mkinlay

WANTED: Right side electric window regulator assembly inc motor

Can anyone help me source a new or vgc window regulator incl motor?

The only new one I can find is from a US supplier who wont ship to UK, I cant get hold of a German supplier (no response to 3 emails) and there are no 2nd hand ones around at the moment.

Thanks for any help or advice 

Is the motor 100% dead? Its a simple job to test, only 2 connections at the motor, simply reversing the connections makes the motor change direction.

Check / grease the window rollers whilst you're there and seal the door apperture plastic membrane afterward to prevent water ingress.

I am not mechanical, few tools and also do not have an off-road space for the car so am reliant on what my (dependable) mechanic told me - he said he tested the motor and it wasnt working, hence me looking for a new/vgc used one...

I believe the window regulator is still available new via Volkswagen Classic Parts. It should be possible to to order through Heritage Parts Centre or via LLLParts. Keyo just ordered some parts from LLL and rated the service compared to heritage.

I’m considering buying a new one myself due to the time / hassle involved in replacement just to find that a second hand part has a weak motor and although it works off the car it stalls in use.

Edited by Corroda

Thanks, Corroda - ordered a brand new one from VW Classic Parts - 217€ delivered plus £42.37 VAT and £11.50 customs clearance (UPS)

Edited by mkinlay

The regulator is riveted in place and the instructions for removal are in the Robert Bentley manual. The motor itself has 3 rubber mounts which screw onto the motor on one end, but are riveted to the door frame on the other end. I think it’s a case of drilling out the rivets and then installing new rivets, but I may be wrong. It’s worth double checking that this is correct just in case you have to order the rubber mounts separately.

2298BCAC-E9DF-47AD-A3E1-15AC3DA03BA1.jpeg

7ACF0CF6-2125-4CF4-A45D-C40DED3B9A39.jpeg

Edited by Corroda

I’ve just looked at the part drawing and it looks like the new regulator is supplied with the rubber mounts.

A06B5F81-8254-4519-868E-FBBA502A6334.jpeg

Don't necessarily trust the drawing - the rubber mount (2A in the drawing I think) might be available separately if it is listed with it's own part#. I wasn't aware that RHD window mechs were available again, last I heard they were long NLA, and only the passenger side was available at around €200.

I tried drilling out one of the rivets last night, and it just slipped inside the rubber mount. I will persevere with trying to remove it, but even if I can’t get it out there is plenty of clearance to leave it in place and fit a new rivet. So I wouldn’t worry if the rubber mounts don’t come with the new regulator as you should be able to reuse the old ones.

So it arrived today via UPS - box pretty damaged but part seems fine...

And per fendervg, *no* rubber mounts - so will be using shaun's link to order some new ones to mount it, once and for all, I hope!

PXL_20210909_130437796.jpg

PXL_20210909_130440399.jpg

PXL_20210909_130444171.jpg

certainly doesn't look like the electric one, unless there's a housing and some fitment bracket for the motor..