Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

It does seem a bit of a mad thing to do considering how much hassle it is to get hold of one over there, you may regret it but then again maybe you won't, I'm sure the R32 will help ease the pain and I expect you got a good price for the rado too 8)

When you've gone to the hassle of bringing a car to the other side of the World with you, adding air-con to it shouldn't be a problem :nuts:

A/C had very little influence on my decision, i didn't actually mind it too much without A/C, i did drive it everyday for over 4 years without it! Wouldn't of been too much of a drama to fit, but when looking for another car its always nice to get in a car that has it!

Hey guys, bit excited today as i bought an R32. The car was bought in Adelaide and is being sent over to me near Brisbane.

There were only 200 Mk4 R32s sold over here, all 2004 models, 100 Deep Blue Pearl, 50 Black Magic Pearl and 50 Reflex Silver, all 3 door with no sunroof :clap: , xenons, climatronic and heated Konigs.

They were sold with a small plaque on the gear surround saying what number out of the 200 it is, and 2 keytags with the same engraving on them all in a pretty box :grin:

So its a nice car to have after the Corrado, still a bit rare with the correct number of doors, but more importantly i now have 4WD and a 24V VR6 with 6 gears :clap: Just need a Turbo :norty:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfMy R1.jpg[/attachment:39u3syxx]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfMy R2.jpg[/attachment:39u3syxx]

My R3.jpg[/attachment:39u3syxx]

Hmmmm, R32s do seem to be the car of choice to move onto at the moment :D

It just goes to show how important character in cars still is. There are faster cars for the money, but nothing quite matches the charisma of the R32 does it?

Good move mate, I like it a lot. I'll be getting one myself at some point :D

Cheers mate, after alot of hard thinking about what to do with my Corrado i decided on this. I was very close to buying a donor car to VR6 my C and then Turbo it, but the more i looked into the future i think i would of wanted the 24V and then the 4WD eventually, it would of cost me thousands in the end.

Also i agree with you on the character thing, if i was just after power then i'd go and buy a Skyline, they are fairly cheap and eady to to get tuning parts for in Aus, but a car needs to be much more than that to me, has to tick a few more boxes doesn't it!

It's quite an amusing irony really how we all wax lyrical about the Corrado and how much character it has, and of course now the MK4 R32 yet everyone always says German cars lack soul and are built to be 'purposeful' and 'functional' - just goes to show it isn't always the case!

True Jim. I always liked the Mk4 R32 and thought it had real character, much more than the S3. Just that the R32 was way too expensive to even look at back when they were released. Bit like the Corrado again i suppose!

Looks a minter. Best colour for them. Still prefer the Mk5 version though. If I were to be down to one car Id be looking at one of these as well.

I looked at Mk5's, i really like them but they lack the character and uniqueness i think. They look too much like the Jetta from the front and other Golf models. Also they are too gadget filled for my liking and the interior plastic quality doesn't feel as good. And more importantly again, the Mk4 feels better to drive i think. Its shocking how quickly the Mk5 prices dropped in Australia, some are not much more than a decent Mk4.

The aeging man in me likes the refinement of the MK5, but if I was to build an R32 turbo, I'd definitely choose the MK4 8)

I would also pinch some of Dahlback Racing's ideas, such as the black detailed headlights and those lovely arches :D They can keep the bonnet hole and side exit exhaust though :lol:

I looked at Mk5's, i really like them but they lack the character and uniqueness i think. They look too much like the Jetta from the front and other Golf models. Also they are too gadget filled for my liking and the interior plastic quality doesn't feel as good. And more importantly again, the Mk4 feels better to drive i think. Its shocking how quickly the Mk5 prices dropped in Australia, some are not much more than a decent Mk4.

Agree on the chrome front but I prefer that they blend in more. Funny Ive always preferred the Mk5 feel to the Mk4. Horses for courses I suppose.

Nice choice, I had a brand new 5dr blue one back in 03/04, I'm thinking on having another around the end of this year to replace the Rado, will be going for another Mk4 in 3dr this time 8)

A pic of the 5dr

R32 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:3ea0web0]

The aeging man in me likes the refinement of the MK5, but if I was to build an R32 turbo, I'd definitely choose the MK4 8)

You calling me old :lol:

and heated Konigs.

You need them do you? :cuckoo:

I would soooooo love a black r32 3 dooor :luvlove:

good move. :salute:

You may be suprise how cold it can get here, we get frosty mornings and very light snow at times! Only chilly for a couple of months though so i probably won't need them much!! Very comfortable seats though.

Cheers all.