_Matt_

Thank you and Goodbye (as a Corrado owner)

Hi all,

Thanks for the support and kind words over the years with Corrados. As some will know it was time for me to move on and I drove my Corrado up to Classix auction group last Saturday.

I had expected to wait ages to sell as that seems to be the way with Corrados but the car sold today to the first viewer for a price I was happy with and a lot more than I would have been able to do alone as I am a crap sales person!

The process with Classix was excellent. Noel is an enthusiast himself and has a wealth of experience selling classic cars. They sold a Storm recently which is where I first came across them. They do send the cars to auction but also offer them up for sale before hand and that was how mine was sold. If you're anything like me where you don't want to sell yourself or deal with test drives and worry of what might happen with test pilots then give Classix a go.

I will miss the car as I had poured alot of my life and soul into making it as good as I possibly could. It does drive like a new car and the subtle mods Vince recommended at Stealth (263s, miltek, H&Rs) made it even better. I rarely used the thing as was worried about damaging it and as my kids head towards secondary school age I find I have even less time to do anything with cars.

Cheers

Matt32afa57735a9d46576c3f3b3ceb26374.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using Tapatalk

Glad you had a painless sale Matt, I've certainly benefitted from your input like many others, and hope you stick around.  

Plans for new wheels?

Cheers Fla and I enjoy helping anyone where I can so will stick around :)

I'm going to let the dust settle on cars. I accumulated the mk2 and mk3 16vs plus 2 daily cars. I think I'd like to start afresh and keep 1 old vw, probably the mk2. I did sell that on ebay but the guy I assume was trying to sell his own car or something as he never came to pick it up. I paid his deposit back and I'm still getting messages through other ebay listings and text messages from people who notice the v5 hasn't changed hands and wonder if it is still for sale.

The nice things about the mk2 is its all original paint and its a nice metallic colour. It seems to have a strong market too. The arches have been rolled and cut so I need to get them repaired plus a scab on the scuttle but as the car is original paint I won't get it repainted and will live with the odd imperfection (i dont want to make something so perfect i wont use it). I also have all the trims etc but not the original engine. Its a 16v with kjet but the block is a 2.0.

Mk3 I'll probably sell, that's equally as good as the corrado was with everything refreshed.

I've been looking at mk7 clubsports as a daily / enthusiast car. I need something I can get the kids in and also balancing out life where I'm not having to work on cars every day.

Pmd ya on fb :)
Good PH thread nice ideas. I've got to sell a load of stuff now, not as much as you but a task in itself.

Congrats with what seemed a painless sale and good luck with what ever car you decide on. 
my 2 pence is the grass isn’t always greener on the other side ( cheaper or less hassle) but if you have lost the love I suppose that’s that. Happened with a couple of cars I’ve had in the past, just wish I had storage at a later point on reflection. But hey ho time waits for no man, move on. 

Cheers Shaun. It was very easy in the end - I had psyced myself up for months of waiting as that seems to be the way with what you see on ebay etc. Classix don't even advertise in those places so I was a bit aprehensive that a buyer might not even find the car. I'm keeping my mk2 now so still have that to keep me ticking over. The Corrado doubt set in after Silverstone last year - I was showing the Corrado on the club stand but there was an oak green mk2 16v in the general paddock area and it just stood out to me more than any other car there. 

I think what I need to do is just get something else newer and have 1 old VW to keep the balance overall. It wasn't fun at times to have 3 old cars that I was working on and unable to achieve the results I wanted for all of them becuase of time and money.  

I do hanker for a mk4 R32 but it would need to be done - chains, great history and body, c70-80ish and something I can i just service and use. I work from home and have no need for a daily car (have the family car for that and a small run around for parking in places like stations/tesco) and feel it is possibly my last chance to have a big 6 cyl engine in a small car as a semi daily car that I can be enthusiastic over too. I definitely don't want a project where i have to do body, paint, close to 5 figure bills for for refresh work at Stealth etc. Otherwise it's probably going to be a Golf GTI clubsport / performance pack but 4cyl turbo is where I will likely end up after a R32 so feels that feels like it is now or never and doubt i'd loose money on it if i buy right in the first place. 

Oh mate, I just read that... I'm surprised but totally understand the situation. Even me sometimes I surprise myself thinking of selling mine for somewhat the same reasons. Your car was my first love on this forum! 

Take care of yourself 

Didn't last long - bought another one. Twilight Violet VR6. It's a project but came with a lot of parts that made it difficult to say no to. Also sold my mk3 16v and mk2 16v this week and now down to 1 old car which is where I plan to stay. Will do a members ride thread to document progress. 

I drove a mk2 16v 2 weeks ago and was a bit underwhelmed and it felt more archaic than I really wanted (cable clutch, driving postition not particularly sporty like a corrado). Long story short I didn't feel a mk2 16v was "good enough" to be my only old weekend hobby car.  I did look at other cars but not alot fitted my requirements - 4 useable seats, manual, 6 cylinders, not a generic hatchback. Yeah Corroads have their headache with parts but nothing is perfect in life.

2 hours ago, _Matt_ said:

Didn't last long - bought another one. Twilight Violet VR6. It's a project but came with a lot of parts that made it difficult to say no to. Also sold my mk3 16v and mk2 16v this week and now down to 1 old car which is where I plan to stay. Will do a members ride thread to document progress. 

I drove a mk2 16v 2 weeks ago and was a bit underwhelmed and it felt more archaic than I really wanted (cable clutch, driving postition not particularly sporty like a corrado). Long story short I didn't feel a mk2 16v was "good enough" to be my only old weekend hobby car.  I did look at other cars but not alot fitted my requirements - 4 useable seats, manual, 6 cylinders, not a generic hatchback. Yeah Corroads have their headache with parts but nothing is perfect in life.

That’s got to be a new record for goodbye and hello again, 54 days!!!

Welcome back!

Thanks! 

haha yes it didn't take long. I missed it when it was gone and the other two cars I had just didn't seem as special on their own. Plus this one was a good price considering what it is spec'd and came with: almost everything I ever wanted aside from a Schrick!