Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Henny's J-DUB G60

yeah, wear the tyres down with plenty of track action! :D :lol: ;)

I'm gonna get the body work sorted and finish off the last little bits (hi level spoiler mounted brake light, rear facing camera etc) and then get cracking on my MKI Golf GTI 1.9 TDI 130 project.... :twisted:

The Golf was supposed to be my project car and the Corrado the daily driver, but when the Corrado broke, I just kinda went to town on it! :oops: :lol: 8)

yup... still toying with the idea... I think I'm gonna get 'em both re-sprayed and then just swap 'em as and when I feel like it! :D :lol: 8)

Should confuse a few people! ;) :lol:

So, another weekend, another show (two actually) but this time with a sprint track thrown in! :D 8)

Saturday, Curborough...

FANTASTIC fun, and I got some videos of J-DUB doing her thang! :D

Right click and save as for a video watching me go around the track

OR

Right click and save as for a video going around the track inside the car! (ignore the funny rattling noise, it's the gaffa tape that held the tripod onto the headrest making the noise! :lol: )

Then there was the "Summer Nights 2" meeting in York tonight... 8) LOADS of cars, and lots of people...

Well, it's an anniversary today.... 1 year to the day that the crank bolt sheared off... :?

So, how does she reward me after all the hard work, money and time I've spent on her over the last 12 months? The sodding exhaust starts to blow again... :roll: :lol:

I've gotta laugh, at least it's only a dodgy gasket which I've been thinking hasn't been particularly great in a while.... but it was sooooooo much fun blatting down the M56 blowing away a 530 BMW with the exhaust blowing that it's reminded me i'st all worth it! :lol: 8)

Still more to come though folks... keep watching! ;) :D

My exhaust has been blowing since I've had the car! Somewhere around the cat joint I think......just eagerly waiting for the whole lot to fall off and then I shall investigate a Magnex or Milltek, or even a titanium system to reduce weight......depending on how rich or poor I'm feeling when it comes up!

I think in the "replacing everything" stakes, you've far overtaken me. Worth it though isn't it? :lol:

My exhaust has been blowing since I've had the car! Somewhere around the cat joint I think......just eagerly waiting for the whole lot to fall off and then I shall investigate a Magnex or Milltek, or even a titanium system to reduce weight......depending on how rich or poor I'm feeling when it comes up!

I think in the "replacing everything" stakes, you've far overtaken me. Worth it though isn't it? :lol:

Saving weight?? Surely a good place to start would be the DIY dyna mat in your boot? ;) :lol:

He he, yeah I'm having to finally fit the cams now to regain lost acceleration from all that dynamat :lol:

:) My exhaust is rattling a little bit, is that too much of a tenuous reason to get a full new Milltek? :lol: Dammit, must stop spending money.

Yeah get the Milltek! 2.5" bore :lol:

My exhaust sounds like a bag of spanners but I relish the thought of replacing bits of metal pipe the same as getting into bed with a tarantula.

Yeah get the Milltek! 2.5" bore :lol:

My exhaust sounds like a bag of spanners but I relish the thought of replacing bits of metal pipe the same as getting into bed with a tarantula.

Cool, so you'll fit mine as well then? :D

:? Err......

I'd rather shove wasps up my arse than fit an exhaust....

A-N-Y Way, we've choked Henny's thread up enough as it is mate..... :wink:

I'd rather shove wasps up my arse than fit an exhaust....

:D sounds like you have done one before!!!!

Yeah get the Milltek! 2.5" bore

so your back supporting the miltek now??? was magnex earlier this afternoon :roll:

I can do a direct comparisson between miltek and magnex after sept 11th and i'll let you all know!

I'm up for what ever pleases my ear / gives the most power mate, but the Magnex impresses me. It deletes the centre box and is still factory quiet. I like that :lol:

well, before I went to the pub (my turn to drive... :( ) I checked the exhaust system out properly 'cos the car was nice and cold and it was dry outside.... It is blowing EXACTLY where I thought it was... the sodding manifold to downpipe gasket... at least it'll be a cheap fix... just a pig to get at... :(

That'll be 'cos I got it trapped when I bolted the head back on after doing the head gasket and kinked it slightly... :oops: :roll:

Oh, and fitting exhausts at home SUCKS.... best pay a monkey to either let you borrow their ramps to do it yourself or get a decent spanner man to do it for you... 8)

YAY! My pipes have arrived from Germany... Bye-bye boost leak!!! :D :D :D

Expect a couple of photos tonight/early tomorrow of some nice new shiney bits and blue silicone hoses! 8) :)

YAY! My pipes have arrived from Germany... Bye-bye boost leak!!! :D :D :D

Expect a couple of photos tonight/early tomorrow of some nice new shiney bits and blue silicone hoses! 8) :)

Heh heh good stuff :D Keep up the good work!

I've just fitted the new boost pipes..... well almost... :| The main intercooler to throttlebody ali pipe is too long for using in a Corrado 'cos it was designed to go into a Golf, so I need to trim it down an inch or so to make it fit nicely... I'll get a mate of mine to roll the end properly in the morning so that it makes a good seal and doesn't keep blowing the hose off the end and then it'll be sorted, but I'm not gonna start hacksawing stuff at 1:45 AM! :lol: here's some pics to keep ya going anyway... rest will be up tomorrow when I've fitted the new exhaust gasket and got the new pipe fitted... 8)

Well, I can confirm that I had at least one boost leak, an exhaust leak (from the gasket I thought it was) AND the car WAS a tooth out on the cam... I can safely say by the scared look on Dubwhizz's face that she's a good bit quicker now! :D 8)

Need a rolling road session now to see what kinda figures she's putting out now! :D 8)

Well, I can confirm that I had at least one boost leak, an exhaust leak (from the gasket I thought it was) AND the car WAS a tooth out on the cam... I can safely say by the scared look on Dubwhizz's face that she's a good bit quicker now! :D 8)

Need a rolling road session now to see what kinda figures she's putting out now! :D 8)

Heh heh bit scary about the belt being out, but good to hear it's all leak-free now :D

Blimey.

I can't wait for another spin in this car now.. it was a mentalist BEFORE these problems were patched up. I can't imagine what its going to be like now.... :shock:

Blimey.

I can't wait for another spin in this car now.. it was a mentalist BEFORE these problems were patched up. I can't imagine what its going to be like now.... :shock:

nice Alan Partridge quote Jim :lol: :lol: :lol: .................anyway Henny hopefully this will be the last of the teething problems

Well, if anybody who's been following the corrado vs MKIII golf thread, you'll have heard by now that J-DUB has been officially written off... :( :cry:

It's been a good 2 years with her, allbeit somewhat costly and filled with some bad luck, but I have no regrets for anything I did with her during that time and had more laughs and fun than with any other car I could have bought at the time...

Time to move on now though, I'm after another Corrado now to enjoy and use the knowledge I've picked up with J-DUB to create something even more special and a little better... 8)

Thanks for all the comments, help and nice words over the last 2 years, Oh, and don't think I've given up on J-DUB... I've bought her back and she may well see the roads again, just in a slightly different guise and with a different powerplant... ;) 8)

Keep watching folks, things may just get a little sillier! :lol: :twisted: