Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

3 minutes ago, Dox said:

It was a Kamei (not a nasty fibreglass copy), I fitted an Audi 80 tilt and slide instead of the OE tilt only, sold it in 1998

Is the car still about ? Also have added to original post. 

Edited by Keyo

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

Is the car still about ? Also have added to original mail. 

G632TCA hasn't been seen for 20 years, I've looked over and over. J711FPW was my mate 5 door, got written off 3 years ago.

BR only dealt with quality / expensive stuff

12 minutes ago, Dox said:

G632TCA hasn't been seen for 20 years, I've looked over and over. J711FPW was my mate 5 door, got written off 3 years ago.

BR only dealt with quality / expensive stuff

Do you want me to post on the FB MK 2 owners club anyone seen this car ? 

So many of these Mk2 got write off by young kids. My mate had a lovely one with with a six speed dogleg Gemma Motorsports  gearbox and various engine mods- was a proper high revving racy engine- anyway kid purchased it off him at work and write it off after 2 weeks- he told him a few days after- anyways he rushed down the scrapers to try and get the engine and gearbox but the car had been flipping crushed . 

So do you remember the 

BR Motorsports conversions - he use to work for GTI engineering but branched out on his own - Stealth was a young rival of his. 

1.9L BRM 170

2.0L BRM 180 

BRM 2.0 16v 9a engine
Stage 3 cylinder head with big valves
Schrick 260 cams
ITBs
Weber Alpha Management
Uprated solid engine mounts
4 branch heat wrapped manifold with full stainless longlife exhaust
Mocal Oil Cooler

RR'd at 205 bhp @ 6,500 rpm, 163lb/ft @ 5,240rpm

Good thread here. 

https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk2-golf-project-brm180-engine-with-weber-alpha-conversion.229013/

Edited by Keyo

9 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Do you want me to post on the FB MK 2 owners club anyone seen this car ? 

So many of these Mk2 got write off by young kids. My mate had a lovely one with with a six speed dogleg Gemma Motorsports  gearbox and various engine mods- was a proper high revving racy engine- anyway kid purchased it off him at work and write it off after 2 weeks- he told him a few days after- anyways he rushed down the scrapers to try and get the engine and gearbox but the car had been flipping crushed . 

So do you remember the 

BR Motorsports conversions - he use to work for GTI engineering but branched out on his own - Stealth was a young rival of his. 

1.9L BRM 170

2.0L BRM 180 

BRM 2.0 16v 9a engine
Stage 3 cylinder head with big valves
Schrick 260 cams
ITBs
Weber Alpha Management
Uprated solid engine mounts
4 branch heat wrapped manifold with full stainless longlife exhaust
Mocal Oil Cooler

RR'd at 205 bhp @ 6,500 rpm, 163lb/ft @ 5,240rpm

Good thread here. 

https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk2-golf-project-brm180-engine-with-weber-alpha-conversion.229013/

I spoke to him, nice beardy chap, GTi screwed him over whilst he was in hospital after a car crash. They were BRM - but the owner of the similar named exF1 team didn't like it, then BR Motorsport - they went bust, the Berrington Road Motor services run by his step son - I lusted over his MK1...

BRM / TSR / C&R and a newcomer Stealth in its first guise (Vince and Mark Yates) were the front runners at the time (Awesome were more interested in engine conversions, but sold all the bits too), I think M Y worked for just about everyone as well as APR and Revo.

11 minutes ago, Dox said:

I spoke to him, nice beardy chap, GTi screwed him over whilst he was in hospital after a car crash. They were BRM - but the owner of the similar named exF1 team didn't like it, then BR Motorsport - they went bust, the Berrington Road Motor services run by his step son - I lusted over his MK1...

BRM / TSR / C&R and a newcomer Stealth in its first guise (Vince and Mark Yates) were the front runners at the time (Awesome were more interested in engine conversions, but sold all the bits too), I think M Y worked for just about everyone as well as APR and Revo.

Yeah Mark Yates his still about and works in something else I cant quite remember - bit of a story. I take it BR Motorsports did quite alot with Audi or audi parts as my contact is in the Audi classic world.  Cool picture what a beast, I believe at the end before BR departed they went onto mobility or something bizarre like that but this council lock up is full of blocks and nos parts (not sure there will be any related VR6 stock) all the audi parts need to be moved first as physically cant walk in there. 

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Yeah Mark Yates his still about and works in something else I cant quite remember - bit of a story. I take it BR Motorsports did quite alot with Audi or audi parts as my contact is in the Audi classic world.  

I think BRM were the price leaders at the time so would pick up the higher priced stuff for the well healed.

