gurby28

Brandnew OEM ABS pedal position sensor, part no 357927810

Hi folks,

As far as my administration of parts is correct, somewhere I have a brandnew Brandnew OEM ABS pedal position sensor, part no 357927810 in my parts collection.

Am I correct this one is only suitable for right hand drive versions?

As I noticed, it's obselete for almost 10 years, what should it be worth?

Regards,

Gerben

Hello there,

Part number 357 927 810

On ETKA it says brake distance sensor,

certainly is for UK Corrado's, possibly for others in or around Europe,

but most LHD Corrado's I think with ABS,

had the whole ABS pump and master cylinder as one unit, basically didn't have a brake servo.

The part you have I'm guessing is worth not less than £80 to £100 ??

I can't remember what they were new from the Main VW Dealers.

I'd be happy to take it off your hands,

if you're thinking of selling it ??

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

Thanks for your reply. I don't about it's value, seems to be quite rare original new at least. Found the part, here are some pictures.

Sold by VW in 2008, I bought it on UK ebay in 2010. Seems brandnew to me, although I've never seen such topshield electrostatic packaging before from VW. What is your opinion?

61073_7024.jpg

61074_7024.jpg

61075_7024.jpg

Thanks for your reply. I don't about it's value, seems to be quite rare original new at least. Found the part, here are some pictures.

Sold by VW in 2008, I bought it on UK ebay in 2010. Seems brandnew to me, although I've never seen such topshield electrostatic packaging before from VW. What is your opinion?

61073_7024.jpg

61074_7024.jpg

61075_7024.jpg

You say you bought it off UK Ebay,

are you not UK based then I'm presuming ?

Si

Right just got off the phone with the parts guy at VW in Poole,

he said the last registered price was in roughly 2009 to 2010 here in the UK,

cost was £109

I'm sure there's an old thread on here,

where at least 5 guys on here did a group buy, and purchased the last remaining sensors, I recall the price being close to £100

So what are your thoughts on price ?

Si

Right just got off the phone with the parts guy at VW in Poole,

he said the last registered price was in roughly 2009 to 2010 here in the UK,

cost was £109

I'm sure there's an old thread on here,

where at least 5 guys on here did a group buy, and purchased the last remaining sensors, I recall the price being close to £100

So what are your thoughts on price ?

Si

I to have these in brand new packaging just part of the Brummie part hoard based in the Midlands, could be available soon.

Also have a brand new windows seals around the front door windows inner and outer , for the x4 seals it cost a whopping £620.00 from VW classics.These are close to been obsolete I was told and a couple of the pieces took six weeks to arrive from Heritage, Would be ideal for someone who has their car in for paint to finish it off and have the window sliding up down like new on the velvet guide. Let me see how the sale of my car goes but these will be all parts lightly to be available, also have lots of obsoletes used coolant hoses, just to many parts to mention.

Do you also have a VR6 Original muffler middle and end part ?

What value would you rate this sensor at?

Hard to say really , as a member on here I would certainly be looking to recoup a large amount of the money for purchasing something that was new, but at the sametime been reasonable to fellow members.

If you got the part cheap then why not let it go for a fair amount and it will sell quick.

I don't know, some pieces also increase in value due to rarity. I've noticed these sensors are also on a lot of LHD cars like Golf VR6 and Passat and such. In fact it's weird that such a important part of a widely used brake system is already since 2010 out of stock.

But you do not have a C VR6 Original exhaust system?

I have a Manifold, downpipe and Cat Stock in used condition. Just need a few weeks in till I release anything to see how things go, also have a sunroof panel in red and slam panel in excellent condition. Also a spoiler in blue.

Edited by Keyo

I to have these in brand new packaging just part of the Brummie part hoard based in the Midlands, could be available soon.

Q: What would you sell your new sensor for ?

Si

Q: What would you sell your new sensor for ?

Si

Not yet ready to let go of the parts yet Si, but you have first digs on the above item so unless your in the shizzer and car is not working hold fire mate .

Not yet ready to let go of the parts yet Si, but you have first digs on the above item so unless your in the shizzer and car is not working hold fire mate .

To be honest mine on my car still works,

plus I have a secondhand one again that works also, but you need spares for these old cars now.

Ok mate cheers.

Many thanks

Si

To be honest mine on my car still works,

plus I have a secondhand one again that works also, but you need spares for these old cars now.

Ok mate cheers.

