Sign in to follow this  
Scruffythefirst

Dax Rush Cosworth

Yeah, the VW loom tape looks dead special after 10yrs in a Corrado...what? None of it left you say?... :lol:

Yeah well, have a look under the bonnet of an X5 3.0d and you'll see all the engine looms bound with insulating tape!! I'm not kidding.... it looks like Halfords installed the engine.....

could be a little scary rwd, especially in the wet 8)

:lol: no, no, it's gonna be down right terrifying in the dry and just inconceivable in the wet! :D

And Kev, it's an X5, it'll get thrown out and replaced the same time as the laydee's shoes and handbag, so who cares about longevity? :lol:

I'll have you all know i've bound most of the loom in proper harwall tubing wrapped with proper almalgamating loom tape. A few wires have had flexible nylon braided sheath as required.

I also had to go back a step to go forward :D

IMG_0692.jpg

Now we've got the bodywork on (just taped in position for the moment untill I go get some more glue and work out exactly how its supposed to fit :D)

IMG_0703.jpg

And a random one of the engine halfway through build

IMG_0391.jpg

Ah nice one, almost looks like a proper car with the bodywork on. I'll have to come ogle this evening.

Looks somewhat fallus like without any wheels, don't you think? You could just put the rear arches on as well to complete the look ;)

You could just put the rear arches on as well to complete the look Wink

Need wheels and front suspension first so they go in the right place and you know how much hassle its been to find wheels, as in I haven't :(

Ohh and my cheque bounced close of play yesterday

Wooo found some wheels that will probably fit (Large birmingham screwdriver req.) Can't afford split rims (too much engine) although i'd like a set ideally

e.jpg

or these

a.jpg

Both will require a spacer of 10-12mm at the back....

Oh bum-hole about the cheque... and after the rant you got as well :roll: :mad:

See I like the 5-spokes, but I think the others will look better on the Dax...

i think azev A's (second ones down) are goooorgeous...

but for this car, i would imaginethe top ones to look best. imo of course :D

Well a little update, its been a while. Settled on the Azev A's as nothing else was available in ford fitement. They look pretty good on 7 style cars so thats cool. However, they've taken pretty much 3 months to get here, and they're still not here. I'm not happy.

However, the shiny bits are coming along, custom radiator is in and theres a load more bits en route, just need a few paychecks from my new job and she'll be done. Hopefully she wont end up in a hedge....

th_IMG_0902.jpg th_IMG_0903.jpg

Hee hee, looks good. Getting the cover machined was definitely a good call 8)

I hope you'll be letting me know when you come to fire her up for the first time... ;)

However, the shiny bits are coming along, custom radiator is in and theres a load more bits en route, just need a few paychecks from my new job and she'll be done. Hopefully she wont end up in a hedge....

Dont let Dinkus drive it then ;) :)