Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

On 7/13/2020 at 8:53 PM, Cressa said:

You now you have issues when you use a laser level to line up the rear VW badge and aerial, just so you can fit a repro dealer sticker in the middle of the glass20200713_145101.jpg

Morning mate, is the bottom centre the correct place where the dealer stickers were located? I've just received mine so just making sure it's in the right location; or was it simply anywhere that the person fitting it deemed appropriate?

4 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Morning mate, is the bottom centre the correct place where the dealer stickers were located? I've just received mine so just making sure it's in the right location; or was it simply anywhere that the person fitting it deemed appropriate?

I wasnt 100% sure as the space to the left of the wiper looked better. But after googling Corrado images, they all seemed to be in the middle..

Height wise it seems where the fitter deemed appropriate 🙈I used the black dots on the glass to keep it level, but it could go higher. I did even see a couple at the top of the window

I'm waiting on some nuts for the wipers, then it's off for wheel alignment and an MOT. 

I'm definitely NOT happy with the fitted windscreen, but need the car running to take it elsewhere for someone to practice on

8 minutes ago, Cressa said:

I'm waiting on some nuts for the wipers, then it's off for wheel alignment and an MOT. 

I'm definitely NOT happy with the fitted windscreen, but need the car running to take it elsewhere for someone to practice on

Thanks mate.

Great minds! I've just ordered some wiper nuts as they're letting the scuttle area down (I've replaced the screws either side). I'll be booking alignment for next week too, as tracking and camber are way off after all the work underneath. Nearest Hunter setup is 35 miles away in Exeter though! 🙄

Gutted for you about the screen. As uncomfortable as it might be, you're probably best watching them through the whole process to make sure it's done right this time! 

She is ready for the MOT sometime next week hopefully. Fingers crossed for that one

20200807_173022.jpg

20200807_173049.jpg

20200807_173014.jpg

20200807_173001.jpg

11 hours ago, seanl82 said:

I cant get my dealer sticker and cant find no trace of their emblem on google ,  but tempted to get one from another dealers ha ! 

Thanks gents. Here's hoping it will pass so I can drive it. 

Keyo, you did the miracle in getting a set of Recaro seats. Sorting the dealer sticker will be easy for you 

I meant to put this picture up earlier, of setting the washer jets ups. I did them as per the Bemtley manual, but swapped sides for our RHD system.  I hope that's right. 🤔

20200807_140125.jpg

57 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Thanks gents. Here's hoping it will pass so I can drive it. 

Keyo, you did the miracle in getting a set of Recaro seats. Sorting the dealer sticker will be easy for you 

Managed to find an advert and for vauxhall their branches  logo but not for their vag ones. By the time 95  came they had slightly changed their name. Registered  1977 - 2013 dissolved

grose.jpg

grose1.jpg

euro.jpg

grose2.jpg

Edited by Keyo

I love your seats Cressa - that's the only interior I'd buy for mine. Car is looking super too.

MOT Monday.... turns out it isnt. Washed and cleaned her b4 taking to her to a last minute MOT  booking and its tracking. The guy was great in looking after it. He wasnt happy with one of the wheel joints at the lower strut  so left it with them. NOOOOOOOO

Ontop of my daily Passat being in a garage for a gear change issue.... 

Mad day Monday instead 😩👊

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

MOT Monday.... turns out it isnt. Washed and cleaned her b4 taking to her to a last minute MOT  booking and its tracking. The guy was great in looking after it. He wasnt happy with one of the wheel joints at the lower strut  so left it with them. NOOOOOOOO

Ontop of my daily Passat being in a garage for a gear change issue.... 

Mad day Monday instead 😩👊

Unlucky Monday’s  are my forte mate. On the upside not a bad list of stuff for them to put right. Was it the passenger front that clipped the door step? New ones best before alignment anyway 

Maybe tomorrow will bring EPIC Tuesday 🤞

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Unlucky Monday’s  are my forte mate. On the upside not a bad list of stuff for them to put right. Was it the passenger front that clipped the door step? New ones best before alignment anyway 

Maybe tomorrow will bring EPIC Tuesday 🤞

I will take a 'tomorrow's Tuesday' and hope both cars are sorted.  Just dont like the thought og the Corrado parked outside the garage tomorrow after it is finished. It was like a bloody parking lot outside so I stayed guarding the car...

