Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fixed two things that have been wrong since I first bought it - the rust around the number plate light (and got the light working as well) and the rear wash wipe lives again.

Also made a big long list of all the other bits that want/need doing :roll:

At last I can post in this thread...

What did I do in my corrado today...

I got my MOT :D

So after 5 months I got to drive it. Sweeeeeeet.

A good feeling to sit at lights whilst peoples face's always say

"What is that car"

Ahh 250 miles and my Gwerks charger will be run in. :wink:

After that some right foot fun.

Today I have mostly been putting new rubber on the front, getting the ride height just right and then had a full geometry session.

I can't believe how well it handles now! Feels like it's on rails round roundabouts :) :) :)

Ooh - then I also just changed the windscreen wiper motor. Which is nice.

sorted my rear spoiler problem with a spoiler motor/mech from B5VWC cheers mate, :D then filled my car up with optimax, ready for the trip to buy the girlfriends seat ibiza in the morning, £75.60 please sir, FFS. :shock:

failed the MOT... :(

Then made up and put on 2 new rear brake pipes and freed up the brake compensator to sort all the problems only to find that I can't get a new certificate until mid next week due to the new computerised MOT system :mad:

Still, only £25 for the bits to sort the car and get it though it's MOT isn't bad for a 250BHP 15 year old car is it I suppose... 8)

Results from todays efforts...

Refitted inlet manifold after it was polished - all with new bolts etc

Cleaned some more engine bay 8)

Fitted VW centres to alloys

Refitted rear badges

New anti roll bar drop links both sides

refitted innr arches + brake ducts

Converted outside air temp to inlet temp

Fitted some other spangly polished bits

Replaced exsisting side repeaters with smoked ones

Refitted wing mirrors after drilling out the orig bolts to get them off for paint !!

Replacd some more screws with stainless ones 8)

Final prep for MOT on tues

Is this actually safe to do? Thought the ECU would need this?

What temps you getting and how quick does it react/temperature change.

Cool none the less. 8)

Just finished tinting my tail lights 8) ... and also discovered oil all over one of the spark plugs :? ...

Opened bonnet to take battery out... slammed bonnet when realised I'd forgotten to bring a philips head screw driver with me to remove the cover :roll:

there's always tomorrow...

fitted golf g60 fmic and removed the old strut brace then the heavens opened and i got soaked,,theres always tomorrow eh phil!

Toothed belt conversion and full live remap with G-Werks. Hmmm, tasty....

Even managed to clean it today, in the 1 hour between the rain.

Weekend efforts included:

Stripped, cleaned and soundproofed both doors.

Took manky foam off the inside of the bonnet, got pi$$ed of with trying to get the old glue off >> then got rained on

Although the heavens opened and i was soaked through... replaced rocker cover gasket and crankshaft oil seal....

NEVER AGAIN..............................................

Ahhh, fitted a sh*t shield from a VR over my power steering belt and lower part of the toothed belt, the idea being to prolong the life of the toothed belt.

Easy enough to fit if you have axle stands or a trolley jack, not quite so easy with the normal jack and a brick under the front wheels. Also the heavens opened, but heh, done now.

Put my new Oz wheels on :D

23-05-06_1849.jpg

(pic is taken on my mobile, in bright sunlight, and for some reason has changed my lovely Aqua Blue VR Black)

Pic actually looks really good quality, seeing as it was taken on a mobile, and the quality was reduced as I sent it in a text :D

looking good dave! i tried to remove all the exhaust manifold bolts but gave up on the last two as i was getting bored! looks like new head will be going on after my holiday as the headset didnt arrrive today so ill get on with the little jobs tomorrow.

cheers mate :)

when I first saw them (went to collect them) I thought wtf are these?!?!?!?!, they are huge, and I thought the same when I tried to fit them under the arches, but after taking a few double takes I rwally like them

I assume 17" would be 17", but when I measured them they are 18" in dia, but my standard speedlines are over 15 so.........

its the first time I have measured wheels, be gentle

rims always change the look of a car, Dave is the VR lowered or is that next on the list??

I messed abt with centre armrest again, I cant seem to stop it rubbing on adusters.. maybe its time for some recaros lol

Dave is the VR lowered or is that next on the list??

Ooooh, you can't tell? ;)

still on the agricultural ride height i'm afraid.

Coilovers are next on the list, in a couple of week (I get paid in a week)

edit: That was good, just popped down to see Graham_E and picked up my new Rear window spoiler, and he were talking about Coilovers :)

Took every bit of interior trim off the drivers side to replace the door seal. Fun job.

Also got my AFR working. Novel one this, I actually connected the wire to the correct pin on the sensor - the garage I took it to had decided it would be a much better signal by hooking it up to one of the heater wires instead :shock: :roll:

fitted leather interior and replaced all plastic trim over the weekend and fitted moon roof from a passat using the sliding tan panel from an octavia to match the tan headlining. Fitted induction kit and debadged front grill/

Then gave it a clean......interiors still bogging