Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Yesterday I changed my broken gearbox mount for a solid rubber mk2 Golf Diesel mount, and then took the front end off to change my rad (engine rocked forward when the mount broke and smashed the radiator).

Going to VW today to pick up coolant so I can fill the car up again and drive it!! Woot woot! Also getting my nice new leather gearknob from the stealers too!

Think I might remove my rear wiper too today if the weather holds up!

Oh, and hopefully my wheel shop will have taken collection of my 17's!!!... but propbably not... I don't think I've waited long enough for them yet.. 6 weeks and counting.

yesterday i swapped the front porsche adapters for 25mm ones instead of 20mm,gives it a slightly better stance i think.

also fitted an fk debadged grill.

neil. :D

what have i done...umm took out engine and gearbox,cleaned gearbox and painted it silver,just started degreasing the engine

yesterday i swapped the front porsche adapters for 25mm ones instead of 20mm,gives it a slightly better stance i think.

Yep, looks perfect.... probably handles better and tramlines less aswell?

found a fuel leak thank god smell was driving me mad! cleaned and oiled my filter, struggled and swore at the top plastic tensioner for the serp belt its bolt is rounded out and access is non existent it will wait till the charger comes out! pulley is only a bit cracked round the edge!

OT, but Riley, how does your wiper work if it parks on the body like that??

:oops: id just replaced the wiper blade and didnt sit it back properly,tucks under the side rubber nicely. 8)

Yep, looks perfect.... probably handles better and tramlines less aswell?

cheers m8,cant really feel much difference with the state of the roads round here,and im having to take it easy as every now and again the charger knocks :? .

neil.

Got the car serviced from the Stealers, changed the brake fluid and changed my front brake pads from OE to Pagid Fast Roads

And even though these haven't been bedded in yet, they feel a lot better than they did before the change, I assume the brake fluid change will have a part to play in that too.

Car feels like new... :-D

not done anything on mine as i've still not got my grubby hands on it!!! hopefully get it this week tho!

Changed all 3 engine mounts, VF front, golf mk3 gearbox mount and a normal rear. Engine hardly moves at all now (unlike before when it tried to jup out of the car on idle!)

drove her today! feeling really nice mpg is much improved since i found the leak was cruising at 32mpg was 25 max before! she is pulling so hard now cant wait for my water injection!

Tinted rear side windows, fitted badgeless grill, full tank of Petrol, put injector cleaner in her, hovered and ordered grill spoiler off ebay.

Fitted my shiny new loom (courtesy of H100VW) this morning, just got back from a spin and I could see where I was going!

Not done anything to mine in the last week - been too busy with scarlett! The car, not the driver... ;)

So far, I've:

Changed plugs, leads, dizzy cap and Budweiser'd the coil

Drained, flushed and refilled the coolant, and new stat and fan switch

Had engine bay steam cleaned

Fixed central locking

Partially fixed ignition wiring (at least she starts now!)

Replaced broken passenger handle with de-locked Passat handle

Top tinted the rear lights and fitted smoked side repeaters

Sprayed wiper arms and f&r badges black

Had tracking and alignment sorted

Fitted re-trimmed Alcantara front seats (actually, that was dinkus and Supercharged!)

Returned stereo wiring to factory ISO connector (damn it was a mess!)

Fitted G60 BBS temporarily til new wheels get bought/collected (much thanks to Phil K for the lend :))

Re-fitted falling-off side trims

Damn good hoover, clean, polish and wax!

Now she's ready for NR tonight!

Tinted rear side windows

Pleeeease tell me you didn't leave any bubbles in it...

Not done anything to mine in the last week - been too busy with scarlett! The car, not the driver... ;)

So far, I've:

Fixed central locking

Fitted re-trimmed Alcantara front seats (actually, that was dinkus and Supercharged!)

Fitted G60 BBS temporarily til new wheels get bought/collected (much thanks to Phil K for the lend :))

Pah, is that all?! Slacker :lol:

well not today, but drove to caerphilly south wales and picked up these seats, with the info that reaper1_3 has given me i hope they will be fitted next week :D

Finally got the rado back today :D after 3 weeks off the road just had new cam belt, new head gasket, new front wheel bearings, new power steering pump, couple of new radiator hoses and a new radiator thermostat

Hopefully that should be it on the maintenance side of things for a while :roll:

I just put my nice Pioneer MP3/CD head unit into the 'rado and ditched the old Kenwood MD player into the Golf. Hurrah.

It did baffle me for a bit tho cos the Pioneer wouldn't work in the 'rado... then I realised I'd pulled the live wire out of the back of the DIN connector :oops: worked after that :D

fitted heated leather from a rado storm (yes i know its the same as any vr leather but metioning storm sounds far more impressive). Made a list! oh yes i made a list of everything i want lowvento to polish and powder coat everything i want to buy and all the jobs i can do now but cant be arsed as they are boring!

So far, I've:

Fixed central locking

pfft.... lightweight....

what happened to my oil change??? guess i'll have to do that myself then.... :roll:

pfft.... lightweight....

what happened to my oil change??? guess i'll have to do that myself then.... :roll:

whupishhh :lol:

Fitted a Vibratech front engine mount and replaced a cracked water flange, also fitted the audioscape door pods that I bought months ago!