So I put up a post asking for the drivers door exterior protective trim/ part no.

Then received a PM off someone that has Zero posts on here, asking for me to contact on their gmail .......

Alarm bells start ringing !!!!

So I thought let's play along. And for €220 they know someone who can supply me one 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

What do you all think?

yes i received one of those when i posted up a wanted ad for two rims - his friend apparently 'had some lying around'...yeah right

cant remember the name but did a search and its quitea well known scammer.

PM me the user name and we'll ban the account. Thanks

Never trust anyone on a forum that is not willing to do business in public.

Oh dear this does not sound good - surely this needs to be sorted so only a paid member can send email for starters. 

Did username have a dale in it - been scamming loads on FB. 

Edited by Keyo

Not sure - will take a look. You can report a PM to bring it to the attention of the mods. It seems you have the ability to message once you have an account, should really be restricted to paid subscribers - Toby would need to look into this as admin.

Just now, fendervg said:

Not sure - will take a look. You can report a PM to bring it to the attention of the mods. It seems you have the ability to message once you have an account, should really be restricted to paid subscribers - Toby would need to look into this as admin.

I would say so otherwise someone going to get ripped off. 

He’s the type of guy who deserves a worm or Trojan sending to him and his devices. 

Yeah, probably best to ignore anyone who knows a friend who has what you’re after and contacts you directly, unsolicited - that kind of thing stinks a mile high.

Problem is we are often desperate enough for rare parts that we’re willing to take it at face value. The up side is that the trusted guys on here will often help you out for next to nothing or just postage.

This is why deals should be done in plain sight on the forum, then go to PMs for payment and addresses etc

• Like 1