Earwig

Who PM'd Kevin Bacon recently about an R32 intake/silicon elbow?

It is I, the Baconator. The forum no longer allows me to sign in with that username, so I am now an Earwig!

Anyway, whoever it was who PM'd me, can you try again to my new username. The email notification doesn't include usernames, which is a bit pants!

Same here had the same problems logging in the last 24 hrs. I found for some reason that if you tick the remember me box after filling your password and email in it would then let me log in.

Edited by Keyo

I tried it with and without the remember me tick box. After getting "You've used up your login quota, please wait 15 minutes...." half a dozen times, I gave up and created a new username instead!

Yeah same as me, you get lucky after 20 hrs and 10 password resets it's a headache. Members have been unable to post pictures on here for the last month or two and as you know a picture can tell a million words so a real pain to be honest. Occasionally you see a member has posted a picture but it wont let me do it and the majority of members.

I'm not sure if Andi is still looking after the forum? Tom (VR6) is an admin but not sure he uses the forum anymore!

I've seen a lot of reported posts on my Kevin Bacon account, but I can't login to action them, not that I can anyway as I'm not an admin.

I'm not sure if Andi is still looking after the forum? Tom (VR6) is an admin but not sure he uses the forum anymore!

I'm not 100 percent sure, I think the chap is called Toby, others will know better , members are concerned about the survival of the site , there is a thread about the future of the forum that is on here a couple of months back.

The place is going to the dogs TBH

The PM is probably someone reporting spammers as non of the current mods frequent the forum anymore and spamming is now an issue

Oh dear! It would be a shame if it shut down. I think a lot of forums are declining these days in favour of that god awful, toxic cesspit - Facebook. Add to that declining Corrado numbers due to age, rust, scarcity of parts....and established members moving on to different cars.....yeah, it's not looking good :(

Oh dear! It would be a shame if it shut down. I think a lot of forums are declining these days in favour of that god awful, toxic cesspit - Facebook. Add to that declining Corrado numbers due to age, rust, scarcity of parts....and established members moving on to different cars.....yeah, it's not looking good :(

Just wish they would sort out the goddamn pictures for a start.

Hey Kev - hope you're keepin well - nice to see you on here again. At last there is a smell of rashers in the air once more! How is the R32 holding up?

Hey Kev - hope you're keepin well - nice to see you on here again. At last there is a smell of rashers in the air once more! How is the R32 holding up?

It's my pleasure to inject some pork back into the forum :lol:

I traded that in for an Edition 30 5 years ago, and still loving it :) I'd recommend one as a Corrado replacement any day of the week, or to own alongside a Corrado :thumbleft:

R32s are just a bit too heavy and cumbersome for me. The GTI is a lot more nimble. MK5s respond REALLY well to chassis upgrades without ruining the ride, which was always an issue with the Corrado!

I traded that in for an Edition 30 5 years ago, and still loving it :) I'd recommend one as a Corrado replacement any day of the week, or to own alongside a Corrado :thumbleft:

R32s are just a bit too heavy and cumbersome for me. The GTI is a lot more nimble. MK5s respond REALLY well to chassis upgrades without ruining the ride, which was always an issue with the Corrado!

That's exactly why I opted for a highly optioned Mk7 GTI p/p over an R , cant beat the GTI for its iconic handling and branding. Even when the Golf rallye was about with the heavy all wheel drive the 16V wiped its ass. Can't say that anymore with the GTI and R but i'll still go for the GTI as loyal to the brand and has heritage. Love the club sport could be the best investment VAG car of all time.

Mr Bacon!! good to know you are still lurking these waters m8! i hope life is well

This forum cannot go down !!!.

How much does it cost to run a forum? Perhaps a few of us could take it over and move it onto a better, more modern platform?

That's exactly why I opted for a highly optioned Mk7 GTI p/p over an R , cant beat the GTI for its iconic handling and branding. Even when the Golf rallye was about with the heavy all wheel drive the 16V wiped its ass. Can't say that anymore with the GTI and R but i'll still go for the GTI as loyal to the brand and has heritage. Love the club sport could be the best investment VAG car of all time.

I would a love a ClubSport S but it became a bit of a speculators car on top of it's already steep price tag, which made it unattainable for the average GTI fan. The regular Clubsport looks like a good buy though, and a cheeky remap will delete the silly 20 second over boost function, and take it up to Golf R power. Last chance to get a 3 door GTI as well, seeing as VW have dropped them now!

Mr Bacon!! good to know you are still lurking these waters m8! i hope life is well

Howdy Mr Golden Finger of Fudge :D How's your beast? The one on 4 wheels :D

Always keep an eye out for a tidy Mk5 GTI in case my wallet is feeling frisky.

Now the kind of banter we see above is what this forum has been missing - reminds me of when I joined up around 2008/9. There's been a thread to discuss what the future of the forum might be and what direction to take, but there hasn't been much visible movement on it.

I think most people were happy to donate, but not to make it a completely closed site. I work in IT, so more than happy to help out as an admin or with forum software maintenance and issues - the big roadblock for all message board platforms at the moment seems to be image hosting and associated costs - this is why most newbies just head straight for FB as they can just snap and post - but it's just so horrible and useless for knowledge sharing and searching.

The love is still strong on the CF..... I'm welling up :lol:

Ha ha - there is nothing like deep fried pork produce.....

How much does it cost to run a forum? Perhaps a few of us could take it over and move it onto a better, more modern platform?

That would be good . Not that I want to interfere with any current mods n stuff. I’m a little worried about the forum though. It’s such a great place for info and the people on here a good bunch .

Always keep an eye out for a tidy Mk5 GTI in case my wallet is feeling frisky.

Now the kind of banter we see above is what this forum has been missing - reminds me of when I joined up around 2008/9. There's been a thread to discuss what the future of the forum might be and what direction to take, but there hasn't been much visible movement on it.

I think most people were happy to donate, but not to make it a completely closed site. I work in IT, so more than happy to help out as an admin or with forum software maintenance and issues - the big roadblock for all message board platforms at the moment seems to be image hosting and associated costs - this is why most newbies just head straight for FB as they can just snap and post - but it's just so horrible and useless for knowledge sharing and searching.

The cheese and ham thread is still stickied in Off Topic for a bit of nostalgia :lol: I can't find the all time classic Angel Eyes thread though! That kept everyone gripped for days :lol:

Do [/img] links from image hosting sites still work, or is just uploading images to this site that's broken?

Oh dear god what have I done, I woken a ham and cheese giant! Welcome back kev earwig-bacon-piano-wire though, not fancy another rado?