Cressa

How long have you had, what you need to fit?

Today got me thinking.  I paid daft money (£30) for a square piece of plastic to fit over some relays. I had it 6 weeks b4 I fitted it. It took less than 30 seconds to fit 🤣🤣🤣😜 why did it take sooo long

So, tell us your crazy story....what is it....how much was it....... how long have you had it...... fitted or not fitted..... why/why Not....

Cmon people 😁

When I bought the Bilstein B12s back in 2014, I had to get the correct spring cups and a full set of top mounts etc.... I deployed in April 15 and hadn't got round to fitting them by then. As I didn't get back til December anyway, I think I finally fitted them in February 2016 - approx 18 months after buying them! As it turned out, they had the incorrect rear springs. After getting the replacements via Demon Tweeks (great service considering time between buying), I SORNd the car until July 20, when I finally put the correct springs on and put the car back on the road!

9 hours ago, Stone0311 said:

Bought my Compomotive MOs in 2008, not yet done a mile in anger... same with alot of my build actually emoji849.png

Sent using Tapatalk

I bought ABT a23s in 2001, the only time they've turned is on the balancing machine.

Weitec coiloivers

P and i springs

Bilstein front, Koni rear

Schrick

3L pistons

4mo alloy sump

MK3 16v gearbox for the diff. 02J tower, Polo shifter

17 BBS, 16 Compo THs, 16 BBS RS771, 16 OZ Crono, 16 Scooby fit??, Solitudes

3 DAB radios, still in their boxes, sub box and amp - there's never even been a radio in the car - I like the engine noise

288s, 312s

And more.............

The car has never been anything other than stock....

Edited by Dox

🤣🤣 both beat me. Although the wheels reminded me that I have had some BBS split rims for nearly 2 yrs too.... 

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

🙈 great list Dox 🤣

Tip of the iceberg

spare 2.9 tall block, 2 cylinder heads, engine block (to make a coffee table)

5 late wings, a pair of rear archs, rear panel, complete rolling storm shell (going this year)

Then there's loads of MK4 stuff, 1.9 PD engine and box, 1.4 TDi engine, turbos, axle, brakes, suspension...........

New drivers rear quarter panel 3 or 4 years ago bargain compared to Herritage or classics, don’t need it now but what if, I can’t get it in the loft it won’t fit, so it lives in my office 😖. 10 years ownership of new fog lights, indicators and side strips and a spare roof strip set. 5 years of non turbo stuff in the loft in case I go oem, 11” spall  fan set up, oem fans and new shroud with hella radiator, switches, fixings little bits of plastic in a box worth a fortune.  It goes on, but if you own a carrado you want quick fixes not moths of searching and over pricing so I buy when I think it’s a reasonable price that I can get my money back, it’s not a profit thing, I wish it was. 

11 hours ago, Dox said:

Tip of the iceberg

spare 2.9 tall block, 2 cylinder heads, engine block (to make a coffee table)

5 late wings, a pair of rear archs, rear panel, complete rolling storm shell (going this year)

Then there's loads of MK4 stuff, 1.9 PD engine and box, 1.4 TDi engine, turbos, axle, brakes, suspension...........

The abt alloys they would fight over them in classifieds. . 

The way parts are now, not as much as I’d like. I really should have had better foresight and hoarded more. Hey ho 😞.

90mm spoiler - 10 years

Battery cover - 12 years

Bonnet foam - 12 years

Various bolts / nic naks from Germany.

Bought some door striker pins last week for the 8v. Found a set in the boot of the VR 🙄. Along with door to jamb foams, bonnet pin / slam panel plastic shrouds and other forgotten about trinkets.

20 hours ago, James. said:

The way parts are now, not as much as I’d like. I really should have had better foresight and hoarded more. Hey ho 😞.

90mm spoiler - 10 years

Battery cover - 12 years

Bonnet foam - 12 years

Various bolts / nic naks from Germany.

Bought some door striker pins last week for the 8v. Found a set in the boot of the VR 🙄. Along with door to jamb foams, bonnet pin / slam panel plastic shrouds and other forgotten about trinkets.

Haha, I've done this a few times! Bought new parts then discovered I actually previously bought them and forgotten about it! 😣

Haha, I've done this a few times! Bought new parts then discovered I actually previously bought them and forgotten about it!

Glad I'm not the only one who does this, have spent ages searching for a stray part and bought it; then found it tucked in the ashtray or similar

Sent using Tapatalk

Maybe the new mouse invasion will give everyone a bit of encouragement to fit  before they get chewed up. 

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Maybe the new mouse invasion will give everyone a bit of encouragement to fit  before they get chewed up. 

I swear down when I saw what it had done to all the other items in the roof space, I felt sick thinking about the leather interior I have sat up there 😞. Alright, it’s in a well used condition, but so far all seems ok 🙂.