Was at cars and coffee in Liverpool one Sunday morning,someone stop and and a natter about the Corrado.

I said not as nice as some of the flash cars his reply “yeah but that’s a proper car”

The Corrado was parked by cars that are out of most people’s reach 1/2 million pound cars

Made my day

Lovely sunny day yesterday so decided to take the Storm out for a drive around the Sussex villages. Was parked up having a coffee in Forest Row, chap pulled up in a current Range Rover. As he got out I could see him looking at the VR. He then came up and asked how old it was etc, so I refreshed his memory. He only departed as his family began to look miffed waiting for him to go into the restaurant. As he walked away his parting shot was lovely to see one in such good condition.

Lovely sunny day yesterday so decided to take the Storm out for a drive around the Sussex villages. Was parked up having a coffee in Forest Row, chap pulled up in a current Range Rover. As he got out I could see him looking at the VR. He then came up and asked how old it was etc, so I refreshed his memory. He only departed as his family began to look miffed waiting for him to go into the restaurant. As he walked away his parting shot was lovely to see one in such good condition.

I was walking around Balcombe on Sunday, sad I didn't get to see your car!

Think I’ve just had my biggest chufties since owning the car 😂😂

Took it for a spin after having it serviced and to take it up to temperature. Came back and as I’m pulling in one of my elderly female neighbour opposite us comes out her front door.....we’ve only recently moved to this house and I’ve had the corrado under a cover for 90% of the time.

I’m thinking oh she’s going to ask why it’s so loud/moan and she says

Hello, I just had to pop over to say that car sound gorgeous! I bet it’s a bit of a beast.....she must be well into her 60’s

I couldn’t help but laugh then had a chat to her about it.....didn’t take up the offer of a spin though

Took the Blackberry to Queens Square Bristol Breakfast Club this morning,as soon as I got out the car some nice chap shook my hand and congratulated me on owning a Corrado,thought it was nice thing to say

Went shopping in the Blackberry to Sainsburys last Friday near the start of the A420 in Swindon. As I was packing the shopping in I could see a guy admiring it as he was walking back to his pick-up. Drove passed him as he dropped his trolley off and he took his shades off while giving a nod of approval.....still nice to get those appreciated glances.

I'm doing a weeks work at a little industrial unit and some guy from an adjoining unit walked past and said..... awesome car mate, really nice looking, my mate used to have a G40....

I guess he didn't spot the bit in primer...

Getting comments does make owning one a little bit better though.

It`s like waiting for a bus, suddenly 3 come along at the same time! Was at my local B&Q in Abingdon last week and one of the guys working there was directing a lorry out. He said, "lovely car mate, you don`t see many of those about now" and he must have known his cars coz he followed it up with "especially the G60". Apparently one of his mates used to have one back in the day.

A day later we were having a carpet fitted at home and the carpet fitters apprentice said what a great car it was. Turns out he knows his VDubs as his father has a MK1 golf fitted with a 20VT.

Beginning of this week I was at my wife`s work place and a local estate agent complemented the Corrado, said it was stunning and always wished he`d had one. That was cool as being an estate agent he could probably afford any car he wanted!

I'd forgotten all about Chufties!

Driving home from Newark a few weeks ago along the A616 and a bike came down the outside of the line of traffic I was in, slowed down alongside us and had a good look at the car, pointed at it and gave a thumbs up before pulling away again, big smile on my face!

My aunts husband told me over dinner how he loved the looks of the Corrado when I explained I bought one, best comment I got.

This is the same guy that made the design of the first Koenigsegg, yeah chocker. It was suppose to be a Kit Car but Koenigsegg bought the project and did some redesigns.

Mostly people don't even know what a Corrado is over here. 172 left in the kingdom of Sweden if car.info is right.

Slow moving traffic, noticed a guy leaving a sizeable gap in front of himself to my left. He then wound his window down, and gave me a thumbs up after which drove on and closed the gap. Nice to know the Corrado still gets respect

Chap in an early 80s Scirocco Lewes High Street around 11am. Exchanged a wave of acknowledgement.

Then went to Halfords, young chap in there used to have a Corrado and was admiring mine.

Was filling up with fuel (super unleaded of course|) at my local Tesco in Abingdon and a guy in a T4 van shouted `great car mate!` so we chatted and he showed me what he`d done to his van. Nice to see he knew what a Corrado was!

have had my car out for a quick run had a prick in a seat leon sitting on my bumper got home  next thing a neighbour pulls up in a passat and shouts nice scirocco mate,

Was giving mine a wash last week and a passer by commented and stopped for a chat. She did say Scirocco at first, but seemed quite well versed on on old veedubs apart from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Parked in the car park at the coop getting some cash out on the way for an MOT and there’s a bloke behind me in the queue telling his mate it’s a Corrado, a cool cool Golf from back in the day and how much he’d like to have one. I just grinned at him and said I’ve got one!

Used mine to drive to the office this week. A building contractor in the basement commented when I got out. Said “very nice, don’t see many of those around anymore”

Must be a good time to be out in the Rado at the moment. Two lots today, filling up with petrol and a guy got out the passenger side of a 4x4 at another pump, and had a good wander around the car having a look (I was inside paying). Once I’d paid and was heading back out, a guy got out of a golf gti and passed comment, “nice, very very nice”

All I need now is to spot another Rado out and about. Not seen another for an absolute age.

I was doing a couple of jobs on the car today when one of the local lads rode past and said    "I love that car mate"

Made me feel happy about owning it again,  after having to shell out more money recently,  but only for a while,  as then remembered several other jobs that need attending to! 😄

Parked my car at the local farm shop earlier then stood drooling over a 997 GT3 a few spaces down before I nipped in the shop. When I come out there’s a guy stood looking at the Corrado, “Love the car” he says, goes on to tell me he wanted one in the day but never had one etc etc. I get in to leave and he gets in his GT3, wish I’d realised, he might have done a straight swap!!!

• Like 1

Woohoo, I have entered this world of chufties,

waiting to pull in at a junction, the van pulling out put down his window and shouted 'nice car mate'

then when I was back home, a couple of kids walked past and said the same, plus a few double takes from other drivers 🙂

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

Parked my car at the local farm shop earlier then stood drooling over a 997 GT3 a few spaces down before I nipped in the shop. When I come out there’s a guy stood looking at the Corrado, “Love the car” he says, goes on to tell me he wanted one in the day but never had one etc etc. I get in to leave and he gets in his GT3, wish I’d realised, he might have done a straight swap!!!

That's why we keep them 😇

15 minutes ago, GrahamU said:

Woohoo, I have entered this world of chufties,

waiting to pull in at a junction, the van pulling out put down his window and shouted 'nice car mate'

then when I was back home, a couple of kids walked past and said the same, plus a few double takes from other drivers 🙂

Result 👍

Been driving the Vr6 for the last week or so- these cars are really getting some serious respect now- one guy earlier did a ok symbol with his hand earlier and said if you know you know,  that is a proper motor- sainsburys delivery guy literally left spunk marks up the body work earlier and seemed a little lost for words . 

Edited by Keyo