Sign in to follow this  
Scruffythefirst

Dax Rush Cosworth

The last Cosworth powered super seven i saw hit 60 in 2.5 seconds. HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to have the space to build one

Would you consider a swap for my 1.5 clio??? estamated 2.5 hours to 60.

Well it's been pretty much finished about 4 times, then he decides to change something, so it comes apart again :lol:

I think it's currently finished apart from the ECU loom, exhaust and SVA test.

He was working on the loom at the weekend, so I reckon that'll be done at the weekend then it's a case of getting it to an exhaust place for them to custom-build a 3' piece of drainpipe :lol:

Ye gods, it's insane. I'll give him a kick and see if he's got any more pics tonight :D

After 9 months of doing nothing I've dumped my GF* so I can finish it :shock:

Its got wheels! Yay. Not much left to do as dinkus says - ecu loom (run out of braid and heat shrink) few fiddly jobs, powder coat the remaining bits, assemble the brakes etc, dash wiring etc, wideband lambda setup and exhaust to go.

Oh, yeah and put the scuttle back on!

Will post pics soonish. Theres not a lot to see really, its a car. In bits :D

* :oops: :evil: :mrgreen:

good man!! dont worry bout the GF. think of the fun you can have with summer coming!!!! :twisted:

should be better to drive than the cavalier, shoudnt it :wink:

good man!! dont worry bout the GF. think of the fun you can have with summer coming!!!! Twisted Evil

Exactly - I think we should re-launch the east anglian meets when the weather gets a bit better and hopefully this beast may be ready by then!

good man!! dont worry bout the GF. think of the fun you can have with summer coming!!!! Twisted Evil

Exactly - I think we should re-launch the east anglian meets when the weather gets a bit better and hopefully this beast may be ready by then!

sounds like a plan, count me in :D

a cossie engined wardrobe

a derv c

a charged vr c

a g60

an a couple of vr's for good measure :lol:

sorry for :offtopic1:

Well it runs.

Some slight issues, it appears the turbo is not healthy, sounds like the kettle is well and truly on, TPS is on backwards (no way to tell) so its trying to dump enough fuel in for 100% throttle at idle.

Had a little fun with a petrol Geyser having forgotten to tighten the high pressure line from the fuel pump.

pics and vid to follow (ignore what I'm saying in it, I know sod all really about turbos)

such a typical vid,, i love that 1st time u start it up and see which bits u messed up on,,, it looks class btw

well impressed

I visited a chap last week who is fitting a 1.8 turbo Nissan 200sx engine in his Dax.

Always wanted to build a car myself one day.....must resist

looks awesome well done , bet u can't wait to take it out :thumbleft: :salute:

Hugh, just watched it - superb!

Was that the first turn of the key?? - If so I'm impressed especially as you built your own loom!

Like the VAG expansion tank :wink:

Awesome.

That sums it up nicely!

Maan I'm looking fwd to having a summer east anglian meet!

Hugh - when do you think it will be on the road - maybe have a meet one of the bank hol weekends in may?

the camera bloke definately was a bit northern.

nice effort though scruff, certainly looks the part.

Might be a bit of a personal question, but have you any idea how much the dax has set you back? I would love to build one, and if the corrado I am building doesnt float my boat I may well sell it on and go for one myself.

Oooooooooooh good stuff - doesn't sound nearly as insane as I was expecting :lol:

Sorry I missed the innaugural start, I was having much fun with Audioscape wiring :(

I shall pop over later and take a look tho :D

the camera bloke definately was a bit northern.

Yeah, he can't help it he's from cullercoats.

Might be a bit of a personal question, but have you any idea how much the dax has set you back? I would love to build one, and if the corrado I am building doesnt float my boat I may well sell it on and go for one myself.

I ended up doing everything the right way (expensive) with new bits and lots of shiny bits so its cost me lots, however you could build one for 12k I'd guess.

Be cheaper to buy one i expect, or re-engine a cheap one, something like a crossflow westfield is 4-6k and an engine swop would be about 3k

Unfotunately It needs a new turbo, having taken it out, fiddled with it and put it back in, I had to take it out as its donald ducked. Going to make SVA difficult on friday with no turbo.

not to mention the dash had to come out to fix the poxy british leyland wiper motor.