tonedef

Sub 4K miles VR6

Definitely a rare one that needs driving. Nice Recaro's in grey, that you don't see everyday. 

If only I had the money.... and space 😂

It was parked outside for years by the second owner. You’re paying for the mileage. Wear on the bolster isn’t a good sign. 
I think it needs to be avoided for the money 

53 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Wear on the bolster isn’t a good sign. 

Certainly points to lots of small journeys. Wear is similar to mine, but 155k between them 😳.

I think auction is where it’s at for this though. General sale is nothing short of a gruel at best, and auctions seem to be bringing the highest results at the moment. 

I’d like to see underneath though.

The car has been for sale for much of this year. It seems light on underside photos, unusual for that selling format, which presumably means one thing - its not the clean car it should be with such low mileage.

There isn't any paperwork to support the mileage pre 2007 and records available since 2007 are few and far between.

I am sure it will sell but buyer should buy on condition Inc history trail rather than what is recorded on the odometer without the paper trial to support. The condition doesn't reflect 4000 miles to me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

for me this rings many alarm bells

firstly a low miler such as this will need a lot of work due to lack of use - all bushes, running gear, likely calipers all round, all fluids & filters changing - super low miles is not always a good thing as we all know these cars dont like to be stood standing for long periods

the bolster wear doesnt support the mileage

even just from the exhaust pic it looks seriously unloved underside 

to me it also looks like they have cleaned (badly) mould off the dash etc before taking the photos

all looks a bit crusty in the engine bay too & youd have thought the battery jacket would have remained if so little use

it could definitely become a decent vehicle but IMO would require a large investment to get back to the concours level the mileage deserves

4k miles but lived in a bush for 25 years with squirrels and robins shitting on it- be my guest and give me your 24 k big ones. 

Pictures do not show the bush ot was in - the seller says left outside for two years- pure rubbish. 

Seems to me a rescue cpmpany has got the car off the drive and new selling it - most likley clocked and say for 15 years outside. 

Edited by Keyo

18 hours ago, Keyo said:

No description available.

wow that is worse that id have imagined - just think what the underside would be like if it is that bad under the bonnet

2007 until 2016 it looks like it wasnt MOT'd and thereafter it failed on a corroded brake pipe and windscreen damage.  Definitely one to look at with caution - unfortunately a lot of people look at low mileage as the key factor, a point well known by traders...

currently at £11k with 6 hours to go

just spotted that despite the advert saying a new sunroof motor is needed the sunroof is on tilt in the pics - have they done that by the manual winder i wonder

4 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

currently at £11k with 6 hours to go

just spotted that despite the advert saying a new sunroof motor is needed the sunroof is on tilt in the pics - have they done that by the manual winder i wonder

And vendor says it will need a timing belt!! The vendor really knows a vr6

53 minutes ago, ger040 said:

And vendor says it will need a timing belt!! The vendor really knows a vr6

🤣🤣😂

sold for 14.5k

i hope the buyer has a big wallet BUT a positive sign for the rest of us with well maintained & looked after versions

Wow....deep pockets needed by the owner, if they ever want to see it on the road £££££££££££

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Wow....deep pockets needed by the owner, if they ever want to see it on the road £££££££££££

i guess that if the mileage is absolutely genuine then with a decent chunk of investment it could be turned into a cracking ultra low miler 

however, for me, that chunk would be a near nut & bolt restoration to achieve the quality required for a top line premium - by which point i doubt there would be any profit in it at all

The whole point of a low miler is a time warp condition - smell like it just rolled out the factory- this car is a rotten egg- not original and most likely clocked .

So just to add a bit to this one. We sold our big car to a dealer earlier this month (we've gone for camper life!). When they came to collect they saw the vr on the drive and told me how they had sold a corrado with 4k miles on it last year.

From what they said (not sure how much of this is hyperbole), the first owner was a business woman and got into trouble with money and ended up being murdered about 20 years ago. The house and car were left untouched for years, with the car on the drive, before it was recovered and sold on.

I've just come across this thread, so I'm pretty sure it's the same car...

But he also said it was sold for £24k (which it wasn't) so read into it what you will!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Well it certainly looked like it sat outside for 20 years. Im sure the new owner is setting out on their resto as we type...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk