davidwort

davidwort's 16v - looking a bit shinier

Love that bonnet stay!

Didn't even notice that on first view so had to go back and look :lol:

seat bolster replacement time, also swapped the driver and passenger right seat bolster covers as the driver side is OK but starting to show signs of the material wearing thin.

As per the wiki guides to removing a seat and replacing a seat base bolster foam, more of a fiddle than I thought though.

old one was well shot:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfnew_old_foam2.jpg[/attachment:pw9j4zoo]

new one with passenger side cover looks and feels 100% now

new_fitted.jpg[/attachment:pw9j4zoo]

What! Has the Golf gone to replace this or is it in addition? Nice one mate! :)

8) Good work, David! Looks like a good 'un. Really like the 8v engine- nice to drive. Gonna be the daily? How much persuasion did it take? :lol:

a local opportunity I just couldn't resist, definitely an addition not a replacement for anything :) , will give me another motor for the winter while I do some bigger jobs on the valver. I knew eventually I'd want another one, hopefully sometime in the future a VR, but this little 8v looked like it needed someone to look after it.

I hate to say it's an 8v 'daily', but I realised that getting an old golf or early bora would just grieve me every time they needed a bit spending on, whereas any Corrado is going to mean a bit more to me.

8) Good work, David! Looks like a good 'un. Really like the 8v engine- nice to drive. Gonna be the daily? How much persuasion did it take? :lol:

I've never been exactly what you'd call impulsive :lol: but this was a little lapse, body is very sound apart from a squashed wing and everything else is original and in pretty good nick, hopefully give it a good healthcheck soon but it's got 12months ticket on it.

Brilliant. Well it's always nice to know another one has gone to a good home :)

nice one, great to see another one getting picked up by an enthusiast :salute:

something other than kjet to mess around with too!

Excellent David, They make superb dailys too and i really really like mine and cant imagine life without it even with its faults :ignore: :lol:

Nice one David, just watch the daily divert your time from jobs you were going to do on the valver though :)

Nice one David, just watch the daily divert your time from jobs you were going to do on the valver though :)

yeah, I'm thinking about that already!

A number of things swayed me though, I needed something for the winter and anything I got would cost me some time and money to keep going, figured I'd rather put my time into a Corrado than anything else, although I might just live to regret saying that :lol:

Mrs and her parents think I'm :cuckoo: , my dad is just moaning it's another car for him to help out on, between him and my 2 sisters there's now 10 vehicles and his triumph bonneville he has to help look after :lol:

Good to know it's going to be looked after. At that price it was a sitting duck for someone to buy to break.

There has been so many good price 8v's in the month or so I'm wondering why weren't they about last year when I was looking for a replacement. I had a choice of 3, 1 on Arran, 1 very high price at a dealer in B'ham and the one I bought from Banbury way.

Enjoy it and good luck in sourcing any body panels you might be wanting to replace.

LOL, well done David - was very tempted to go and buy this myself but saw you were interested...

Welcome to the exclusive Dual-Corrado club!

Welcome to the exclusive Dual-Corrado club!

Your finances will never be the same again!

:lol:

list of parts I need is already growing, head plastic flanges cracked/leaking, needs a late grille, headlight lense, steering has more play than a 1980's transit :)

so far all I've managed to do is the cracked passenger mirror black surround - priorities and all that!

on the bright side, dad's already suggested I take the head off and skim it and he's just found an 8v schrick cam in his garage 8)

he just needs to find a nice TDI engine to go in it now!

you might all drive tractors in turnip land mr charged... :lol:

dad's already suggested I take the head off and skim it and he's just found an 8v schrick cam in his garage 8)

It didn't take long for him to come round to the idea of another C.... I thought he was moaning about it a few days ago.