CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - i already miss that noise! :cry:

looks and sounds lovely pal - how long now until it's your daily for real?

(and what's with the weird cat-like noise at the start?!? :lol: )

Well at long last the car is now insured (750 quid fully comp) and almost MOT'd nearly went through first time. all mechanicals were fine, but it failed on emmissions. the hydrocarbon test limit was 200, and mine was reading 8300 lol :cuckoo:

thats like neat fuel in the exhaust i think! I think i may have the front lambdas crossed over. can anyone with a 24v install tell me what colour lambda probe goes where. As you are facing the front of the car, i have the black probe in the left bank and the brown probe in the right bank. I need to know if this is correct. I am getting lambda reversed errors, but I am also getting a couple of other fuel errors at the moment too, so i dont know whether its a red herring or not.

all in all I am very pleased at how happy how the car had done considering the in bits state its been in over the last few years.

Anyways even when its through its mot i think i still have a lot of work to do, as its ridiculously feckin loud. I am going to fit a stanadard airbx i think, cos the noise is doing my head in after driving 5 miles to the test station and back.

Need to sort out the ride height of the car, as its sunk a lot, and also the rear camber adjustment fittings that have made need fitting.

its no where near 'daily driver' standard yet, but i will persevere. Its got 6 months before its going the journey and I buy a audi estate lol

so if anyone can help me with the front lambda information that would be great cheers.

Well at long last the car is now insured (750 quid fully comp) and almost MOT'd nearly went through first time. all mechanicals were fine, but it failed on emmissions. the hydrocarbon test limit was 200, and mine was reading 8300 lol :cuckoo:

thats like neat fuel in the exhaust i think! I think i may have the front lambdas crossed over. can anyone with a 24v install tell me what colour lambda probe goes where. As you are facing the front of the car, i have the black probe in the left bank and the brown probe in the right bank. I need to know if this is correct. I am getting lambda reversed errors, but I am also getting a couple of other fuel errors at the moment too, so i dont know whether its a red herring or not.

all in all I am very pleased at how happy how the car had done considering the in bits state its been in over the last few years.

Anyways even when its through its mot i think i still have a lot of work to do, as its ridiculously feckin loud. I am going to fit a stanadard airbx i think, cos the noise is doing my head in after driving 5 miles to the test station and back.

Need to sort out the ride height of the car, as its sunk a lot, and also the rear camber adjustment fittings that have made need fitting.

its no where near 'daily driver' standard yet, but i will persevere. Its got 6 months before its going the journey and I buy a audi estate lol

so if anyone can help me with the front lambda information that would be great cheers.

if you wind the lambdas out they will have the part numbers on them. any decent parts guy will be able to tell you which side they go on without any problems (i know this as i double checked before fitting mine). i take it you're getting the engine management light on too if thats the case... (can't remember the code number but the text reads something like impossible/improbable lambda reading).

cheers for that.

hmmmm y'know I am not sure...about the car that is. My original design spec was that of a gt car, something blindingly quick yet retaining comfort for gentle relaxed cruising and commuting and stuff. Well its blindingly quick, but its ridiculously loud, both from the exhuast and the air filter. I know i have a grommet in the bulkhead missing and that will cause a lot of noise, and there is a small hole at the back of the car that might be passing some exhaust noise in, so i reckon i could go a long way to sorting that out (standard airbox is going to have to go on i think...) but the ride quality at the moment compared to a modern car is just not on, i would even say piss poor. its crashy and noisy and clunky and generally not that nice.

I am so tempted to chuck it all in and get something more modern and not have to worry about all this. need to persevere though and get it running as it should then decide whether its the car i want for every day.

It will be a great car as a weekend blast car, but at the moment, not sure as an every day car. and if its not an everyday car, then its competing with my bike, and its gunna lose!

will keep you updated...

as Corrado VR6 Turbo just said to me 'its that time now' :D Dont give up Coxy, with your knowledge and ability, these minor issues will be easy to sort out, after all you've completed the major work, these are refinements.

cheers for that.

hmmmm y'know I am not sure...about the car that is. My original design spec was that of a gt car, something blindingly quick yet retaining comfort for gentle relaxed cruising and commuting and stuff. Well its blindingly quick, but its ridiculously loud, both from the exhuast and the air filter. I know i have a grommet in the bulkhead missing and that will cause a lot of noise, and there is a small hole at the back of the car that might be passing some exhaust noise in, so i reckon i could go a long way to sorting that out (standard airbox is going to have to go on i think...) but the ride quality at the moment compared to a modern car is just not on, i would even say piss poor. its crashy and noisy and clunky and generally not that nice.

I am so tempted to chuck it all in and get something more modern and not have to worry about all this. need to persevere though and get it running as it should then decide whether its the car i want for every day.

It will be a great car as a weekend blast car, but at the moment, not sure as an every day car. and if its not an everyday car, then its competing with my bike, and its gunna lose!

will keep you updated...

