robrado974

MK2 scuttle panel fitting.

As far as I know , a small amount of cutting is needed to make these fit . I’ve had electrical problems recently and one of the causes was water getting into the ECU plug . So I was thinking of buying one . How much work is involved chaps ?.

Be nice if it does fit. I was looking at some Rallye golfs that have a full scuttle panel cover, very nice

I presume the Oem plastic cover does sit right on the end of the bulkhead. What I mean is the bit where the pointed end is sits close to the wing .so really it only just covers the ECU plug.

I haven't done a search Rob, but from memory there are two types (early & late iirc). One of them is a direct fit, the other needs a little cutting to make fit as it interferes with the wiper motor.

Go for the thick hard plastic type if you can rather than the more flimsy one - if you get a LHD and a RHD version it's possible to make an almost complete scuttle cover.

Alternatively, there are at least three different types of aftermarket one piece panels around, which might save some hassle unless you are trying for an OEM look.

Thanks Sean and Fender . Yes I was going for the Oem look , well as much as you can do with a MK2 scuttle. There are only two on Ebay at the moment, one only has one pic the other doesn’t look great. I will take a look else where and see what I can find .

Sometimes you can get them new - check with Classic Parts etc., I know they made a batch of them a while back, and I was able to get both types from the dealer around 6 years ago.

I had a right hand drive one on my old Corrado many years ago, never fitted right to be honest, which was a shame. In the end I trashed it for SWG item, if you can get one cheap go for it, else just buy a SWG andmaybe spray matt grey/black for a more OEM look