Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

21 hours ago, Cressa said:

Bad Corrado day. She is getting on my Tits now.......

Ordered a new o/s outer CV joint as my boot had split and just in case...... Got the driveshaft out of the hub easy enough,  but could not split the joint from the shaft.

Knocked it about a lot 

You tube

Forums 

Knocked it about more

Had to drop the sump to get it off the car... No way does it get past the subframe/wishbone bolt

Vice - knocked it around more

Even with a sledgehammer

Now this girl is playing hard ball, so I phoned j&r who do the driveshafts and the guy says.... No mate, ours aren't designed to come apart 😂🤬🤬🤬WTF, a whole day wasted and I had ordered just the outer joint. Which only fit an OE driveshaft 

AGHHHHHHH

Mate, did you noticed a kind of snap ring that's holding the outer cv. It's just like a ring, if you compress it with a small flat screwdriver, the cv will pop off. 

Sorry you had a bad day and good luck with it! 

This guy really helped me understand when I did mine. He talks about the clip I'm talking about 

That is good to watch. My original shaft was easy to take apart. The j&r one that I replaced it with clearly isnt designed to be taken apart, as I was knocking the hell out of it. 

I wish I had just got a cone and replaced the boot by pushing it over the joint. But i thought taking the joint off is easy and cheap enough !!! So today i had time away from the car, for my sanity

The new driveshaft was delivered today so I can it sort soon,  maybe 😊

Ya sometimes and the right thing to do, take a step back and let the frustration cool down, sometimes you get back at things a little rested and new ways to do it come up. 

Take it easy! 

5 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Ya sometimes and the right thing to do, take a step back and let the frustration cool down, sometimes you get back at things a little rested and new ways to do it come up. 

Take it easy! 

Good advice to any Corrado owner 😄 A beer in the evening whilst thinking about it sometimes helps

Thought i could put it all back together today,  seems not. I cant find the gasket now at the gearbox flange to the driveshaft. 🤪🤪

Can not find anyone that sells cork gasket. Just took a punt on VW and a part no. 8D0407309 for £7 but not in until Wednesday 

I have considered using sump gasket instead!! Hmmmm

Well I have put it back together, in the hope that I can just pop the gearbox end off to slip the gasket on later this week.

Fitted the new sump gasket and as per Bentley, I put some paste onto the block then fitted the new gasket up to this. Hopefully that will be a better seal. Nice to have the car back on the floor. 

And this time I went to the hub nut of 200N/m, backed it off a full turn, then 50N/m plus 45°.

Seems tight enough 💪

I would like to drive her to see how the Schrick is, but that just isnt happening. 

Hopefully in replacing the anti roll bar link that should be the occasional knocking sorted. 

Today would have been a good day to be out in a Corrado

Had the toad AI606T2 alarm fitted this week so back to a proper alarmed and immobilized vehicle. With working closure from it.

It's been a pain and maybe I wish I had saved the money and done it all myself.... we Corrado owners are very precious about our cars, so I have altered some wiring and made sure I put all of the trims back.

Just need to decide how to have the sensors fixed as I did not want a screw going in anywhere. Hmmm sticky tape time.

All I need now is my leg to be better so that I can get out and try it 🚘😁

41 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Had the toad AI606T2 alarm fitted this week so back to a proper alarmed and immobilized vehicle. With working closure from it.

It's been a pain and maybe I wish I had saved the money and done it all myself.... we Corrado owners are very precious about our cars, so I have altered some wiring and made sure I put all of the trims back.

Just need to decide how to have the sensors fixed as I did not want a screw going in anywhere. Hmmm sticky tape time.

All I need now is my leg to be better so that I can get out and try it 🚘😁

Just get a C shape clamp on the a pillar trim mate

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Just get a C shape clamp on the a pillar trim mate

Would have to be teeny tiny so I don't see it

Happy Schrick Corrado day. 😁😁

Finally got to take the car out and see how the Schrick is...And it does not disappoint. 

I have read lots of peoples reviews on their cars with a Schrick fitted which I totally agree with.

Yes the standard Vr6 is a great engine, especially when it hits 4k. But this power delivery low down is so smooth and effortless.  I struggled to get the car to higher revs as it isnt needed. I was happy with the engine before but this is something else. Quality.

