Stone0311

Body Cut for fuel tank neck support

Looking for a body cut for the support that holds the filler neck inside the rear arch if there are any shells out there from a breaker or doner. Thx

IMG_20201228_080559.jpg

You can buy them new. I had a couple saved in my eBay watch list a few months back but didn't need it in the end. There was one listed for Corrado (quite expensive) or one listed for MK2 or MK3 Golf iirc which was much cheaper and appeared exactly the same, though it was a pattern part I think.

Edited by seanl82

If you needed more from that area there is a chap on the facebook group (Martin Higgins - Buckinghamshire area) selling a decent entire 3/4 on the drivers side for £200

3 hours ago, MJA said:

If you needed more from that area there is a chap on the facebook group (Martin Higgins - Buckinghamshire area) selling a decent entire 3/4 on the drivers side for £200

He also has a bargainous set of black painted Speedline centres for £120 if you're quick

3 minutes ago, Dox said:

He also has a bargainous set of black painted Speedline centres for £120 if you're quick

yeaks can buy a set with caps for 150 - they are getting like the sebrings caps- worth as much as the alloys !!!! 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:25 AM, MJA said:

This is not the famous badboyhiggins with his 'bargains' is it?

21 minutes ago, fla said:

This is not the famous badboyhiggins with his 'bargains' is it?

I heard he got banned from the forum,is that true ?

35 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

I heard he got banned from the forum,is that true ?

Banned from the classifieds and pms for refusing to pay a contribution to the running costs as he was a “breaker”. Placed wanted ads for sought after items stating “ No inflated prices”. He did honour all of his sales even after the ban.

At the time subs for a breaker was £20 per year, so not a huge fee, most paid up even if they only broke their own car before leaving the community.

He is still a member here, rarely if ever posts

I didn't think £200 was too bad of a good 3/4 tbf. However he did offer me a passenger side cut for the lower rear arch/sill at £90 and it was rustier than the one on the 16v I wanted to replace! 

He's given me quotes for a few things at ridiculous prices. Wanted £100 for a throttle cable. Told him they could be bought new for £65 from a Latvian  eBay seller and he was trying to have my pants down, and he just said fine, get that then. I ended up buying one and a front splitter bracket from Corrado graveyard for £50 posted and he was great. Higgins fella is a whopper though.