Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

5 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Is that the right link dox. 

I’m out atm, correct guy I’d imagine?

2 minutes ago, Dox said:

I’m out atm, correct guy I’d imagine?

Just looked at the first page and yes can see now its the K100 VRG car- known as the red storm. 

My mate has had a good look at the reg under the tape and seems to think it is. 

M116 JNP

32 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Good chance he deciphered the last three digits correct- also says its red. 

You could always message the op for any info he might have?

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Good chance he deciphered the last three digits correct- also says its red. 

I agree there is a good chance he guessed the reg right but if he did it was off the road in 2013 and the mileage backs that up, so unlikely the came car as K100

No mot from when it ran out in 2010 until next mot in 2016

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

The cars last mot ran out in 2018. So maybe got stolen and recovered while off the road and not insured. The owner might be selling it as prices have risen and can now recoup some outlay without the hassle of breaking and selling bits separately. 

14 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I agree there is a good chance he guessed the reg right but if he did it was off the road in 2013 and the mileage backs that up, so unlikely the came car as K100

No mot from when it ran out in 2010 until next mot in 2016

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

The cars last mot ran out in 2018. So maybe got stolen and recovered while off the road and not insured. The owner might be selling it as prices have risen and can now recoup some outlay without the hassle of breaking and selling bits separately. 

I dont think its the K100 car anymore mate. 

My instincts tell me this car was in storage and got stolen, as the mot indicates that and also the heavy build up of dust on the paint. 

25 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

4K tops as a non runner

So that will be 5 k with fees - why do i have feeling this is going to go for about 6 or above- is that a BBS steering wheel to ?  If i had not purchased that G60 I would have a go at buying it lol. Red . audioscapes, black recaro - ding dong sold sir. 

Edited by Keyo

I agree I think this will go for 6k+,shame really as I would have been interested in this as it’s only quoting me £85 to deliver it to my house

7 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

I agree I think this will go for 6k+,shame really as I would have been interested in this as it’s only quoting me £85 to deliver it to my house

It could go for more mate tbh - a blue one with same mileage sold for 6 something k the other week with no rare bits. Had a damaged door and smashed window - the owner tried to be clever and took a pay off from insurance and thought he could buy it back for 2k at auction - he openly admitted his greed back fired on him when he got outbid.

Edited by Keyo

jesus i believe the world is going mad

Why are none runners, vandalised and project cars selling for the similar money as road going cars

There is a good chance that this car could be an absolute basket case especially if it is a stolen recovered car 

is it a catgorised car??

i must admit i would buy it just for the seats not so keen on the wheels tbh

pity about the bonnet not being open - what are the chances of there not being a vr6 engine under there ?? just a vw 1.9d thrown in

What are the rules with copart if the car is not what it is supposed to be??

anyone bidding on this car should see it in the flesh first before bidding any serious money

Edited by ger040

Your not allowed to mate only a whatsap video that the shysters charge you a  tenner- I would be like get your fooking hand in that grill and pull the cable you chocolate tea pot I want me tenner's worth- show that manifold . I would say there is a vr in there the nose looks pretty low 

I think it was a project car and now added to that a cable carnage in fuse box and potentially a smashed window. Its all about can you be bothered to spend a £100 becoming a member to bid - i suppose it gets rid of time waster alike to ebay auction. 

Says no cat or in yankee doodle clean title 

Edited by Keyo

Says sold now so who got it - would love to see what else the car was hiding any gems- I was very tempted  but have three classic vags and realise its silly owning more then you can drive and probably would of ending sinking a 10 restoration into it. 

Anyone off here grab it??? Lets see the engine bay and the steering wheel. 

Edited by Keyo

It’s a crazy world the pricing - a green storm with a riced out interior and rust sold for 25k last week on cars and classic - couldn’t see any major work in the description - I can’t find the link . Then an aqua blue sold for 8.2 k I think that had a ton of work and recaro xt . 

Ok I found the storm. Photos look great. Now scan in close at the bottom of the arches and you wil see rust bottom of A pillars sills, also on the rear arch front drain lips . I cant see no mention of chains either or any major work - now if the cars has rust  its seen winters and i imagine its grubby under the chassis - 25k for a car that needs metal cutting out and a none original interior. Each to their own I suppose. #

Ok car has 72k miles but dont mean its not seen 15 years of winter use- a low miler car in my books is sub 30 k  and garaged - yes worth a premium  as the car has no wear or erosion. 

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/auctions/1995-vw-corrado-vr6-storm-n9jDR4

Edited by Keyo

I am sure the owner of that £25k will be sorely disappointed with their purchase once it turns up, not only have they paid way over normal money in todays climate becuase i suspect they looked at the odo and closed their eyes at everything else_

+ £1200-1400 to source the original interior and plastics

+ £120 for creams carpets

+£250 for headlining retrim

+£500 to find the original wheels and new tyres in refurbed condition

+£2000 of bodywork on what I can see alone

+£1500 in mechanical items such as bushes, brake lines and whatever else needs refreshing on a seldom used 25 year old car (couldn't see in the history anything of the sort had been done)

OK the interior items I listed above aren't strictly necessary but the whole point of a low mileage special edition being valuable is that it is original. 

31 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Always liked the look of these back in the day intill. 

Unfortunatley back in 94 two of my frineds died in the lesser model  1.7 none turbo model might of been called a prima i think - was only doing 52 mph the inquest said and clipped the kerb and ended upside down into a wall - real death trap car - you stand a chance in a VW. Both passed away with internal bleeding and one was my best friend we had even booked to go to Spain that year for a week- always purchased German since or scandanavian. Sti;; have the paper cutting here in a box they were 17 at the time. 

Edited by Keyo

44 minutes ago, ger040 said:

i would not even give £12,50 for that never mind £12500

Geri this car seems to of offended you ha.