Cressa

Engine mount time

I definitely have tooo much movement in my engine, so I am thinking of changing these.  

Front mount I intend on getting a vibratechnics road as I intend on fitting the Schrick one day

Gearbox I am looking a going for the mk2 golf diesel version. I have looked at lots of threads but cant find the part no., Does anyone know this. Not being idle, but when looking for this they also cross reference against a mk2 gti, so I dont know if what I am looking at is correct. Any help appreciated..

Rear engine mount !! Unsure what to fit.

Let me know your less movememt/ vibration set ups please

I think the GTI mount and the almost mythical "diesel mount" are the same thing, but others might be able to confirm.

In terms of performance mounts, I would stick with one for the front and go standard on the gearbox and rear - mainly for vibration transmission reasons. There's also absolutely nothing wrong with new OE mounts all round for a daily driver - I think most people change them out for something else because the originals are shot, and buy uprated ones because they are easy to source.

As above. I had VT fast road all round, but I've swapped the GB one back to standard due to cabin vibration and the fact I was getting paranoid about gearbox sounds!

I don't think the rear makes any difference in all honesty. The front is important but the rear just acts as a pivot due to the weight distribution over the gearbox mount. The additional vibrations offset any benefit imo though, so as long as they're in good shape I'd leave as is. 

I bow to to knowledge, so thanks gents. I am getting a knocking as I on and off with the accelerator.  Any particular OEM brand?

I will get the VT mount ordered 1st and see where to go from there 

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

I bow to to knowledge, so thanks gents. I am getting a knocking as I on and off with the accelerator.  Any particular OEM brand?

I will get the VT mount ordered 1st and see where to go from there 

Not telling you how to suck eggs, but have you made sure the bolts that hold the bumper on are still tight, as they hold the front mount bracket in position as well as other things

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Not telling you how to suck eggs, but have you made sure the bolts that hold the bumper on are still tight, as they hold the front mount bracket in position as well as other things

I will recheck, but I do normally swing on these things. 

Finally getting round to sorting this. I have removed the gearbox mount and ordered a Meyle standard one. So, that is the rear left sorted hopefully. 

Front I am either VT fast road or the JMR version, the latter hopefully. 

Rear right I am struggling with. I can not find a Meyle version of this for a VR6. I found a HD version but with a different ending letter in the part number  but says wont fit 🤬 

I don't want a Topran one, so what else is there

Wasting my life away. I think the part no. Is 1H0199262 K or D

This is a pain as i am sure I changed them all when doing the subframe, but the front definitely needs to be stronger

I’ve got vt front and back and a golf diesel gearbox mount. I think they are the race version Vince fitted though as I think he said the fast road weren’t up to much. Keyo may confirm as I think he had the same mounts but more recently 

26 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’ve got vt front and back and a golf diesel gearbox mount. I think they are the race version Vince fitted though as I think he said the fast road weren’t up to much. Keyo may confirm as I think he had the same mounts but more recently 

Mine doesn't need to handle the power that yours has 🙈

Pm Keyo he has your power and says his cars better with them fitted, but I can’t remember which ones he has and which ones one Vince doesn’t rate. 
it just says vt mount and a price on my invoice. 

Pumping oe mounts with tigerseal seems the hot potato with the mk4 boys on fb these days, not sure how that translates to Corrado though?

1 hour ago, Dox said:

Pumping oe mounts with tigerseal seems the hot potato with the mk4 boys on fb these days, not sure how that translates to Corrado though?

I'll leave that one with them 🤣🤣

Got the rear two off today so the engine is on jacks. Just need to replace them asap now. I looked through my receipts and had purchased new a few years ago and they look fine. But something vibrates too much inside, Ball ache of a job to do from above

I have VT on the front and stock mounts for the others - Vince recommended it for mine. 220hp at 5800 rpm / 211ft ibs torques at 4200 rpm

I don't remember any cabin vibration and very little engine movement as can be seen in the vid 

For the rear right (drivers side) it's really slim pickings unfortunately, as I found. It's Topran or... take you pick of Mapco, Metzger or Ruville. It's flip a coin really I think. I picked up the Ruville one in the end instead of Topran. Couldn't really find out much about any of them though.

The gearbox mount has a slightly better selection, again are mostly unknowns, but Meyle and Febi do one which at least is a bit more of a known entity.

Engine Mounting MEYLE 100 199 0027 ORIGINAL Quality, Left Rear, Rubber-Metal Mount — Buy now! (autodoc.co.uk)

Engine Mounting FEBI BILSTEIN 01109 Left Rear, Hydro Bearing — Buy now! (autodoc.co.uk)

Otherwise it's a who's who of no-mark brands again: JP, Ridex, Swag, Maxgear, AutoMega, Vaico, Metzger, Mapco, Stark

On 5/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Cressa said:

Shit that sounds amazing. 

Thanks for the info 👍😄

Haha thanks. Vince filmed that himself so you're seeing it through his artistic eyes - pretty good video i thought! 

Well I ended up with a Meyle gearbox end and a QH Quinton Hazell rear right. To be fair the QH seems quality. Just fitted them and there is less movement. Just need to get the front purchased. I did ring JMR today to see if he still had some of the uprated ones he used to supply, but unfortunately not. And not worth production unless doing a minimum of 10... so I will bite the bullet and get the vibratechnics one

20210513_162749.jpg

20210511_191018.jpg

Question. The rear right engine mount has a pronged tab on the top. I fitted this in the same direction as the one I took out, in towards the engine mount. 

It looked as though the tab fitted to the engine mount between a notch. And checking against Bentley that looks correct, but...

Is it???? As the one I took out had scratched the top of the mount bracket. Was this the reason i had a slight vibration in the cabin. Or will the same happen..

This is sending me mad, bloody car

20210517_150454.jpg

I haven’t fitted that one myself, but would have thought you are correct to locate the tab as described, I would have thought if it were tight you wouldn’t get any rubbing as there shouldn’t be any movement at that point it’s in between the two mounting surfaces that the movement should occur. 

Present turned up today. New VT front mount from C&R Enterprises Nottm and arrived next day, so highly recommended. VAG950M fast road mount so check out the picture as I was expecting it to be grey. Quality lump though

Unfortunately I cant fit it for a while as I have had a slight accident with a circular saw and my thigh 😫😫 guess which came off worse !! 21 stitches later.  

Atleast I can look at it on a shelf.

20210518_113932.jpg

20210518_113858.jpg

Anyone know the torque spec for these nuts? As there is nothing with this info.

Been searching but the amount of threads is blowing my mind and not found anything definite

Edited by Cressa
Nuts... not bolts

45 N/M 

Just had a reply from Vibra-Technics, this is their specs for the front mount. Hopefully may help someone else one day too

Or,

Have you done differently? Bentley state 60N/M top and 55N/M for a standard mount bolt.