And I had to get a bus home 🤣🤣🤣

I was wrong,  it is MOT MONDAY ,yes yes yes yes yes.💥👍😇

The Garage rang to say it was loose nuts, tightened and now with an mot, first time in years.  I can't get her back until tomorrow morning though !! As the alignment isn't sorted. 

Damn, this is worse than a kids Christmas eve...

20200810_124329.jpg

Screenshot_20200810-173405_Samsung Internet.jpg

Omg!!! Congrats mate, what a turn around! Most have been an emotional roller coaster! The night is going to be loooooong! 

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

The Garage rang to say it was loose nuts, tightened and now with an mot, first time in years.  I can't get her back until tomorrow morning though !! As the alignment isn't sorted. 

20200810_124329.jpg

I feel emotional 

Congrats! I had knocking/tapping start during my MOT. Damn near soiled myself but turned out to be loose PAS pulley bolts. Doh. Always something forgotten after a rebuild. Thankfully, I'd double checked everything else as it's the last thing you want for something around the running gear to come away when you're giving it an Italian tune up! 👍

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

20200810_124329.jpg

Congratulations, it’ll be like Happy New Car Day all over again!

3 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Omg!!! Congrats mate, what a turn around! Most have been an emotional roller coaster! The night is going to be loooooong! 

😂😂The stress

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I feel emotional 

Ditto 🙈

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Congrats! I had knocking/tapping start during my MOT. Damn near soiled myself but turned out to be loose PAS pulley bolts. Doh. Always something forgotten after a rebuild. Thankfully, I'd double checked everything else as it's the last thing you want for something around the running gear to come away when you're giving it an Italian tune up! 👍

I had a lump in my throat when I was reading yours b4

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

Congratulations, it’ll be like Happy New Car Day all over again!

I hope so.

It did feel good to drive 😇

What a Corrado rollercoaster of two days.  Only a Corrado can cause so much grief. Waited all morning for the 'first thing' garage work, which meant we will start it when you turn up at half 12 being slightly pissed off with being messed around. 2 hrs later it still isn't sorted so we agree I take the car and only pay for the MOT.

What a day waster.

But with the car now taxed I get to take her out, fill her with fuel and have a drive. The good point of all of this was seeing that the rear spoiler does raise and lower whilst driving, something I could never try until now. And she is a joy to drive, Very well planted with the VW heavy steering.

Sounds beautiful on the standard exhaust too, even though there isn't much life left in it.

For now, everything seems to work fine and the aircon has been an expensive bonus but worth its weight in gold today.

I was considering yesterday, what do I do now that it is done? Get rid or get another? Is the reality of this in the garage too much of a spoilt luxury...... Then I think of all the little jobs that need doing, so I can justify to myself still tinkering with it

I need to get out and drive it

Thank you to everyone past and present on this forum that has helped me get to this point

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

What a Corrado rollercoaster of two days.  Only a Corrado can cause so much grief. Waited all morning for the 'first thing' garage work, which meant we will start it when you turn up at half 12 being slightly pissed off with being messed around. 2 hrs later it still isn't sorted so we agree I take the car and only pay for the MOT.

What a day waster.

But with the car now taxed I get to take her out, fill her with fuel and have a drive. The good point of all of this was seeing that the rear spoiler does raise and lower whilst driving, something I could never try until now. And she is a joy to drive, Very well planted with the VW heavy steering.

Sounds beautiful on the standard exhaust too, even though there isn't much life left in it.

For now, everything seems to work fine and the aircon has been an expensive bonus but worth its weight in gold today.

I was considering yesterday, what do I do now that it is done? Get rid or get another? Is the reality of this in the garage too much of a spoilt luxury...... Then I think of all the little jobs that need doing, so I can justify to myself still tinkering with it

Thank you to everyone past and present on this forum that has helped me get to this point

Well done to you mate for dragging it through this refurb while it was kicking and screaming, it’s why a lot of people give up. The next challenge is keeping it up there and make no mistake it is a challenge 

8 hours ago, Cressa said:

What a day waster.

So nice to read that! Very happy for you. It's true, that must feel kind of "weird" to have it completed, almost unreal. That was a really well executed project. I was looking at the pictures again, those seats are soooo nice! Drive it, enjoy it, well deserved. Cheers