Cressa

Schrick manifold advice

Ok, so I have the option of purchasing one of the above. I must be mental to consider it, but after having read all too many threads, don't see a downside to the purchase in principal

BUT

As we all like nice shiny items, has anyone powdercoated theirs? I can't see why not as my original manifold came up great..

GASKETS... 89euros from a company called Bartek seem a lot for two gaskets that I believe are paper. Can anyone recommend anywhere or what they have done

Anything I have missed or should consider? It will be a slow process and not needed on the car yet anyway, but it is good to be prepared

Cheers

Cressa

Love the schrick transforms the power delivery, would recommend thick gasket paper as per the originals

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=making+paper+gaskets

There's a few videos on youtube showing how to make paper gaskets for a few £sss

Mine will be vapour blasted for the as new look

I think they look great polished bugger of a job though sanding it down. Make sure the manifold comes with all the extras like the solenoid, ecu piggy back, and a few other things.

Edited by Keyo

So,as I am now the owner of a Schrick manifold with ancillaries, I've decided to strip it down. As you do!!!

I was going to have a go at cutting my own gaskets, as €89 from bar-tek seems a little steep. Problem is on dismantling I've found the runner section to the upper manifold has been gasket sealed, so no template .... damn.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that may help, or an old gasket (I know we never throw anything away)I could borrow to use as a template.

On doing a Google search, I only seem to find bar-tek selling them. I wondered if any wise person may know of another source

Thanks for your patience

So,as I am now the owner of a Schrick manifold with ancillaries, I've decided to strip it down. As you do!!!

I was going to have a go at cutting my own gaskets, as €89 from bar-tek seems a little steep. Problem is on dismantling I've found the runner section to the upper manifold has been gasket sealed, so no template .... damn.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that may help, or an old gasket (I know we never throw anything away)I could borrow to use as a template.

On doing a Google search, I only seem to find bar-tek selling them. I wondered if any wise person may know of another source

Thanks for your patience

You don’t need a template, stick a piece of gasket paper on using Pritt stick or similar and then using a small hammer, gently (very gently!) tap around the edges and it will cut out the shape you need. Might take s bit of practice but it’ll save you a fortune in pre-cut gaskets!

Have you set a date or have one in mind of when this car will have a MOT Cressa. Lmao

8)8)MOT.... that's just a dream. I think I got bored trying to source an evaporator for the car so bought this. Anyway I'm still shaking from the terrifying acceleration of your car :shocked!:

You don’t need a template, stick a piece of gasket paper on using Pritt stick or similar and then using a small hammer, gently (very gently!) tap around the edges and it will cut out the shape you need. Might take s bit of practice but it’ll save you a fortune in pre-cut gaskets!

Tonedef I'll certainly give that a try, thanks

Lol. On another side note. I’ve found you some of them white plastic windscreen scuttle bracket/holder things, but I don’t think you are in a rush for them got 5 or 6 for next time I see you.