Purgatori

VR6 Dilema!

UPDATE: She lives! And Drives like the beauty she always was. I haven't risked trying the sun-roof, just in case... but other than the passenger window, everything else works! Although it turns out my stereo wiring is dodgier than Boris Johnsons' hair-do! Once I wired my stereo in, the battery was flat in a week, so I just unplugged it and currently drive with the sound of the engine for choons.

Attaching 2 pics from one of my most recent outings 🙂 

20210612_224139.jpg

20210612_224206.jpg

About bloomin time 🤣🤣

She looks great,

Stereo wiring is an easy one as normally it is a permanent and switched live that need swapping.🤔

Yeah I know... 😅 But she is back on the road and that's the main thing!

Thank you 😄 I obviously think so, but I am biased. 

I'm sure the stereo is an easy fix, for someone with some kind of technical knowledge. I'm afraid mine stops with basic maintenance and swapping air filters!! And if I'm honest, I'm psyching myself up for the hard business of selling her now. I've just got a few last little bits of trim to sort out and some valeting to do and then you'll probably see her listed on the For Sale pages. I'll be so sad to let her go, but it's time.

The wiring to the stereo will be ready to go, swap red and yellow wires, red goes to yellow and yellow goes to red.

both are live wires so you can’t do any harm, one is live from the ignition switch which draws a fair amount of current in use, the other is permanent live for station memory and draws a tiny current with the keys out and car locked

Thank you 😃

I'll have another look at it next weekend and see if I can get it sorted. But it's not the end of the world if the music I'm listening to is the sound of the engine 😉 

Good to see you have your car back.

Re stereo you probably have an aftermarket stereo so need to swap the yellow and red around to stop the drain, I think it was Dox above that said. I was working on mine the other day- here's pic of the loom and swapped wires.

Good Luck!

a5a31cc5afb6ae6df16c013ee77026ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk