Found this under the windscreen wiper last night...

scan0001.jpg[/attachment:1emhjfha]

Made me smile all evening, if it was anyone on here, thank you for the compliments!

that's bril! A chufie with rock solid hard copy evidence to prove :lol:

Mild chufie yesterday evening - cruising along in slow lane. Motorbike dude rolls slowly by giving it the extra large thumbs up and nodding helmat head :lol:

Reckon we all get this loads so, like I said mild chuftie - still cool though 8)

The note's the best chuftie yet! Well done indeed to whoever left that; if only there were more people in the world like that. :clap: :notworthy: :salute:

cool note :notworthy:

had a weekend of chufties:

-drove to the pub friday, a mate of a mate said nice C then explained he was a police man and pointed out some roads that arnt patrolled :norty:

-when my taxi turned up there was two chaps stagering around the car comenting on it

-when parked in town some chap said nice scirocco :cuckoo:

-following a phaeton and big thumbs up came out the window as he peered into the mirror

-at the petrol station some bloke made a comment

nothin for ages then every man and his dog make a nice coment :clap:

While I was changing the light bulbs for the headlights, two alcoholics walked by and one said the other, ‘that’s a proper motor mate’, and he continued ‘it’s a f**king Scirocco!’ As they walked past and the chap saw the rear badge and said ‘it’s not a Scirocco; it’s a f**king Corrado!’

Highly amusing. :lol:

I got a note left on mine at work a month back too!

Unfortunately it was in a black and yellow plastic sticky wallet and contained a parking ticket, for me forgetting to display my parking permit ;)

i found a note on my motor the other day, it was from the missus telling me to get back inside :lol:

I got a note left on mine at work a month back too!

Unfortunately it was in a black and yellow plastic sticky wallet and contained a parking ticket, for me forgetting to display my parking permit ;)

:lol: worst kind of note left, bar the death threat.

Had an amusing moment on the way home. Had just come off the M6 and was near home when two lads driving a nearly new Audi A4 2.0 TDI came barelling down past me coming up to what is basically an empty roundabout (only one road into it and one out) which then leads up a long dual slip lane onto an A road. I thought it had to be worth a bit of a go and see how the VR coped against a modern TDI like this so as they came inside, I went round the outside of them on the roundabout and we scorched off up the slip road. Pleased to say that despite them surging initially thanks to the torque, the VR absolutely wiped the floor with them and pulled a few cars in front by the time we joined the slip road.

Got worried then though as I went to settle back down into normal driving they put the main beams on and came hoofing it up alongside me before slowing down to be level.. I looked over and they were both giving it thumbs up and then gesturing me to pull back out in front of them and give them another pasting... so I gave them a thumbs up dutifully obliged :)

After witnessing a minor bump a few weeks ago the owner of the car involved e-mailed me this, does it count as a chuftie? :lol:

You may remember the little old lady running in to the back of my Nissan GT-R a few weeks back in Hagley ( I was looking in my rear view mirror and saw her facing and talking to her friend as she approached my car…she was well in to her 80’s ) Anyway just to let you know that despite the fact she hit the back of the Nissan with quite an Impact there was only a scuff which polished out so I’m not making a claim……..mind you my neck has started to hurt…LOL

Just thought I would let you know what transpired as you kindly gave me your details as a witness.

Nice Classic Scirocco by the way

I was tempted to correct his faux-pas, especially as he was in the motor trade... but then I found out he sold Evo's, so I let him off for not knowing about real cars... :tongue:

You should reply mate and just say "Not a problem.. always been a fan of those Datsuns so was the least I could do!" ;)

Bit of a late chufty, but was in the park near us (nuttall) with the missus and my little girl, when we went back to the Corrado, i noticed a chap walking away from it, when he saw that the Corrado was mine he walked back over and said he had just been admiring my car, saying it looked very well and asking how suitable it was with the littl'un as he was wanting to get one, i told him it was suprisingly practical. He had a mk3 Golf GTI 16v. Noice chap.

