Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Well walked by it in the garage and gave it a swift kick only on the tyre dont want to cause any more damage!!! going to cost me enough to sort out as it is!!!!

Currently in I hate my rado mode!!!

put the bonnet on i got from chrisp absolutely spot on cheers mate! gave it a clean so the body shop dont have to hope to get it back in time for santa pod this weekend,, wishful thinking but you never know!

I was planning on putting on the summer wheels, and then mr. winter decided on a mike jordan-style over time comeback with a nice snow storm.

I'm getting my car back tomorrow, and I'll give it its spring cleaning soon. I got a ton of parts to put on it too, so I'll be busy.

I can't wait for my car to be back on the road!

I recently replaced the aux water pump.

Doesn't sound like much, but that's advanced stuff for a mechanical ignoramus like me. :D

Replaced bonnet cable (not taking any chances after the grief I had getting Phil's open!) and broken clip, changed gearbox oil for Silkolene Silktran Syn 5 (mmmm, smoothness), changed engine oil and oil filter.

Took engine cover off to allow easier access for throttle body replacement, then discovered I need a 6mm allen key bit to remove the TB, and that happens to be the one I lost. Arse. :lol: Decided to colour-code engine cover instead...

Swapped out the 16v/G60 H&R springs for VR ones(after much research these are a better combo of spring and damper) and also fitted the earlier type of VR top mount assembly to the front.

Riding much much nicer now and lost the teeth juddering crash that you get from using the 16v/G60 top mounts.

Checked all the torque loadings on the subframe and suspension bits on the front, with the cars weight on its wheels. Discovered the front subframe to car big bolt (Not the one that you access through the wishbone, but the one that holds that rear wishbone bush in) was around 1 and half turns lose from its torque of 130nm. This was a new bolt (along with all the others) that were changed when I did my suspension upgrades/rebushing about 2 years ago but only around 8k mileage wise. I am wondering if the load was correct when fitted by due to the car being on axle stands and the droop caused by the wishbones loading the bush you get a false torque load?

Is this where the clunk noise is coming from? None of the other bolts had come loose either....

- Sorted why the locking petrol flap wasn't locking (rod had pulled out of pump)

- Retumbled drivers door lock to fit to fit the key that operates the rest of the locks

- Fiddled around with the HU then put it back to how I found it! Swore while trying to get the bloody thing back in!

- 'Bout it..... Oh yeah and cleaned the interior!

Did quite a few things:

- washed the car thoroughly inside & out

- cleansed, polished and fitted original air filter box with new OE panel air filter

- refitted radiator cover (which I found under the seat)

- took out the seats for the first time, and vacuumed the entire carpet, mats & seats

- fitted new style grille to my old style car, and realized the old owner had cut out new holes in the slam panel. Easy fit for me, but horrible discovery. The earlier owner of this car should be beaten to death with a stick. The grille looked awesome though :)

I checked my old one out on the web and wished I still owned it and that I had enough money to buy it again! :)

Took out my exterior window scraper seals and scrubbed them clean, unbelievable amounts of black crap came off them!

Windows sound nicer in action now.

Returned the car to RAC windscreens for its weekly visit

cos the water is pishing in

I swear there is no glass in the car,the amount of water its let in.

Thankgod its in the garage most of the time and quickly getting pissed off with these monkeys

Got a 4 wheel alignment adjustment post suspension spring change and top mount swap.

Just leaves a clean and polish to do before the RR on Sunday!

today i dyna matted my drivers door and fitted my audioscape door pod with seas speaker,and broke my passenger side door handle had to fit one from an early corrado from the scrapyard..and booked the car in for an mot on monday

fitted a new toothed belt and solid tensioner to replace the dead tensioner that's caused the engine to spit out 3 kit-form belts in the last week.... :roll:

Gonna enjoy the journey home now safe in the knowledge that I'm not gonna snap another belt... 8)

over last 2 days :wink: ive been busy 8)

Before:

heres pic of my trusty £500 bought in oct 05, 1.8 16v raddo :wink:

corra--split.jpg

Heres its new look after being a new member on the forum for a week and a half :roll:

you lot are a bad influence :lol:

now from standard to sat on BK 17s,Smoked Rear lens's,eyebrow spoiler,then next front ends getting dropped :wink:

heres so far :wink:

3.jpg

fitted new carpets, seats and all interior plastics, new trimsport rear strutbrace fitted very well no trimming or fiddling required at all! and fitted my audioscape sub back into the boot, tomorrow will fit front door cards clean it all down inside. Then ill drop her back to weed scraping mode and give her a wash and wax with the 100 quids worth of meguiars i have sitting here and finally put the splits on for the first time!! expect lots of pics this weekend!!!

Today I drove my G60 to work and back without really thinking or worrying about it...

...that may not sound all that much, but it's the first time since E38 last year that I've been able to do that!!! :lol:

Drove mine under 3000rpm. Boring, for another 40 miles today, just to run the charger in.

And realised that both the door handles have now given up the ghost. really need to fit the new ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aint no fun climbing in the boot