Kempy

Fuel lines replacement

i need to replace the fuel line from the filter to the fuel rail.  Any suggestions for a braided hose replacement (for a VR)? Will a braided hose even fit through the opening to the fuel rail?

Thanks

Hasan

So im thinking about doing some work in this area on fuel lines. 

No 3 on diagram I have that hose new. 357201311

https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=getParts&market=RDW&model=COR&modelcode=76&year=1991&group=2&subgroup=201&part=68060&language=en

Note no 4 is a clamp that is not on mine and nor my g60 which been late is the same a s vr fuel line set up - Im wondering that metal part that rusts, is it showing a clamp so you cut the metal bit of and use the new hose and x 2 clamps??? If so its a good hack. 

All lines are obsolete apart from no 10 which is from fuel filter to engine bay. 

9430269A-E79C-4E77-B737-23F0D00BC6FF.png

B02F095B-6553-46F0-8BBE-88170556A22D.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Just now, 1xshaunx1 said:

Dose not no 10 include no 4 etc to the engine bay

Im afraid not mate  no 2 is from tank to pre filter and then no 10 is after filter to engine bay fuel hose. 

6 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Im afraid not mate  no 2 is from tank to pre filter and then no 10 is after filter to engine bay fuel hose. 

What number is the rusty bit in your photo then 

3 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

It looks like 10 is 4+ 5 + 19 and plastic pipe to bay. ECCC8249-639D-4483-AC6A-04FD8BF2989A.thumb.png.caba9f506367eacc8e4511b3aaa786f4.png

It certainly is comes with the hose on the end and cone fitting but im on about the hose the other side of filter to tank which is obsolete, so im wondering if you can chop of the rubber and cone fitting and retro fit the hose and x 2 clamps as shown on diagram. 

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

It certainly is comes with the hose on the end and cone fitting but im on about the hose the other side of filter to tank which is obsolete, so im wondering if you can chop of the rubber and cone fitting and retro fit the hose and x 2 clamps as shown on diagram. 

So you see that clamp is not on ours so im thinking you can chop off the ruuber and the bit that rots and put that new hose on it with x2 clamps. Canst see why else they would have it on the diagram. 

C05CDAAF-9BFF-4E23-B298-CFB6848D6A29.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

12 minutes ago, Keyo said:

So you see that clamp is not on ours so im thinking you can chop off the ruuber and the bit that rots and put that new hose on it with x2 clamps. Canst see why else they would have it on the diagram. 

C05CDAAF-9BFF-4E23-B298-CFB6848D6A29.jpeg

I see your thinking now. Can’t see why not, or they’ve missed a number 5 out. 

I see your thinking now. Can’t see why not, or they’ve missed a number 5 out. 

No number missed out. 

You can see the obsolete hose here mate - you can see no where to put a clamp where the rubber meets the plastic hose as has that mushroom join sleeve, i think the clamp is on diagram to say you can chop off that fitting and retro fit with no 3 and 4. 

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/fuel-line-supply-no-longer-available/535201293d/

Maybe then.

Just bought some new clips that hold the rubber fuel lines to the head. Does anybody want 2 for £20 inc postage 🤣🤣.  I had to buy more to get the bloody price down 

Maybe then.

Just bought some new clips that hold the rubber fuel lines to the head. Does anybody want 2 for £20 inc postage 🤣🤣.  I had to buy more to get the bloody price down 

Yeah I got some spare they are mega money - also came on an audi i believe- I will also be buying some of them fuel lines from the passat but have you fitted them yet- any issues ? 

Just now, Keyo said:

Yeah I got some spare they are mega money - also came on an audi i believe- I will also be buying some of them fuel lines from the passat but have you fitted them yet- any issues ? 

Fitted mate with no issues what so ever, blue to blue and return, then you are golden. Funnily enough when the guy at stealth was taking them off I noticed they had previously fitted the white writing going to return
Return line is blue and one rubber pipe has blue writing on it  the other white writing. Basically the pipes were swapped for each other, meaning they are quite flexible and even someone confused can make them fit nice as I’d never noticed they’d made a mistake before. I wanted new ones as the originals had a couple of gashes/nicks in them, not ideal for a fuel line passing the exhaust. I didn’t create the gashes/nicks either. 
To be honest I’d fit them myself now I’ve got some proper stainless crimp clips. Cost a few quid to watch the lad fumble his way through it, squirting petrol all over. 

1 minute ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Fitted mate with no issues what so ever, blue to blue and return, then you are golden. Funnily enough when the guy at stealth was taking them off I noticed they had previously fitted the white writing going to return
Return line is blue and one rubber pipe has blue writing on it  the other white writing. Basically the pipes were swapped for each other, meaning they are quite flexible and even someone confused can make them fit nice as I’d never noticed they’d made a mistake before. I wanted new ones as the originals had a couple of gashes/nicks in them, not ideal for a fuel line passing the exhaust. I didn’t create the gashes/nicks either. 
To be honest I’d fit them myself now I’ve got some proper stainless crimp clips. Cost a few quid to watch the lad fumble his way through it, squirting petrol all over. 

I got some nos ones few years back - one each side but Im still going to buy these as spares because of the mold shape is hard to replicate. 

5 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Maybe then.

I would be interested mate 😁🍻

11 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

All yours matey

For real? Thanks! Let me know how much shipped to me here, probably a bubble envelope would do? Cheers 

5 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

For real? Thanks! Let me know how much shipped to me here, probably a bubble envelope would do? Cheers 

My pleasure JF

Working away at the moment but should be able to get them posted at the weekend. I’ll let you know. 

My pleasure JF

Working away at the moment but should be able to get them posted at the weekend. I’ll let you know. 

Thank so much, no rush mate! Really appreciate it, cheers! 

23 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I have done a bit more research on this and yes its correct- cut off the metal mushroom and install hose and clamps to both ends, 

Some good info so far.  Is it feasible to replace the post filter pipe and hose connection with a normal fuel hose and clips and will the hose be able to run up to the fuel rail or at least join the s-shaped pieces?  I too dont like those rusty mushroom collars 

27 minutes ago, fla said:

Some good info so far.  Is it feasible to replace the post filter pipe and hose connection with a normal fuel hose and clips and will the hose be able to run up to the fuel rail or at least join the s-shaped pieces?  I too dont like those rusty mushroom collars 

Yes mate it it has one of them rotten mushroom fittings cut of the the fitting- slice the fitting open do not cut hose . 

This genuine codan hose should work fine cut section as needed.  I will use these clamps also with soft edges, . Just dont over tighten them - the lines are pretty hardy its just the rubber hose on the end that rots and the mushroom sleeves rust . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132124984649?var=431472213572

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382558389619

You can also buy these sleeves. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333662625744

The genuine vag hose is 7.5 mm part number N90080102  - I would just by the cadan 7.3 mm its ethanol safe as well. 

Edited by Keyo

Thanks Keyo, good link to the fuel hose.  I'm thinking perhaps a braided hose for under the car as the hard line will be more resistant to impact from stones etc, the hose may be more prone to get some nicks or small cuts

Agree on the clamps, jubilees really don't distribute the pressure evenly thus a greater potential for leaks.

Did you use a sleeve on the inside of the hard plastic pipe (like no#5 above)? I'd be concerned it would deform when the rubber hose was put on and tightened causing a leak.

Edited by seanl82