captainredeye

Lambda Wiring

Been looking at the loom side of the lambda sensor and i have a 5th wire not connected its part of a sealed rubber casing containing two other wires and 2 other wires that are separate, its 4 pins for the sensor so im unsure about the 5th wire, i have only checked as i have had a ground fault thrown up for the lambda.

The red white wire and brown are the separate wires, the white wire has been cut into black on the plug and the black wire from the loom is left cut.

Any ideas on what sort of bodge this is? did some lambdas have a 5 pin plug?

Yes, I believe that there are at least two different plug variations on the VR and I've seen some cars with the wiring changed to take a different plug. I have a spare one that came off my car at home, so I can take a look later to check.

My VR is an early 94 so I have found a few variations in parts from late to early cars

Be interested to know what cars had the 4 pin and 5pin as I’m sure the MAF has a different number of Terminals depending on the model

Early VR6 Maf 5 pin Bosch obsolete

Late VR6 Maf 4 pin still available from Bosch suppliers

Checked my old sensor there on a 93 dizzy VR and the plug on the probe is black and rounded at the edges, marked "44" on the connector and has four wires, in a 3+1 arrangement. I'll try and grab a pic and part# for you later - probably won't get a chance to check the connector on the car though.

Does anyone have a pic of the wiring from the lambda?  For OBD1 (for a friend)  Mines OBD2 so no help.

Ideally a pic of the wires going to the connector. Its the 3+1 connector and wires look like they've been cut and joined badly as below

thanks

Hasan

IMG_20210125_131853_547.jpg

IMG_20210125_131847_733.jpg