timatsorted

rear wiper removal...

I'd really like to do this 'quick and easy' mod myself and I checked out g60bv's post of 6/6/04 with pics on how to do it. He makes it sound so easy! Trouble is I'm soooo not a mechanic and i don't really know where to start! I'm assuming you can't do the job from the outside? (I can't see anything to unscrew!) The pics look like you need to take the panel off inside the tailgate and work from the inside? Any top tips anyone can give me, ideally a step-by-step-guide in layman's language (you really are dealing with a total beginner here!)

Any amount of advice welcomed, big time!

Cheers

1: Remove interior plastic panel. Turn the twist-lock screws through 90 degrees and the whole panel will drop down.

2: Detach and plug water feed hose.

3: Disconnect motor wiring plug and tie wrap out of harm's way.

4: Remove wiper arm by flipping up the plastic cover. A large spanner or adjustable is required to remove the large nut.

5: Undo the 2 10mm bolts securing the rear of the motor bracket to the tailgate.

6: IIRC there is another 10mm bolt to remove but you'll see it.

7: Now the fiddly bit. Push the exterior spindle/washer jet assembly through the tailgate hole.

8: The motor assembly is now loose inside the tailgate. You now need to negotiate it out by twisting and turning it at the right angle until free. It's fiddly but it will drop down and out when you get the angle right.

9: Put the 2 10mm bolts back to prevent rattles.

10: Get an suitable size grommet to plug the tailgate hole. 13mm is about right.

K

He has a spider man Schrick (costume ;)) and he still isn't recognised! :lol:

Theres another post for this too-the hardest bit was trying to maneuvour the motor out without damaging the workings of the rear wiper.Great mod todo though,cleans the back end up loads.

Cheers Fraser

The scarey thing is that's from memory :roll:

I'm 99% sure it's all covered. You'll see what needs doing but the real bastard bit is getting the motor out. I guarantee you will swear at it a few times :mrgreen:

FOLLOWED CHEESEWIRES :confused4: :help: INSTRUCTIONS + PIECE OF PISS :cheers: DONE IN LESS THAN 10 min FILLED HOLE WITH 40p GROMMET. THANKS!!!! :notworthy: :wave:

just did it, it only took ten mins but what a difference

:clap:

I got so many things I wanna do, I cant decide what to do next..if you were talking to me

Anyone got any pics of their new smoothed rear end :grin:

Is this what your after? Such an easy mod and looks so much better!

DSCF9484-1.jpg

theres one above?

oops i really should read through threads before posting sorry. i love it im gonna do it. where did you guys get the bungs/blanking plugs from?