came home from work today totally shattered to find my corrado calender waiting for me.

totally chuffed to be January's pin up.

awesome picture for December.

:bonk:

We live on a new estate with reasonably expensive houses, the place is full of flash, expensive new cars but the neighbours always seem to ask about the Corrado thats suddenly appeared on the driveway.

I went to collect something from someones house that I bought from an advert. He helped me carry it to the car and commented "Oh what a cool car". I guess he was in his mid to late twenties so not much older than the car itself.

yesssss

went for a drive today to warm up the oil ready to change it, driving through our local town there was police doing stops, i calmly drove up to it sat in traffic, one police officer walked behind the car and said to his pal, pretty rare these days, then the passenger side door opened up with his pal looking in and says

you going tooled up mate? i looked into my passenger side seat and released i had spanners socket bits fire extinguisher the lot, i haven't drove it since i put the intake back on and didn't want to get 'caught short'

i laughed at the copper and said just in case

he said i love these cars got to be pretty rare now, i said yeah

he said it looks good have a nice day and shut the door, by which time i was holding up traffic but i thought it was pretty nice of him to make the comment

drove away with a smile

Sat at traffic lights the other day with my window down I hear a little boy excitedly saying to his dis-interested mother 'Look mummy thats the car I have in the game, COOL!!' I was getting to be a little chuffed until the next sentence, 'yeah a COROLLA mummy'!!

Will.I.Dib lollers ^_^

Was filing up on Saturday when a guy called across "Nice car mate, don't see many of them about". :)

Will.I.Dib lollers ^_^

Was filing up on Saturday when a guy called across "Nice car mate, don't see many of them about". :)

That's what the rozzer's said to me as I sat in the back of there wagon for speeding! Still didn't get me off the hook haha

Got a chufty from the petrol station cashier today. When I paid he commented on it being a lovely old car.

Had two compliments whilst I was sussing ball joints, track rods and arb links at my house... both from two separate ambulance drivers who were responding to my neighbour who'd had a heart attack.

1st paramedic: "is that yours". Thinking she wanted me to move it, "yep". "it's larrrrvly".

2nd paramedic: "... that's made my day seeing that." Nice guy, had an ST220.

Got me thinking afterwards though that it probably wasn't much of a task to make his day :lol:

got two today. First one was a foreign guy WHO passed the Corrado while I was waxing it, and he said:: That'sa darn nice car! Had one years ago. Da.n nice.

Second one was on my way to a Classic car show, and two Guys was hanging out of their window of their car, while smiling, thimbs up and filming it with their phone, They didn't look like the sort of types WHO would pass by and "borrow" it.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Sat in traffic today and a guy in a T5 on otherside of the road looks my car up and down then looks at me and says ''NICE'' with a nod of appreciation :smug:

mmmm gotta love driving a 20 year old car & some random in the petrol station wonders over & says 'wow m8 that's a lovely corrado, beautiful colour, how much would you sell it for?' :D lol

Two chufties to report...

Last month,I was waiting at a T junction for 2 guys on road bikes to come past. I had both the windows down (as you do) and heard one say to the other "Nice! What's that?" His mate said "I think it's a Corrado". "Awesome" said the first guy. Thumbs up from me, and gave it some beans as I pulled out after they had passed.

Last night whilst loading the C with a small shop at local Sainsbury's a guy walking past stared and commented "lovely car, mate".

Just noticed this thread :)

I must say since owning the C - I have never had so many compliments!!! :thumbleft:

1. Overtook a mini on bypass

- Mini decided to follow me all the way home and beeps me at traffic light:

"Nice car, mate - I always wanted one! By the way, I followed u to let u know one of your brake lights gone"

2. Garage that did MOT

- "really nice car, got a big soft spot for the Corrado s"

3. Stopped at lights, van driver beeps me

- "is that the one on gumtree? Looks nice, I have a Golf Concept myself"

:o :o :o

Just noticed this thread :)

I must say since owning the C - I have never had so many compliments!!! :thumbleft:

1. Overtook a mini on bypass

- Mini decided to follow me all the way home and beeps me at traffic light:

"Nice car, mate - I always wanted one! By the way, I followed u to let u know one of your brake lights gone"

2. Garage that did MOT

- "really nice car, got a big soft spot for the Corrado s"

3. Stopped at lights, van driver beeps me

- "is that the one on gumtree? Looks nice, I have a Golf Concept myself"

:o :o :o

Nice white one on ebay and gumtree at the moment if your interested :)

Not sure if this is a chuftie:-

Was on the M1 coming back from seeing some family and I pulled off of the slip road onto the motorway. A young lad in a MK2 (reasonably tidy) quickly pulled up behind me, sat quite close for a bit then over took me

Not sure if this is a chuftie:-

Was on the M1 coming back from seeing some family and I pulled off of the slip road onto the motorway. A young lad in a MK2 (reasonably tidy) quickly pulled up behind me, sat quite close for a bit then over took me

Deffo taken your pic and now circulated to his facebook buddies to lookout for u to sort u out! :eek:

Kiddin

Hopefully its a proper chufty :)

Deffo taken your pic and now circulated to his facebook buddies to lookout for u to sort u out! :eek:

Kiddin

Hopefully its a proper chufty :)

Haha :lol:

Dateline New Malden, 28AUG, Aldi car park...... just heard the car being referred to as a 'VW Colorado'........ close, but no cigar! :)

took mine out on run to clear its lungs yesterday, i had a chap in a suit walking through town that spotted the car put his thumbs up and mouthed 'i used to own one of those'

doing a bit of over taking on the link road a chap purposely slowed down and hung out the window to catch a vid or pic on his phone.....

by the time i got to wash it i was brought down to earth though.......hello mate i love that motor, my pal had a mk1 version, (grit my teeth and wait for it)

gotta lova a scirroco.....

damn it

Not a chufties for mine, but last weekend I was down at fellow forumer Unclean's place and a fella in a 911 (991 version) stopped to take a picture, even though his car is currently in many pieces whilst having a tart up.

It's not exactly a chuftie but it's not a spot either. I drove up to a car auction in Kings Lynn today. After a 3 hour drive I parked outside a building and was walking away to get to the auction across the road when a guy called after me and asked if the car was mine. Apparently he is restoring a G60 himself and his brother has a Storm. He said he doens't visit the forum much but is active on the Facebook group. We got chatting about Corrado's for about 10 mins. I'm just amazed that after a 3 hour drive I choose that building to park outside while he's just walking into it.

After a 6 hour round trip in bad weather the car is filthy :( Time for a wash tomorrow.

Edited by Portent