As the proposer for this event I felt it my duty to write up a brief summary of today's event - along with some photos:
CORRADO MEET @ KRISPY KREME - NEW MALDEN
Today was probably one of the wettest days of the year. For many it was a day of being curled up in front of the sofa watching TV. For a group of about 10 men (and a few kids), however, their time was spent drinking coffee, eating doughnuts, and standing outside in the pouring rain huddled around Corrado engine bays. The weather was dire. There was one 5 minute break in the rain - after which it started again extra hard to make up for it. Despite this the turn out, and spirits, were high and everyone was in good form. People had travelled from different places. Longest journey was about 2 hours, and the shortest a 5 minute walk - which was by my dad who came down to check out cars.
Personal highlights I remember were:
- Discussion on why VR6 Autos are the best (Courtesy of Stone)
- Group therapy by sharing Corrado electrical issues
- Bit of chat on sunroofs
- Hearing plans of a VW Polo + VR6 engine project
- Watching the reaction of the guy doing a survey for KK customers when he heard how far some had travelled to buy a doughnut!
- Getting a greeting from the store manager who did leave me her details and offered to support us if we wanted a follow up meet [i'll definitely follow up on this one]
- Some wiper chat - me realising the 'Lupo GTi' mod is very old and I need to catch up on things!
- Going back in to buy coffee #2 to help defrost from being outside in the rain and wind for an hour
- Watching a load of guys brave the elements through just passion and enjoyment of Corrados!
- Nice little drive up the A3 with a couple of other owners before going home
Really nice to meet you guys - and I was very impressed by how many turned up, some driving for hours to be there, despite the worst of the weather.
Ironically, of course, right now there is bright sunshine here and blue clouds, just a few hours after the meet! There will be another one - so watch this space.
PS - I have full resolution versions of the photos - so if any of you want some better quality versions of any of the pics gimme a PM and i'll send them over