geordiedoors

Bmw e30 wiper arms

I have been trying and failing to get my wiper arms to fit my early corrado, does the early corrado have a different shape of bonnet to the later model towards the scuttle area? I have tried packing up the underneath of the wiper assembly with washers on drivers side, but the arms still rub the bonnet on both sides, I have given up and put the old ridiculous corrado wiper arms and blades back on. What wiper blades are close to acceptable quality for corrado wiper arms.

Not really - the only major difference between early and late bonnets was that early ones had a dipped middle section (-___-) and late were raised, to accommodate the VR6 (_---_).

Your best bet is to get some Lupo wiper arms, or some have had some luck grinding down part of the raised nub on the arm to let the wipers sit closer to the screen - although I think the weak springs don't help.

Bosch blades are best - you can get retrofit Aero ones that will fit on the old arms, but not sure if they make much difference, best bet is proper Aera arms - have also heard of TT wiper conversions for the Corrado.

I used Mk1 TT arms, but the later aero pin type as the early ones are hook like the factory Corrado ones.

Had to chop out a little of the passenger side one and weld it back together, not difficult and resulted in excellent wipers

Pics on my thread here (which I haven't updated in two years .. :lol: ) http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?95765-G60-tidy-up/page2

That makes sense then, later corrado has bulge in middle so must sit higher for passenger side rubbing, I have two bosch aero wipers fitted to the BMW wiper arms, fantastic clearance when bonnet is up. Maybe il try the grinder route on corrado arms. I'm no paying stupid money for lupo gti wipers, no so sure I want to go dremeling away at tt wipers either.