Just to make sure that I am not making this up, i have booked in another power run so that i can compare a before and after  Doesn't seem much point in doing things if you aren't sure that they work correctly.

Having just changed the engine mounts has stopped the throw that I could feel before, or is it just that i am not needing to rev so high between gear changes. Which ever it certainly feels better inside the cabin.

Also, thanks to finding the split CV boot and fitting the new ARB drop link, I have No Knocking noise.  None..... In the year that she has been back on the road I had to put up with this occasionally bang. Now there is silence, I love it.

Good to hear you’ve been out in it at last and that all is well. 
Id be interested with the rollers as you haven’t had it mapped? or have you?

10 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Finally got to take the car out and see how the Schrick is...And it does not disappoint. 

I have read lots of peoples reviews on their cars with a Schrick fitted which I totally agree with.

Yes the standard Vr6 is a great engine, especially when it hits 4k. But this power delivery low down is so smooth and effortless.  I struggled to get the car to higher revs as it isnt needed. I was happy with the engine before but this is something else. Quality.

Just to make sure that I am not making this up, i have booked in another power run so that i can compare a before and after  Doesn't seem much point in doing things if you aren't sure that they work correctly.

Having just changed the engine mounts has stopped the throw that I could feel before, or is it just that i am not needing to rev so high between gear changes. Which ever it certainly feels better inside the cabin.

Also, thanks to finding the split CV boot and fitting the new ARB drop link, I have No Knocking noise.  None..... In the year that she has been back on the road I had to put up with this occasionally bang. Now there is silence, I love it.

If you’re not going to Rev it above 4 k you could have saved a grand and fitted a 2.8 mani for similar effect.

13 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Congrats mate they do make a difference its not just about the numbers its how it deliveries it that makes it a great bit of kit- . you will find with new stock mounts if you give it the beans you will still get engine movement. 

Edited by Keyo

42 minutes ago, Dox said:

If you’re not going to Rev it above 4 k you could have saved a grand and fitted a 2.8 mani for similar effect.

😊🤣🤣 I had a mk3, thsi is definitely better

50 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Good to hear you’ve been out in it at last and that all is well. 
Id be interested with the rollers as you haven’t had it mapped? or have you?

Never been mapped. Booked in for Thursday,  so I will post up then

44 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Congrats mate they do make a difference its not just about the numbers its how it deliveries it that makes it a great bit of kit- . you will find with new stock mounts if you give it the beans you will still get engine movement. 

Front one is a VT fast road and seems to do a good job of holding it better,  other 2 are standard. 

These are all very good news, very happy for you specially after the last week issues. Looking forward to seeing the numbers from your Thursday tests! Go enjoy! Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

😊🤣🤣 I had a mk3, thsi is definitely better

So did I, mine was late obd2, incomparable with a Corrado in every way. 

schrick is small volume 2.8 below 4K switching to large volume 2.9 above 4K - best of both worlds. Someone who just wants low revving drivability could just fit a 2.8 manifold with a map and save grand over a schrick 

Just now, ABV-VR6 said:

These are all very good news, very happy for you specially after the last week issues. Looking forward to seeing the numbers from your Thursday tests! Go enjoy! Cheers 

Ditto.

14 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Front one is a VT fast road and seems to do a good job of holding it better,  other 2 are standard. 

Thats the set up - regret taking off my front vibra.but wanted to see what is was like with all new mounts.  

I was racing my mate in his stock alpine VR rado - and he couldn't keep up nowhere near with the variable intake - his ottinger had 5k of engine work from new on sale of receipt form Scots of solane square so be interesting to give him bash in that one. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

I was racing my mate in his stock alpine VR rado - and he couldn't keep up nowhere near with the variable intake - his ottinger had 5k of engine work from new on sale of receipt form Scots of solane square so be interesting to give him bash in that one. 

Ha you have the cams and remap too I believe

40 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Ha you have the cams and remap too I believe

No cams mate just a true 2.9 bore and the vsr - 268 cams for a variable as you all ready have the low down - have heard they can run a bit lumpy with 268 though not sure to be honest.  Yes I have chip in the ecu - Vince has a Stealth off the shelf one and I would get him to fit it as he was telling me he finds some chips put in the ecu from other tuners in quite a crude manner that cuts something up - he found a a way to put them in none surgically. 

Edited by Keyo