Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

BOY RACERS!

Just had to lose a bunch of chavs in a mk4 golf 8) , I only had enough space to get up to 120 and was going to pull over but to be fair to them, they were almost staying with me. If they backed off a bit I would of said hello and let them pass but thought I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

I think it must of been a gti, if it was a v64motion I thought they probably would of been able to pass me?

I guess this is a problem with owning a corrado, all the boy racers wan to test what they got against a legend! :D

Can't see a 4motion passing you that easily, if at all.

The only place a 4motion would get a VR would be off the line where the 4wd would be an advantage.

I nearly had the same with a Nova the other week, VR struggled to stay ahead until I realised that my floor mat had rolled up under accelerator pedal :oops:

VR6 whips a V6 4motion with no bother at all - I know as I have done it...

The only Golf that is a match for the Corrado VR6 is the R32... and even then it would be close...

Had a similar event the other night, picked my brother up from town. Looked in my rear view and spotted an FTO with blue lit washer heads. Kept on my rear revving at the junctions, and speeding up my rear end. I wasn't playing, it gave up after a while and went back towards town at a roundabout.

i am ashamed to admit it but my valver used to get taken by a mk4 gt td nearly every night, it was chipped :oops:

if it was a 130 or 150bhp TD then thats nothing to be ashamed off........they are absolute torque-monsters :twisted:

Hi ya Samm cvr6 where bouts was this then coz i'm from Orpington as well! What colour corrado have u got coz i might have seen it about.

You'r right, i think it was a mildly modded 1.8t, couldn't hear a s/s exhaust and the exterior wasn't done up. Some of these pump deuse diesels are really good and of course they are all about 10 years newer so benefit from latest technical advancements, I'm half tempted to put the new 2.0 tdi lump in there, since the Corrado is around 200kgs lighter, they won't stand a chance! :D

As a general rule, I only move out the way if they back off or are in a really nice car, then I will show respect and move, sales men in underpowered 1.6 I will probably slow down just to a nnoy them! lol

After really testing the c ars suspension and brakes I have come to the conclusion that they need to be upgraded, whilst I'm there i'll change the timing belt and make sure I'm not losing power from the cam sensor as suggested.

Has anybody tried these cheap coilovers going on ebay? Obviously there not as good as h&r but was thinking they a re probably better than a standard suspension kit?

Yea the car is black, I've seen 3 or 4 around Orpington, someone has a lovely ice blue one, is that you? :wink:

, since the Corrado is around 200kgs lighter, they won't stand a chance! :D

Not mine....I have 20 Kilos of dynamat and 5 kilos of neoprene sheeting in mine :lol:

if it was a 130 or 150bhp TD then thats nothing to be ashamed off........they are absolute torque-monsters :twisted:

If I got beat by a 130bhp tdi in any corrado bar the 2ltr 8v (and possibly the 1.816v one -but even then I am not sure) I would hang my head in shame, they are not fast at all. They may feel fast when the torque value goes from about 3ft lbs to 200ft lbs in the space of 6 rpm but believe me, drive a corrado properly and you will destroy the oil burner.

coxylaad- true.....true 8)

the diesels do pull when the turbo kicks in but they fade out just as fast as they came in. I don't find them very enjoyable to drive and have beaten a few in my 16v :twisted:

Not mine....I have 20 Kilos of dynamat and 5 kilos of neoprene sheeting in mine

You know I saw an advert for the new Clio 182 cup- its much more highly specced then the old 172 cup and only save 20kg over the standard 182- and yet they reckon just because of this its got a faster 0-60 time. Scary that 'apparently' such a small amount of weight can make a significant difference :?

Yeah, like a tenth of a second or two!

It doesn't make *that* much difference..... to really feel the difference shedding weight can achieve you need to put your car on the Fatkins diet to the tune of 50s and 100s of kilos.... 10, 20 Kg here and there won't make much difference in a VR. Might make a small difference in the Clio but they're made of bog roll anyway, so every little helps!

They are tinny little things, but good fun!

Yeah, like a tenth of a second or two!

It doesn't make *that* much difference..... to really feel the difference shedding weight can achieve you need to put your car on the Fatkins diet to the tune of 50s and 100s of kilos.... 10, 20 Kg here and there won't make much difference in a VR. Might make a small difference in the Clio but they're made of bog roll anyway, so every little helps!

They are tinny little things, but good fun!

Yeah it's all about the power to weight ratio. Adding 20kg to an already rather lardy 1600ish kg doesn't make a big difference to the overall power:weight ratio, especially when you've got 190 horsies pulling it.

However, if the car is lighter (e.g. Clio) then 20kg is a much bigger % of the overall weight, thus it makes a little bit more of a difference.

have many people had run ins with civic type arse. one tried followed me the other day as i was bimbling along onto dual carriage way and i absolutley destroyed him. my corrado is standard too (lowered now). no offence if anyone has one but they are becoming the new saxo, dubbed the clitoris because every C****s got one!

Yes I annihilated one on the way to work this morning. A black one steamed up to my backside and clung there whilst I was waiting for a lorry to move out of the outside lane. Lorry moves over and I boot it in 4th and he had absolutely nothing to retaliate with..... he fell way, way back :lol:

I hate these pricks that zoom up to your backside like that....it's pure "Come on then". So I teach the f'ckers a thing or too..... but I always move out the way for people that steam up quickly but hold their distance and are just clearly in a hurry..... but Chav tw@ts looking for a fight always get the humiliation the deserve.

I wouldn't have thought Civic type R's would be easy meat for any VR6. I had a spat with one on the M1 and he pulled me to an indicated 152mph!. Not sure the C would have got there by itself if I was being honest.

When I did get to about 148mph tho it must have brought me into some mini 'powerband' cos i started munching into the distance and he pulled straight over :)

I guess if you have made a type R look bad, you must just have out torqued him- a better driver might have put that VTEC to better use!

Cheers

They're not that fast at all mate, I've driven one.

And don't forget mine has a Shrick, 268 cams, Bigger throttle and a rechip. As I say, he didn't have a chance, even if changing down to 5th or 4th.... they just have no torque.

A decent VR6 would whip a Civic Type R with no problem.... get to about 80mph and the VR6 eats in the distance very quickly...

As they say:

Been there, done it and got the T shirt :lol:

mines only a standard vr6 but it does rev. i think the torque is the key. my mate drove a type r and said they are nasty so i take it it has no grunt and all the go is in the v tech zone high up the revs. plus they are all quite new still so the engines will be tight and not producing the full whack. however they now no whos boss.

ICE WHITESOCKS what spec is ur engine?? that sounds mental. i've pulled 140 in mine and bottled it at bout 5500-6000rpm.

where bouts in durham are u. my bird is from there and i was up there all summer. i got a vr same colour (not sure of the exact name).

Type Rs are quick through the gears, but lack the minerals at motorway speeds. They are not bad cars at all, brilliant gear shift, very rigid body and fairly decent suspension, if a little hard. They're just not as quick as the owners of them think they are......but they're the same as any other brand, you get good ones and you get bad ones......and they use twice as much oil as the VR does.

A standard VR will pull 146 (true) easily...... we have a member on here that's pulled 165+ in his Supercharged VR.