Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

Looking at this, this morning. It beggars belief what some people expect to get sometimes. The restoration project on the press car for instance.
No engine or box 

Late bonnet, chin spoiler and front bumper fitted to the car.Missing centre caps. 
It must be a fair list if you had a good look. 
Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for half a car unless it had recaro seats 

8C7E549C-E7F0-4474-BA2A-E84C4C8A6B45.thumb.png.575e0e5dcc2325b05a0c1b7588ec7812.png

The way it is at the moment, someone will buy that. And the following day be on the social media all “anyone fix me up with a supercharger ?”

Too many people about for the last year, willing/naive/stupid/bored enough to lob their holiday fund/savings into a money pit.

But hey, that’s how the classic market has existed for years.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, ger040 said:

Been looking at that car on ebay myself - curious to see what it goes for 

You will need to see that car in the flesh before bidding as it could be an absolute rot box as you say keyo

No idea of mileage , early vr6 seats also 

Sold for £2300 - person off the facebook page has purchased it. 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Sold for £2300 - person off the facebook page has purchased it. 

why ?? for not that much more you would be able to buy a running driving car at least??

maybe he or she has seen it in the flesh and know its a decent car

2 minutes ago, ger040 said:

why ?? for not that much more you would be able to buy a running driving car at least??

maybe he or she has seen it in the flesh and know its a decent car

Asked the buyer and they have not viewed-  totally agree mate fake economy. 

9 hours ago, Keyo said:

Asked the buyer and they have not viewed-  totally agree mate fake economy. 

Ask him if he knows it’s a mix of late parts on an early shell

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Ask him if he knows it’s a mix of late parts on an early shell

I dont want to point out anymore stuff about the car looking negative mate - he says he has quite a lot of G60 parts so that should help him out- also seen he has set of black recaro from previous posts- it really is the bodywork and rot I would be most concerned about and an engine rebuild- say you are going to spend a ton of money on a car - its always going to hold it back a little that none of the original paperwork comes with it  and a mot gap of 11 years. I suppose on a positive a corrado G60 could be saved .  

Edited by Keyo

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

I dont want to point out anymore stuff about the car looking negative mate - he says he has quite a lot of G60 parts so that should help him out- also seen he has set of black recaro from previous posts- it really is the bodywork and rot I would be most concerned about and an engine rebuild- say you are going to spend a ton of money on a car - its always going to hold it back a little that none of the original paperwork comes with it  and a mot gap of 11 years. I suppose on a positive a corrado G60 could be saved .  

Get him on the forum  and off facebook😇 

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Get him on the forum  and off facebook😇 

Its more entertaining for me to keep them on there 🤣

P.s was down the dealers earlier picking up some clips. They had a new mk8 Golf GTI for sale on the showroom. 

Positives 

Huge cool rear tailgate spoiler

Gigantic brakes 

Absolutely beautiful sport seats which come standard on the GTI - and Im meant these are some of the best stock seats I have ever set my eyes on. 

Negatives imo

Disgusting huge cheap plastic front bumper grill

Headlights trying too hard with lights looking to ornate

Alloys both standard and optional look gross and tacky.

Can only get in a 5 door just dont look as good a 3dr in my eyes. 

No ergonomic switches on the dash all on the centre console display screen - I hate this as have bad eyesight and like to identify switches by feel whilst driving- one press will do dont want to press a screen 5 times .

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/configurator.html/__app/%2F30300%2Fgti.app?category-app=private&carlineId-app=30300&salesGroupId-app=30727&trimName-app=GTI&modelId-app=CD19UX%24GPF2PF2%24GPJ6PJ6%24GPLAPLA%24GPXDPXD%24GRBFRBF%24GWD1WD1%24GYOSYOS%24MSSH4KF%24MTKV4K6%24MSPU7Y1%24MNES8WK&modelYear-app=2021&modelVersion-app=3&options-app=GWW1WW1-MSNRSB3&exteriorId-app=F14+C2C2&interiorId-app=F56+++++UG&buildabilityStatus-app=unknown

seats.jpg

Edited by Keyo

5 hours ago, Keyo said:

P.s was down the dealers earlier picking up some clips. They had a new mk8 Golf GTI for sale on the showroom. 

Positives 

Huge cool rear tailgate spoiler

Gigantic brakes 

Absolutely beautiful sport seats which come standard on the GTI - and Im meant these are some of the best stock seats I have ever set my eyes on. 

Negatives imo

Disgusting huge cheap plastic front bumper grill

Headlights trying too hard with lights looking to ornate

Alloys both standard and optional look gross and tacky.

Can only get in a 5 door just dont look as good a 3dr in my eyes. 

No ergonomic switches on the dash all on the centre console display screen - I hate this as have bad eyesight and like to identify switches by feel whilst driving- one press will do dont want to press a screen 5 times .

