delfinis38

Interesting auction

I sold my R129 sl500 for 14k with 130k on the clock, other examples with the same mileage were on the market for 5-6k . There are buyers out there that want to enjoy the car and not have the hassle of renovating , also it is normally cheaper to buy a car that has been renovated rather then doing it yourself .

If you have a hpi free car with receipts, well documented and history to justify your price it will sell for strong money , I wouldn’t let mine go for less then 10k to be honest. I would rather keep it as that’s what a well sorted one will cost you to renovate the car and purchase, even more to be fair more like 12k to get one mint.

Ditto for me. The only mechanical bit on my car unchanged/not refreshed is the bottom end. Once it has been resprayed i'd want at least 12k. Simply wouldn't sell it for any less (no plans to get rid of it anyway). I would sooner by my car over these low mile cars - they'll need money spending on them anyway and at least mine is basically new, if not better.

15 August 1996

Checked the chassis number against mine and assuming the numbers are sequential it’s a way earlier build. Mine’s dated May 18 1995 on the label in the boot and wasn’t registered until 1st Nov 1995, this one could have been built early 95, not that it makes any difference, it’s still only done a third of the miles!

We used to see a blue P reg around Chesterfield when we first had the VR but that’s almost 19 years ago already, not seen that or any other P reg in a very long time.

Mine is similar to yours tone. Boot sticker May, registered 21 Dec 1995. The engine has a stamp as at Jan 1995

Never made reserve highest bid £1400

what was the mileage on this? (i assume its high with no history)