Tigerfish

Indicator Relay

Quick question for the extremely knowledgable folk out there, is there anything special about the indicator/hazard light flasher relay in the Corrado? Mine has just gone intermittent, flashing once or twice and then stopping, and them will go completely awol got 20 minutes and them do the odd flash again. Going to call VW in the morning, but on the off chance they don’t carry stock for such a standard item, I was going to swing by Halfords instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t think it’s special other than has 21 stamped on it by VW, unless you want to use LEDs then you need a special one. VW should have them in

Don’t think it’s special other than has 21 stamped on it by VW, unless you want to use LEDs then you need a special one. VW should have them in

Thanks mate.

Called VW, not in stock and part is listed as no longer available. Said VW Heritage do them. Seems odd that something as simple as that isn’t used on loads of cars.

I’ll give Halfords a go.

Its probably been revised, the parts guy can’t be arsed to look up for the revised part number. I had the same issue with Audi a few weeks ago for a TT CV boot, it’s the same as MK5 golf apparently 

I’ll bet Keyo will find the new part number with ease

Its probably been revised, the parts guy can’t be arsed to look up for the revised part number. I had the same issue with Audi a few weeks ago for a TT CV boot, it’s the same as MK5 golf apparently 

I’ll bet Keyo will find the new part number with ease

Yeah, that’s quite probable re the revised part number.

Got one from GSF which should be in at 12, Halfords had naff all other than bog standard relays.

Just google the part number on ebay loads of Bosch and hella options . I have change all mine and put on white number decals on them for id like factory . 

Edited by Keyo

Just google the part number on ebay loads of Bosch and hella options . I have change all mine and put on white number decals on them for id like factory . 

Yeah, there doesn’t look to be owt special with them for sure. I just needed one today as I want to take her for a run to the coast this afternoon while the weather is good. Otherwise I’d have been on eBay. I’ll probably do a google for all the relays to keep a spare in the cupboard so I don’t end up in a rush next time

8 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Yeah, there doesn’t look to be owt special with them for sure. I just needed one today as I want to take her for a run to the coast this afternoon while the weather is good. Otherwise I’d have been on eBay. I’ll probably do a google for all the relays to keep a spare in the cupboard so I don’t end up in a rush next time emoji2.png

Will be at gsf very common part mate throughout vag 

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Shaun?  This looks interesting.  Instead of using a load resistor on the rears with Leds, it would be great if it were automatically managed by the relay.  Any info on which one to get?  And does it work if only one set of indicators are LED or will they all need to be swopped?  Or if only the fronts and rears are swopped?

Thanks. Hasan

Edited by fla

33 minutes ago, fla said:

Shaun?  This looks interesting.  Instead of using a load resistor on the rears with Leds, it would be great if it were automatically managed by the relay.  Any info on which one to get?  And does it work if only one set of indicators are LED or will they all need to be swopped?  Or if only the fronts and rears are swopped?

Thanks. Hasan

got the relay off of EBay mate, says it’s an electronic one. I swapped my front and rears to LEDs and left the side repeaters as were. Front and rear alot brighter than before and seems to flash at the same speed. Probably works no matter what bulb or maybe even if 1 or 2 go out it stays the same I’ll have to check it out. Cost £20 for 4 bulbs and relay. Plug and play bargain  

Last post one my thread. 
https://the-corrado.net/topic/86361-my-money-pit/page/8/

While on the subject of indicator relays, I wondered if I was getting forgetful as mine has been silent this year and I’m convinced it used to click when indicating before. Is it just my age or do everyone else’s click? I’ll find a replacement if so!

It should click, also indicators should work if it is slightly held down. I’m not sure if the click comes from the relay or the dash cluster.

I retrofitted comfort indicators with a new relay, so you get three or four blinks after pushing the stalk and letting go.

14 minutes ago, fendervg said:

It should click, also indicators should work if it is slightly held down. I’m not sure if the click comes from the relay or the dash cluster.

I retrofitted comfort indicators with a new relay, so you get three or four blinks after pushing the stalk and letting go.

I’ll have to dig through my spares and find a clicky relay then, car has been SORNed as I’m working away through the weeks now but it’s added to the list of winter jobs 👍

8 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

got the relay off of EBay mate, says it’s an electronic one. I swapped my front and rears to LEDs and left the side repeaters as were. Front and rear alot brighter than before and seems to flash at the same speed. Probably works no matter what bulb or maybe even if 1 or 2 go out it stays the same I’ll have to check it out. Cost £20 for 4 bulbs and relay. Plug and play bargain  

Last post one my thread. 
https://the-corrado.net/topic/86361-my-money-pit/page/8/

ah yes. perfect. Thanks