, fendervg said:

They were less than useless as far as I can remember - compared to the likes of BMW, Mercedes and even Porsche. They didn't even have a Heritage division in the noughties. All they cared about was a few nice museum cars for their Rally division that could be trotted out for product launches and press events.

I had to buy most of the parts from the VAG dealers in the US as they had a large stock of 4000q parts that were shared among the models.

Ive heard this to - like RS models 12 years old and they cant get the parts.