Not the best chufty compared to some overe the last few pages but felt it was worth mentioning.

Tom :D

ordered some parts from euro car, counter guy asked what they were for, i said "corrado", he said "nice" :lol:

My daughter had a male friend round the other week and they sat at the computer doing what teens do and he noticed my VR6 rear badge on the desk (I've yet to refit it after having paint done) and he started asking my daughter about it. Next minute he came up to me and says 'have you got a Corrado?' I say 'yes' and he says 'wow I love Corrado's' so I showed him. Then he starts talking about old Golfs and Polo's saying he wants one soon as he can get shut of his Corsa.

Now this lad is only 20 and it amazes me that a youth of this age brought up on more modern stuff has eyes for the older VW.

Nice Classic Scirocco by the way [/i]

Yeahh i have had that one before!!:L

My fave admirer was a lady in her late 60s!! She came upto me in a carpark about a month ago and asked if the car was mine! I had just been on some open roads giving the car a thrashing so nervously admitted i was the driver, thinking she was going to have a go about my driving but she proceeded to tell me how she always had scirrocos and always wanted a corrado! I didnt see what she is driving now though!!

well at the moment I thinking the unthinkable and looking to sell my rado, however a couple of evenings ago I was queuing in traffic, the other side of the road was also at a stand still, a couple of cars ahead on the other side I see this guy clock my wheels (just polished, looking very shiny in the sun!), i see him nod to himself and smile and then as we passed each other he gave me a thumbs up and a 'nice car mate'

...now honestly do you ever get that kind of reaction with any other car? To make people compelled to actually make a positive comment to a complete stranger is pretty amazing, especially in this day and age where just saying hello to the wrong person might get you a kickin, surely I'd be daft to sell it :cuckoo:

...now honestly do you ever get that kind of reaction with any other car? To make people compelled to actually make a positive comment to a complete stranger is pretty amazing, especially in this day and age where just saying hello to the wrong person might get you a kickin, surely I'd be daft to sell it :cuckoo:

I gave a massive thumbs up to whale-tale porsche the other day on the motorway, it was black and looked so cool and evil. i've always loved them in black since Condorman, and the guy looked really chuffed when I did it.

My daughter had a male friend round the other week and they sat at the computer doing what teens do and he noticed my VR6 rear badge on the desk (I've yet to refit it after having paint done) and he started asking my daughter about it. Next minute he came up to me and says 'have you got a Corrado?' I say 'yes' and he says 'wow I love Corrado's' so I showed him. Then he starts talking about old Golfs and Polo's saying he wants one soon as he can get shut of his Corsa.

Now this lad is only 20 and it amazes me that a youth of this age brought up on more modern stuff has eyes for the older VW.

Class thats how to make an immpression :D

I gave a massive thumbs up to whale-tale porsche the other day on the motorway, it was black and looked so cool and evil. i've always loved them in black since Condorman, and the guy looked really chuffed when I did it.

Very true - never know what someone might do or say. But therein lies the beauty of ownership / appreciation. People will know your a good egg (absolute legend :lol: ) when your driving a C, so they feel safe in showing appreciation.

It's win-win :lol:

I always make a point of making a tit of myself in showing love for classic cars, old Porsches / cool Audi coupes & avants, the rare Renault 5 GT Turbo, old 8 series beemers...you know the sort. Had one young dude in a very cool looking white MK3 GTi (big fan of the black trim against white look) and he partically pulled himself out (off :ignore: ) of his drivers window while sat at traffic lights, to show his love for the 'raddo. That kind've commitment and blatant disregard for ones own safety has to be admired. I completely ignored him.

Kidd'n. We have a quick chat and thumbs up. :salute:

the above is true - re-inforced today by another chuftie

a guy in a caterham gave the C a smile and a nod today on my way home. chufties always mean more when the come from a fellow enthusiast, especially outside of the VAG stable...