You know what, that's exactly how I feel at the moment. I know my VR is on a far lower level, but I just don't think it will be as fun day to day as the 16v, and the suspension is bound to get on my tits, especially when it aggravates my bad back.

What suspension is it?

If it's overly noisy, defo go for the standard airbox too. Which exhaust have you got on there? Mic (mic_vr) has a 2.5" Techtonics on his VR, and cruising it's quite as a mouse, put your foot down and it just growls nicely, but not over powering at all. Subtlety is definitely the way forward :)

they are FK konigsport silverlines, konis in disguise, so not rubbish. jay and now vick has them on his 24v corrado and i found that a very nice drive.

anyways, i am over the initial disapointment of it not being immediately perfect. I will sort it eventually. I had a nose about today and realised i hadnt refitted about 4 grommits in the bulkhead so no wonder it was feckin noisy!

So I hacked my carbon fibre bonnet up this afternoon and fitted a pair of mk4 washers to the underside of the bonnet.

I want the nice efficient spray pattern so these were essential, plus it keeps the bonnet nice and clean.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Also a positive point - the breaks on the car are absolutely astounding! they arent properly bedded in yet but flippin hell they are awesome!

Amazing Corrado mate, i just about read the whole thread yesterday, as said i'm sure you'll sort out the minor issues of noise and crashy suspension, the hard work has been done. Yours deserves some V3's i reckon :norty: :grin:

cheers mate, but whats a V3? lol

you may get to see the car someday as there is a possibility that i could end up round your neck of the woods!

pipe dream at the moment.

You would HAVE to bring it with you, all that hard work man, don't sell it whatever you do - unless its to me of course :) If you like your surfing and open roads with hardly any traffic lights then you'll love it around here mate :)

V3's, sorry i'm taliking about KW V3 Coilovers, from what i keep reading these sound like they're definately worth investing in at the moment, there was almost a group buy for them back in '05 on here but nothing ever came of it, so i went for the Konigsport silverlines too instead, but i find them a little harsh and crashy on some of the rougher roads around here so i know what you're saying. I'll be buying the V3's next.

Keep us updated :clap:

SNIP: hmmmm y'know I am not sure...about the car that is. Well its blindingly quick, but its ridiculously loud, both from the exhuast and the air filter. the ride quality at the moment compared to a modern car is just not on, i would even say piss poor. its crashy and noisy and clunky and generally not that nice.

What are you like :lol: :lol: You're blowing hot and cold again :lol:

Sounsd you're losing enthusiasm for the spannering side of things. Compared to what you've got, I can't think of many cars that tick all the boxes for low money!

i know mate i am sorry, i guess i just had really high expectations and expected the car to be perfect first time out.

Unrealistic really given the project and the length of time its been off the road.

Just ordered a load of sound deadening for it, going to line the interior with it, that should make it a bit more pleasant - screw the excess weight!

Ian mate you should definitely stick with it, after all the time you have put in to it it would be stooooopid to get rid of it :lol:

And corrado's can be comfortable, handle well, be quiet and go like stink, you just need to have a go out in Kev's :notworthy: The V3's are sublime in his, firm but no crashing at all (even round my area where even my audi is crashy!), he's spent a lot of time de-rattling the interior and no word of a lie it's virtually silent no rattles! And goes like a fcuking rocket, stops on a button and feels totally planted! You just need to stick with it and it will be an epic car!!

Kev's head won't be able to fit out the door when he reads this now :lol: but credit where it's due his is an awesome car :salute:

Nice car you have there! I always think it takes at least six months of driving the car to sort out all the niggles once you've done a big conversion, only then will it tick all the boxes and be a satisfying everyday car. It's not like you've just slung a different engine in, you've changed everything!

Just ordered a load of sound deadening for it, going to line the interior with it, that should make it a bit more pleasant - screw the excess weight!

tbh to reduce noise get some acoustic foam, perhaps 6mm thick. This will quieten the cabin far more than any soundproofing eg damplifier, and will be a good sight lighter too.

Cheers Rob, very kind of you to say all that! People will definitely think you're my b1tch now :lol:

Ian, what exhaust does your rado have on it? Remember the stock R32 has 2 cats and 3 silencers (including the Mahooooosive rear suitcase). Jay Renshaw's old car has the OE cats IIRC and that thing is whisper quiet.

Stick a BMC on the inlet, that will quieten it down!

Cheers Rob, very kind of you to say all that! People will definitely think you're my b1tch now :lol:

I'll always be your b!tch Kev :camp: :lol: I'm just speaking my opinion and I think your car is pretty much the full package.

I have no cats and as much silencing as space allows under there, which isnt a great deal! 1 center silencer, and a reasonably small back box is all that can be fitted. not to worry about that.

can someone point me in the direction of some cheap accoustic foam?