Sign in to follow this  
Scruffythefirst

Dax Rush Cosworth

Nothing like cutting it fine :lol:

Good to hear you've managed to get hold of a new turbo tho 8)

I shall see you bright and breezy Friday morning for the SVA*

*oh god, oh god, oh god please don't let me die

*oh god, oh god, oh god please don't let me die

Oh ye of little faith, how many cars have you killed?

Anyway, its not going anywhere anytime soon. Apparently a 4wd oil pump pickup pipe wont work with a 2wd sump. A second hand 2wd pickup pipe and new matching oil pump is £250. Cut and shut coming up methinks.

New SVA date 24th may although might get a cancelation :( :roll:

This has to come down to the next Stealth RR Day.. whenever that is! :)

I haven't really gone all out to make something fast, its more of a tourer - full windscreen, heater, wipers etc so its a bit lardy. I've got an idea for a proper fast one, that should be over 1000bhp / ton but i've got to finish this one first.

I'm expecting circa 700kg and 280 - 300bhp, with the same torque. New turbo will see 340 ish, a little headwork, cams and solid lifters will see 8.5k redline and probably 400ish on top of the new turbo. Should be at the next stealth day, but I'm not sure if it will have been properly mapped by then.

*news just in*

Pickup pipe is back, been brazed back together by pace (they make dry sump systems, rads etc - so they should know what they're doing).

th_IMG_1063.jpg

And a shiny one of the modified front pulley for the aftermarket ecu.

th_IMG_1006.jpg

I haven't really gone all out to make something fast, its more of a tourer - full windscreen, heater, wipers etc so its a bit lardy.

Tourer luxury and lardy being relative terms in a car that has a windscreen and a passenger seat as 'added extras' :lol:

That will still be a power to weight ratio of between 400 and 571 hp per tonne, even in 'luxury' spec :-)

Stealth's rollers only go up to 200kw, but it'll still be good to see it on there! Baggsy me come up as a passenger in it :-)

You'll have to lay off the pies tho Kev, otherwise you'll upset the power:weight ratio too much :lol:

I saw a car very similar to this smashed up on the M6 on saturday, (kit car, cosworth engine) hope it wasn't this beauty!

I saw a car very similar to this smashed up on the M6 on saturday, (kit car, cosworth engine) hope it wasn't this beauty!

Nah - it's not been SVA'd yet...

I've recently had to get a KTM250SX motocross bike through an SVA test so my mate can register it for the road. What an absolute nightmare. It seemed like they were making the rules up on the spot to me, but arguing gets you nowhere. I hope you have a better time of it with them!