robrado974

Aerial .

Put in VW golf corrado aerial antenna mast genuine OE into ebay search. cost is£14.95 + postage

Worth going for an original Hirschmann which will be stated in the item description on ebay.

The forum wont allow me to post the link mate as it's still not working.

Had an aftermarket on mine and the Hirschman made the signal perfect on all frequencies don't bother with cheaper copies.

Edited by Keyo

Hi Rob,

as Keyo has mentioned above EBay item number is: 171216178792

Says in the sellers advert that,

This mast has a length of 410mm (16" inches) with a flexible black rubber sheathed coil around the whip, i.e bee sting.

It has a fixed 5mm diameter male thread which is 7mm in length.

Hirschmann replacement mast as supplied to VW/ VAG by the Original Equipment (OE) according to the EBay seller.

Cost £14.95 + £3.25 postage

States they only have limited stock available

so possibly have 12 to 20 max left ?

Rob I've sent you a text message of the above just in case the forum starts playing up again.

Si

I knew I had a spare somewhere. I’ve dug it out . The antenna measures 16.5”. If these are Oem am I right in saying the one I have is not Oem . I can’t put pics up anymore. I will text a pic Si. The new one fits on ok but when tight is the wrong angle .

Edited by robrado974

Thread sounds bent in the aeriel, spoil yourself to a new un why you can still get one.

Can you buy the whole aerial still including base and gasket or are they the same as newer golfs?

Rob I bought an aerial new from VW main dealer, think it was £56 for the whole kit back in 2006

From memory I think the bee sting mast is 41cm (410mm) as standard,

I'll measure mine and let you know as it's the original stock item.

Regarding the wrong angle Rob it could be as Keyo has mentioned, the small 5mm male stud could be bent slightly.

I'm on WhatsApp Rob if you need to send a photo, as it's free as long as you have WiFi

Si

ChrisL yes I believe you can still purchase the whole aerial as a kit, but they are starting to be a little rarer now.

Best bet is EBay or Amazon,

you could try the main dealers but it's probably obsolete now.

I think the Corrado aerial was used up until roughly 2007 on other VWs then they changed slightly.

On my old MK3 Polo that I used to have, that had pretty much the same aerial set up as our Corrado's.

Si

The original ones all had the twisted wire on the outside - they were common on all the Mk2/Mk3 era cars that had an amplified base. You can also get a shorter bee sting type that had no twists, this is what I have on my car - you lose a little bit of reception but it looks sleeker and more modern.

Rob I've had a look and measured my original aerial and it's definitely 410mm or 41cm (16") long.

That's measuring from the base of aerial to the end tip, but not including the 5mm stud.

Sent you a text as well.

Si

Thanks Si. Obviously I’m used to seeing the old one , so the new one looks a little odd at the moment. I will get used to it .

Thank you for everyone’s input.

Kind regards

Rob.