Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

On 7/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, Cressa said:

I like them but do I make it look like a Grandads car? 😂😂 perhaps I should put the lowest covers on it and a 20v turbo engine in. 

Well... we are getting older after all. Think on the bright side, something less to do later on with it 😉😂

Yes, a big thank you to Shaun and easypops for having these two surplus parts. Cheers gents 👌

20200710_105801.jpg

Finally took the plunge in putting a coating on top of the paint work whilst it still looks good. I chose Gtechnic products . CSL and Evo4 and spent the day cleaning, degreasing, applying, wiping, buffing x2. Long day..   

The icing on the cake was fitting the Vw roof trims that were remade. I've had them since Heritage could get this part and as they are genuine, the fit was perfect.  Took 5 mins each side at a vast cost. And I fitted the side repeaters. Small steps but all in the right direction.  Day off tomorrow so I may fit the side mouldings and look what condition the outer door window seals are like... I feel I am putting off getting the windscreen fitted, hmmmm

20200712_142548.jpg

You now you have issues when you use a laser level to line up the rear VW badge and aerial, just so you can fit a repro dealer sticker in the middle of the glass20200713_145101.jpg

Received the replacement bonnet trumpet today from Heritage-classic, so managed to sort the bonnet mechanism. Which then allowed me to finally fit the headlights and the fully open 3 slat grille for maximum cooling. Rear Vr6 badge on and she is getting there. Also fitted the door seal to the drivers door which fortunately needed to be cut ( so I know the passenger one was right)

Fitted some Heritage headlight covers which I dont think you notice , then fitted a Heko wind deflector to the drivers door. I thought I liked them, but....it may not be staying on. I'll see if it grows on me

My to do list gets shorter, though I still need to source a decent alarm system.20200715_194445.jpg

20200715_195211.jpg

13 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Looking sharp now👍  That banana went back on better than I thought it would too. 

The passenger has a slight piece of rubber missing unfortunately,  but it is getting there.

5 hours ago, Rickyland said:

The car is awesome, the colors are very sharp after being rebuilt

Thanks 👍

On 7/13/2020 at 8:53 PM, Cressa said:

You now you have issues when you use a laser level to line up the rear VW badge and aerial, just so you can fit a repro dealer sticker in the middle of the glass20200713_145101.jpg

Great attention to detail there mate! 👌

Where did you get your dealer plates? I've seen the window sticker from DMB but not sure if they do plates as well. Something I'd like to get too. 👍

He did the plates for me too. He didn't have the logo, so between us we did some searching to find the correct one. . He then made them up from that. I was very happy with the result. 

I've even got the tax disc holder too !! But that wont be going on

Spot on, thanks mate. They have the Lockyear logo for the sticker listed so shouldn't be an issue producing the plates hopefully. I'll fire them a message and ask. I have the original tax disk holder surprisingly.

Finally got the two clips needed to keep this switch in position. Even better that a forum member is sorting out getting them remade.  Which is still cheaper than me having to buy 2 switches to make 1 good one !!

Today I mat even get the windscreen fitted on the girl. Watch this space..

20200727_074751.jpg

20200727_074818.jpg

20200727_074834.jpg

3 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Small wins. 😉😆

Always happy with the small win mate. Then in true Corrafo fashion my windscreen guy has just rang and cancelled....w###er🤬

All little wins lead to big ones overall mate. Gutting when you're at the mercy of someone else to complete work in order for you to progress, and they let you down like that though! 😠

Every cloud has a silver lining. Just collected the aircon pressure switch which I have been waiting for. Just need to find the time to fit it and get the bumper on now

20200727_165944.jpg

Great detail Cressa and coming along nicely. I had never thought about using a laser to line up the sticker but seems obvious now I've seen it. Where did you get your window switch clips from?

Unfortunately for me I had to buy 2 used switches, just for the clips.  I have been messaged by Dr_G60 on here who has arranged for them to be remade, stating a 5 week lead time . the cheapest but.... nothing is with a Corrado

Ahh cheers, no nothing Corrado parts wise is cheap! But good work on sourcing them though and at least you have a couple of spare switches!

Front end fursday 😆. Managed to get the front end on the car tonight. Happy with it. I did try some LED bulbs in the fogs but they were rubbish.

Here's hoping the windscreen Gods will come fit one for me soon.... patience!

20200730_210825.jpg

20200730_210453.jpg

20200730_210506.jpg

Edited by Cressa
Fogs not dogs !!

Looks good, not far now. Good luck on the windscreen. Im waiting for one to be fitted too!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What a progress, smells like the finish line is not too far! Super nice job.
At least you guys can still have a windscreen, just a mater of finding someone.
Here, I had to buy an wrecked Corrado and pay someone to remove it just to have a spare...
Cheers!