CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

how rude lol

no car is going to into body shop to get the rest of the little bits sorted out, then its interior in and insured and away!

Could still be this christmas!

Still umming and ahhing about the charger. We shall see. I love the razor sharp throttle response, and I am worried the drag of the charger will dampen that down a bit.

Ian i have driven a golf 4mo with a vortech on it and it was a completely different animal to a vorteched vr, the power was instant, no drag AT ALL, fwd would be pointless but with your 4wd it would be spot on mate 8)

sounds canny then! we shall see what happens.

I am thinking i might have to make something quieten that induction roar down a bit, cos feck me its loud!

I have to admit I find the same sometimes plus I do get a bit of heatsoak issues with the exposed filter hence why I was thinking of fitting the standard airbox. Are you running the standard CAT or cat bypass?

Just sat thinking, and decided to write down the full completed spec of the car, as i have not done it before.

Here we go:

Volkswagen corrado VR6 automatic.

17k R32 transplant using mk4 engine mounts and dog bone

schrick High lift cams

ECU remap

Full R32 wiring front to back, Only corrado wiring left is central locking, electric windows, and sunroof.

custom front subframe to accomodate mk4 radiator and fans.

Custom built full stainless steel exhaust (which is absolutely lush)

some git big air filter (might be going as its soo feckin loud!)

02M 6 speed gearbox. (have a DSG in the garage which as was going to fit to the keep the 'automatic' but dont think i will bother now)

r32 shorter shift

rallye rear 4wd beam

mk3 golf syncro rear swinging arms

r32 haldex rear diff grafted to rear beam

shortened r32 prop

rallye rear anti roll bar

full back end poly bushed

custom fabricated rear floor

rallye fuel tank

Sytec fuel pump

front end poly bushed

Eibach front anti roll bar

custom front driveshafts

R32 rear calipers, mounted to vr6 vented front discs at the back

porsche 911 turbo monoblock brembo calipers and discs with custom bells at the front.

braided hoses all round

r32 mastercylinder

r32 servo

r32 abs/traction control/ESP unit

brake pedal modification

OZ Prodrive P1 17" alloys

FK konigsport silverlineX coilovers

Eibach front strut brace

Full mk4 climatronic

mk4 dashboard and all switches/controls

mk4 steering column

cruise control

R32 clocks

full biege leather interior

porsche 911 front seats

Audioscape doorpods

Lupo wipers

toad ai 606 alarm

HID headlight conversion

Electric headlight adjusters

I might have missed some bits but i think thats the majority of it.

I have a r32 supercharger kit to go on, but think i am going to sell it on as I will be using the car as a daily and fuel economy will be an issue!

DSG box i think will be sold too, but i keep umming and ahhing over it. I think it might be a lot of hassle to fit, plus the thing weighs an absolute ton!!! its about 30 kg heavier than the 02M, which in itself is a monster of a gearbox!

final planning mods are an uprated haldex controller, and possibly a pelequin torque biasing diff for the back axle to induce some more balanced slightly over steering action. going to do the uprated controller first and see how it goes.

I think thats it really.

I absolutely frickin love it! :D

Fit the DSG though and then give me first refusal if you ever sell the car ;)

Corrado is latin for expensive isn't it?

Well done on writing the to-do list though, I think a lot of us are too scared to do that!

Or are we too scared to tot up the running total... :pale: looks like it'll be a monster when done.

thats not the to do list - thats the done list!

the to do list is just the 4wd controller, and maybes a rear strut brace, other than that, its done!

ah right! Sorry. Looks like you've been busy then :D

is the 4wd a haltech jobby? I'm not sure if my brain can comprehend a corrado project being "done"!

no no you can fit the 02M components onto the 02A gearbox. I dont know the details, cos i didnt do it, but phatvr6 has done it before. I think the mechanism just plugs into the top of the gearbox.

edit: maybes it should be called a mk4 shifter to avoid confusion because you get the mechanism off a mk4 with an 02A gearbox i think.

Awesome project :grin:

Regarding the mk4 shifter swap, I got some bits from Paul (phatvr6) to do mine in my mk2 VR6. Basically you can use any mk4 shift lever, even a 6spd one with the cables, then you need the corresponding 5 spd 02J tower for the top of the gearbox to match the cables, as some have parallel pins and some have ball fittings.

Only other thing you may have to do, is the tower support in the base of the gearbox ( 2 bolt fitting,has a vw logo on it) is sometimes a different diameter to match the tower you use and you have to change that also (I didn't need to)

Well worth doing, as the regular 02A shift is generally vague and cr*p in my experience. :cuckoo:

DSCF3714640x480.jpg

mk4 IV R32 lever/cables

o2jshortshift.jpg

Shiny fore-aft lever is from a TT to reduce the throw.

ps - sorry for thread hi-jack :gag:

Hi, cheers - it's a model 78 I think ( it was 2002 when I bought it, so memory is a bit vague )

Small update:

Had a bit of a problem with the car completely refusing to start. Turned out to be the main power pin had snapped off on the ecu. not good. The ecu came from a car that had been completely munched on the front end and the locking mechanism on the ecu plug had been destroyed, looks like it let the weather in and it corroded and eventually broke the pin off. Had to take the ecu apart remove the old plug from the board and solder in the new ones. a couple of hours dremelling and desolderingI gave the soldering job to andy, I swear he is a robot, it is absolutely perfect, and you would never tell it had been touched. Utterly impressed again.

also recieved my new carbon bonnet a couple of weeks back, the quality looks excellent

little bit of progress over the weekend.

Now got the whole car running fault free. Had a problem with a lambda probe which i have replaced, and all appears to be running as it should. Not that i have been out in it yet...

so some updated pics of the car with the new wheels and bonnet:

IMG_0331.jpg

I plan to keep the ride height reasonable as its going to be a daily driver and I want to be able to get over speed bumps.

IMG_0333.jpg

The theme is either body coloured, or black/anthracite. I think I am going to do the manifold in the same colour as my wheels.

I would like some opinons on the carbon bonnet. I was planning to paint it, but it sort of goes with the theme. Not sure at the moment.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Starting to come together now. I have a deadline of may to get the thing on the road as my company car is being returned.