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/configurator.html/__app/%2F30300%2Fgti.app?category-app=private&carlineId-app=30300&salesGroupId-app=30727&trimName-app=GTI&modelId-app=CD19UX%24GPF2PF2%24GPJ6PJ6%24GPLAPLA%24GPXDPXD%24GRBFRBF%24GWD1WD1%24GYOSYOS%24MSSH4KF%24MTKV4K6%24MSPU7Y1%24MNES8WK&modelYear-app=2021&modelVersion-app=3&options-app=GWW1WW1-MSNRSB3&exteriorId-app=F14+C2C2&interiorId-app=F56+++++UG&buildabilityStatus-app=unknown

seats.jpg

i had a look at one several weeks ago and completely agree on the alloys - look a bit naff to be honest 

everyone is just waiting on the R as far as i can see

cant help but think the gti will be in its shadow for the foreseeable future

35 minutes ago, ger040 said:

i had a look at one several weeks ago and completely agree on the alloys - look a bit naff to be honest 

everyone is just waiting on the R as far as i can see

cant help but think the gti will be in its shadow for the foreseeable future

I think so - I actually think they got the branding seriously wrong.

This is how I would brand the three products 

Standard GTI 

I would have kept the gti interior and branding called a golf  R the  GTI 4

Top of the range Golf Rallye and a little bit more crazy like the old one - not as boring looking as the R. Get some of that Rallye classic cloth in the interior that's what we want like they have done with the GTI. Want to see 380 bhp.  

Possibility its  the last MK petrol golf in the UK to be introduced . 😔 plus most likely will never be another petrol corrado manufactured. 

Edited by Keyo

Yeaks not sure why you would do this to a low miler Valver why not do it to a 1.3 and do an engine swap. Each to there own I suppose does look sort of cool tbf and a one off.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-GOLF-GTI-MK2-16V-OAK-GREEN-1-OWNER-59K-FVWS-PICK-UP-1-OF-SHOW-CAR/114632490365?hash=item1ab0a0fd7d:g:sW0AAOSwCQBgAdH-

Edited by Keyo

16 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Yeaks not sure why you would do this to a low miler Valver why not do it to a 1.3 and do an engine swap. Each to there own I suppose does look sort of cool tbf and a one off.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-GOLF-GTI-MK2-16V-OAK-GREEN-1-OWNER-59K-FVWS-PICK-UP-1-OF-SHOW-CAR/114632490365?hash=item1ab0a0fd7d:g:sW0AAOSwCQBgAdH-

I think you'll find its Cat C (the VOSA inspected bit) - rear ended then converted, its been for sale on and off for a while

1 minute ago, Dox said:

I think you'll find its Cat C (the VOSA inspected bit) - rear ended then converted, its been for sale on and off for a while

Ah ok if cat C no hardship there then. 

Edited by Keyo

Just now, Keyo said:

Ah ok if cat C no hardship there then. 

I've no proof, just seen it several times in various VAG groups on fb

Looks nice, but ouch - the Oak Green 5d 16v cars are some of the most desirable.

How on earth would you put it back to a 5 door, "easily" ? you'd need a complete intact shell (could be off a non GTI car I guess).

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

Horrendous. A beautiful car turned ugly  😳

What you moaning about lads could get a pallet of bricks on the back and rev upto 7.2k 😅

Edited by Keyo

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Whay you moaning about lads could get a pallet of bricks on the back and rev upto 7.2k 😅

And go camping with the tent on the back?

Edited by Dox

41 minutes ago, Dox said:

And go camping with the tent on the back?

🤣

A machine gun would look good on the back. 

On a brighter note this looks a solid buy with good mileage and price as could easily be advertised as 15k car these day. Has new eibach and B4 they ride lovely on a Mk2 + also pas and electric windows .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-GOLF-GTI-16V-3-DOOR/265016490414?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Edited by Keyo

14 minutes ago, Keyo said:

🤣

A machine good would look good on the back. 

On a brighter note this looks a solid buy with good mileage and price as could easily be advertised as 15k car these day. Has new eibach and B4 they ride lovely on a Mk2 + also pas and electric windows .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-GOLF-GTI-16V-3-DOOR/265016490414?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

You wanted a new scaffwagon? You'd get loadsa clips in that?

My old MK2

TCA.jpg

25 minutes ago, Dox said:

You wanted a new scaffwagon? You'd get loadsa clips in that?

My old MK2

TCA.jpg

Im hearing you loud and clear could be company vehicle claim back costs and cooler then a Transit ha. 

They do look good in white is that a Kamei lip spoiler to and an ultra rare none sunroof model ?  What happened to the car = do you remember a firm called BR Motorsports) Warwickshire)  Dox and the belated Brian Ricketts - I know who has all his stock  and the chap(Midlander) that purchased it off the family after he passed away - has new Nothelle pistons - built up blocks you name it in a council lock up- that much stuff cant move in there- I m in ongoing talks with him to purchase it but he needs to get some stuff out the way first.  

Edited by Keyo

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Im hearing you loud and clear could be company vehicle claim back costs and cooler then a Transit ha. 

They do look good in white is that a Kamei lip spoiler to and an ultra rare none sunroof model ?  

It was a Kamei (not a nasty fibreglass copy), I fitted an Audi 80 tilt and slide instead of the OE tilt only, sold it in 1998