Many thanks

Si

Glad to here that, although the Rado is a better built car,rarer and a whole lot more then the Golf the parts are rare a rocking poops and more tech in the car to go wrong, thankfully there are a few engineering companies out there to refurbish them. But one of the reasons I hanging on to the golf is it will be a less stressful car to keep on the road with parts like arch panel repair both sides for 40 nippers. Only £50 for a brand new front wing. Heritage have done so much for the Golf but so little for the Rado its bad really .Its suits me to keep the Golf as I have no garage for the Rado to preserve , with the golf I can buy a wing and get it sprayed and fitted for £300.00 and it will last the next 15 years or so. Brand new Bonnett £88...........

Edited by Keyo

Glad to here that, although the Rado is a better built car,rarer and a whole lot more then the Golf the parts are rare a rocking poops and more tech in the car to go wrong, thankfully there are a few engineering companies out there to refurbish them. But one of the reasons I hanging on to the golf is it will be a less stressful car to keep on the road with parts like arch panel repair both sides for 40 nippers. Only £50 for a brand new front wing. Heritage have done so much for the Golf but so litlle for the Rado its bad really .

Yeah tell me about it these parts now for the Corrado are like gold dust, I started collecting spare parts for mine when I first bought it back in 2002,

It's the only way if you're going to keep a rare car long term.

Sometimes I wish I had bought a MK2 Golf as the parts are more readily available, plus companies like Heritage and Classic, will be more willing to produce items for it, as there's more of a demand compared to our Corrado's.

But like I say that's why you have to stock pile especially with the Corrado.

If I didn't have the items I have as spares, I think it would be very difficult to keep her on the road, I'm not saying it couldn't be done but it just saves time and money further down the road so to speak.

Si

Edited by vw rule

Yeah tell me about it these parts now for the Corrado are like gold dust, I started collecting spare parts for mine when I first bought it back in 2002,

It's the only way if you're going to keep a rare car long term.

Sometimes I wish I had bought a MK2 Golf as the parts are more readily available, plus companies like Heritage and Classic, will be more willing to produce items for it, as there's more of a demand compared to our Corrado's.

But like I say that's why you have to stock pile especially with the Corrado.

If I didn't have the items I have as spares, I think it would be very difficult to keep her on the road, I'm not saying it couldn't be done but it just saves time and money further down the road do to speak.

Si

Any good Corrado owner keeping these on the road deserves a bursary off VW , as Mercedes use to say before the accounts took over from the engineers in the mid 90s, the best advertisement for a car company is seeing there cars sill on the road and we will help the owners by keep making the parts.

Also not helping the Corrado is the Golf boys nicking parts for VR5 conversions to wide track.

How long would the Corrado be allowed on the road? Here in Holland from 2030 onwards all new cars should be electric, and more and more (bigger) cities are excluding them from traffic from that period on aswell…. How long does it take before a Corrado becomes a museum object which will only drive very rarely?

In the UK when a car becomes 40 years old it is tax and MOT exempt so a true pleasure to own. It use to be 25 years old, that would be great as most Rado's would have been exempt by now. However some cities do a smog rule but classic cars will be exempt, the 40 years old is great!!!

How long would the Corrado be allowed on the road? Here in Holland from 2030 onwards all new cars should be electric, and more and more (bigger) cities are excluding them from traffic from that period on aswell…. How long does it take before a Corrado becomes a museum object which will only drive very rarely?

In my opinion I think petrol will still be around in 50 years, but the tax on it will be expensive, regarding road tax god knows. But you still see old classic cars now on the road, from the 1960s or 1940s,

so I'm sure there still will be in the future, even when electric cars become the norm.

Diesel fuel on the other hand they just can't get this any cleaner, as regards to emissions, so diesel possibly will become eradicated but the large trucks may just still use this fuel, untill they've got an equal or more powerful replacement power source, especially when we see trucks that are 30 or 40 tons in weight.

Si

In my opinion I think petrol will still be around in 50 years, but the tax on it will be expensive, regarding road tax god knows. But you still see old classic cars now on the road, from the 1960s or 1940s,

so I'm sure there still will be in the future, even when electric cars become the norm.

Diesel fuel on the other hand they just can't get this any cleaner, as regards to emissions, so diesel possibly will become eradicated but the large trucks my just still use this fuel, untill they've got an equal or more powerful replacement power source, especially when we see trucks that are 30 or 40 tons in weight.

Si

Ah ha will petrol become more expensive ? With Diesels on the way out and more electric cars taking over petrol and Diesel there will be a less of a demand for petrol .

We don’t have the infrastructure for electric cars, oil companies just won’t roll over and die either. There’s been a stampede to EVs, once the government realises the cost of EVs and the loss of revenue there will be another Uturn.......

How many cars parked on the roads? How many of those are several metres from their home addresses? How do you charge these cars?

There’s also a huge industry behind the classic car with lots of jobs depending on it.

They can’t sort a paperwork exercise like brexit, can they really revolutionise transport?