No not from factory, should be an early bonnet for 1991 so must have been replaced in the past. May or may not be an issue depending on why it was replaced, without really looking at the car that's hard to judge. The bonnet is open in the pics that's why there's a large gap. I'm with you on the gear knob though, not my cup of tea but then two of my Corrados have had aftermarket gearknobs fitted (until I replaced them back to OE), doesn't really mean anything it's just like replacing the steering wheel and down to personal taste.

• Like 1

Why are we dissing this car so much - worse examples come up on eBay all the time? If someone wants it, they will pay what they are prepared to pay - you'd really have to look at it in person to get a good idea. Could make a really nice project for someone.

Methinks people are trying to talk down the value to get the seats cheaply - my advice to the seller is to sell the seats and matching interior parts separately after a giving them a good steam clean, and pop some standard cheap cloth from a breaker into the car.

I don't really see the big deal with the seats tbh, they are not that nice in that colour, and if it was me I would just be interested in the seats themselves and would have to get them recovered in grey leather.

What makes this car really attractive to someone in Ireland is that it is only 1 year away from classic motor tax of €56.00 per annum. Assuming the under body and chassis are worth saving and rust elsewhere is not too bad it could be a decent bet - but, as said above, you would have to see it.

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

I think its bad advice to sell the seats - that is probably the only reason the car will sell. 

The colour makes it sought after too

4 minutes ago, Keyo said:

To be fair its a marmite colour I personally like it on a Corrado - thing is it needs a complete spray job so best to budget from 5k-10k  for that unless you own a body shop- also a good few k for mechanics and drive train.  

Oh Keyo, all this extreme negativity, he didn’t want advise on a concourse show wining, body job cost estimate 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Oh Keyo, all this extreme negativity, he didn’t want advise on a concourse show wining, body job cost estimate 😂😂😂😂

Indeed. That's what sets this community apart from most others, you don't get looked down on for not having a near mint example. It's about appreciation of model and the pleasure of the drive. Enthusiasm for working on it really does help too! (Though it can wear thin sometimes!) Lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

So Sean as per title what would you value the car at on the basis you would have to bring it over to the Uk  and possibly have to go to Ireland first to view? 

I wouldn't be prepared to travel there based on my location tbh. North Wales or North West of England buyers may well be though. Ireland isn't exactly a small country either so there is potential. I don't know costs for registration in the UK or ferry costs, but either way it doesn't mean the car is scrap! As already mentioned, 2 - 2.5k would be my estimate. Bear in mind I bought my car for £1250, and had spent far more than it was worth restoring it (though probably even now with current prices). I never did it for the money though. I love the cars, and it's a hobby working on them. How much would I have spent over the past 9 years of ownership if I played golf on memberships, fees, new clubs etc!? (which incidentally don't appreciate in value).

Well I always wanted a nugget yellow G60. Overall it looks good for its age and has the early Recaro interior, so bonus. Service history,  even better.

I totally agree that its location does not help prospective buyers from overseas but I'm sure that could be negotiated within its price.

As with others that have gone for the buying a problem, to restore, it needs to be at a sensible price. My VR was £1500 and I look back thinking I was an idiot paying that for a car with no MOT. It has since had thousands spent on it and still not ready for the road.

Fortunately lots early cars are stil being broken so replacing a wing etc is easy.

Its a rare colour and has lots of positives but I think if it sold for a 1.5k-2k you would have been lucky. Just my opinion. Try it at a higher price, if no takers then lower the price over time 

Could you send it for a pre MOT to get a better understanding of what is needed to get this car up and running. I believe that would help a prospective buyer from elsewhere. 

Goodluck with your decision, but dont let it get broken. I hate to see another Corrado go to the graveyard

I thought early wings were still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Dox said:

I thought early wings were still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can still get the early left wing https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/kotflugel-corrado.html right seems to be obsolete . Just under 500 euro for one wing, more than a £70,000 R129 genuine merc wing . The Scirocco MK1 wing is only 70 euro off classics. 

Edited by Keyo