Autocavan were the bread and butter end of things both air and watercooled, stack em high, sell em cheap

3 minutes ago, Dox said:

I think BRM were the price leaders at the time so would pick up the higher priced stuff for the well healed.

Autocavan were the bread and butter end of things both air and watercooled, stack em high, sell em cheap

Who was the other firm in Oxfordshire that was famous for ecu chips (now gone)- Vince took one of there chips out of my VR ECU and said something about how he use to cut something off them he shouldnt of and Vince found a better way to fit the chips. 

Edited by Keyo

Just now, Keyo said:

Who was the other firm in Oxfordshire that was famous for ecu chips (now gone)- Vince took one of there chips out of my ECU and said something about how he use to cut something off them he shouldnt of and Vince found a better way to fit the chips. 

AmD, Geoff Everett and Mike Devine, Geoff chipped my MK2. Mike left the company and was bought out by Andrew ????? They did loads of Porsche high end stuff, Geoff previously worked for Bosch flying all over the world

24 minutes ago, Dox said:

AmD, Geoff Everett and Mike Devine, Geoff chipped my MK2. Mike left the company and was bought out by Andrew ????? They did loads of Porsche high end stuff, Geoff previously worked for Bosch flying all over the world

Thats not one who did my original chip - you will know them Dox they would of been mentioned on here a lot. They are not in business anymore for sure went bump. 

Edited by Keyo

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

Thats not one who did my original chip - you will now them Dox they would of been mentioned on here a lot. They are not in business anymore for sure went bump. 

Automotive Developments = AmD, the were in Oddington Oxfordshire

2 minutes ago, Dox said:

Automotive Developments = AmD, the were in Oddington Oxfordshire

I would check my chip but Vince got it - gave me a free Stealth  scrhick chip as rebuilt my engine but kept the old one- probably wanted a mooch at it.  😅 Probably was AMD as you say but the firm went bump for sure.. 

Edited by Keyo

4 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I would check my chip but Vince got it - gave me a free Stealth  scrhick chip as rebuilt my engine but kept the old one- probably wanted a mooch at it.  😅 Probably was AMD as you say but the firm went bump for sure.. 

They did go bump, Big Boys Toys bought the name for the watercooled side to add to their existing aircooled business and moved it to Essex

5 minutes ago, Dox said:

They did go bump, Big Boys Toys bought the name for the watercooled side to add to their existing aircooled business and moved it to Essex

Ok chap that makes sense. 

Geri or any Irish members like I said there seems to be some beautiful MK2 coming for sale in Ireland- magnificent example here. 

BBS RS = BBS Steering wheel. 

Car won dubshed ?? 

Went live 30 minutes ago saying 10k now says 1234. Sell your kids or the wife that a 15k car all day long and thats taking the RS alloys off and steering wheel which are worth 3k. . 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/869130097270676?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Edited by Keyo

5 hours ago, Keyo said:

Geri or any Irish members like I said there seems to be some beautiful MK2 coming for sale in Ireland- magnificent example here. 

BBS RS = BBS Steering wheel. 

Car won dubshed ?? 

Went live 30 minutes ago saying 10k now says 1234. Sell your kids or the wife that a 15k car all day long and thats taking the RS alloys off and steering wheel which are worth 3k. . 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/869130097270676?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Looks a very good example there someone has put a lot of effort in that one for sure

i am not a great lover of the bbs splits to be honest in general - to much effort to clean and maintain

Dubshed is the biggest VAG show here  with plenty of cars from all over the island turning up (no show last year and i doubt one this year also with the covid nightmare)

Plenty of trailer queens also with some owners with deep pockets 

1 hour ago, ger040 said:

Looks a very good example there someone has put a lot of effort in that one for sure

i am not a great lover of the bbs splits to be honest in general - to much effort to clean and maintain

Dubshed is the biggest VAG show here  with plenty of cars from all over the island turning up (no show last year and i doubt one this year also with the covid nightmare)

Plenty of trailer queens also with some owners with deep pockets 

Yeaks too scared to drive the cars the trailer queens ? 

Yeah figured it would have been originally. Looks good imo though, I like the styling - very 'Bertone' like.

Edited by seanl82

2 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Yeah figured it would have been originally. Looks good imo though, I like the styling - very 'Bertone' like.

Yeah that what I was thinking cant think of the model but Lancia + Alfa comes to mind. 

Edited by Keyo

On 1/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, Dox said:

That's like a time machine.

They had some interesting variants and home-grown cars in Brazil - always fancied me an SP2, but you'd need at least a V6 or FI 4-pot in it to do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_SP2

image.jpeg.a688b47249c130fcfb9a4eec63f9b4dd.jpeg