Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

well after havin a bad experience with a bodyshop,instead of plastic weldin me front bumper it was just filled :?

anyway thats cracked,so after havin no joy tryin to find another bodyshop that would weld up the plate recess,i decided to have a blast myself :D

so armed we my trusty knife,gas solderin iron i got stuck in (well its kinda plastic weldin ) :lol:

pics so far

donor bumper

DSC00071.jpg

tryin for size

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

let the weldin begin

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

after the 1st stage of weldin i made some plastic weldin rods to secure the join :D

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

only about halfway through it,but it feels really strong already,should be sound when i get to usin the special platic bumper filler i bought to finish it off 8)

This weekend I finally whipped out my 6x9's and parcel shelf and fitted some nice Lanzar Neo 4x6's into the factory location and fitted my new uncut parcel shelf.. problem is my puny head unit hasn't got enough juice to drive either those or the Infinity Kappa speakers in the dash so whilst the treble is really nice and clear and sharp, there is next to no bass! I think I need an active sub or something...

And then today picked up a nice leather VR6 steering wheel which is now on :) The VR wheel feels totally different to the 2.0 16v one, in a very good way!

erm, we did this....

It is intentional.....honest.

watcha doin?

sorry nosey

:)

Getting new piston rings and the bores honed. Thought at the same time i'd get the head rebuilt, as it has done 180k and it all has to come out anyway, and some general engine bay tidying. Hopefully all in time for E38. If not, at least it will all be sorted :)

washed myn.... 8)

i havent done that for a few months lol oh once in holland apart from that, but that was coz i wasnt myself ;)

Wow, Nikki- 180K! That must be getting on for 50K since you've had it?!

Removed the cat heatshield (no more buzzing! 8) ), changed the C-pillar trim which was falling apart, padded the rear axle (knocking exhaust) and adjusted the rear coilies to stiffest setting. Will prob change 'em back tomorrow- car felt a bit skittish.

not technically done myself, but had the aircon regassed. Nice and cool cabin now :D

Fitted a new genuine VAG expansion tank to replace the GSF one i'd put on a month or two ago. For some reason the GSF one would not allow the dash coolant level warning light plug to clip on, so i've been driving around since then with the temp warning LED flashing. Its driven me bonkers! Put the VAG one on and lo and behold it connects up fine... :)

GSF one is going back for a refund on Monday!

Tomorrow i'm off down to 2CC's workshop to fit some recently acquired MK4 rear calipers and Goodridge braided hoses all round :) :)

How much was the OE expansion tank Jim, I want to tidy up my engine bay some more and its something I'd like to replace

Can't remeber off the top of my head mate.. the reciept isn't to hand. Think it was approx £29..? Not too bad I guess.

It does brighten up the bay nicely - and its nice to be able to clearly see how much coolant you have in there :)

Got the Rado back from the bodyshop after my rear end was recently shunted. Very happy with the results and they touched up some other bits and pieces without me asking :D

Edit - Got more shiny bits today to replace under the bonnet.

Busy one today, piccies to follow in my thread.

Cleaned and painted calipers red......

Colour coded door handles........

Colour coded the rear number plate surround..........

Finally fixed my horn & touched up some stone chips

Busy Busy Busy.

Cant wait for the bonnet to come back now 8)

today i brought the rado out the garage,shes been resting for 5 weeks,back with a vengeance!

1.removed snorkel from bottom of airbox

2.fitted a new aerial

3.fitted a shiny battery cover

4.repolished the borbets

5.gave it a thorough going over before putting the tyres to the tarmac

got a wee car show in Hamilton 2 morra,should be good!

Got the Rado back from the bodyshop after my rear end was recently shunted. Very happy with the results and they touched up some other bits and pieces without me asking :D

Edit - Got more shiny bits today to replace under the bonnet.

ooh, where are those shiny bits from?! 8)

Made them myself.

Come on Dave you know better than to just knock up a set for yourself :lol:

I will have a set too please!

Well, today, while my Father had a few beers in the sun shiiiiiine, i took the C to get washed and by fluck did it look alot better after. oh and not forgeting the most important thing..i got it a new airfreshner!! magic tree, new car scent of course :D lol

Heres a few pics :D

14635887a5349951845l.jpg

14635887a5349952049l.jpg

14635887a5349952365l.jpg

Changed the gearbox oil for Castrol SMX-S fully synth. The gear change was OK before, but the new oil has really transformed it. Really silky smooth change now.

Made them myself.

Come on Dave you know better than to just knock up a set for yourself :lol:

I will have a set too please!

I'll get some pics up when I get chance. I can do more but it does take time to get these things together and I don't like to let people down when things don't got to plan.

I'll get some pics up when I get chance. I can do more but it does take time to get these

things together and I don't like to let people down when things don't got to plan.

No worries mate :-) whenever you get a chance, looking forward to seeing how they tidy up the engine bay

should imagine they look very nice 8)

finally got round to using the clay and scratch-x which I've had for months. Very distressed but not at all surprised to find many, many tiny scratches etc which I didn't know about after claying. Glad I did it though.

Also hit 140k :cry: on the way to pick up some SRP from Halfords, which was closed :roll:

tomorrows plans - SRP, re-clean headlining, might even see if there's some blackberry paint under what is prob 12yrs of dirt in the wheel arches... what else are bank holiday weekends for??!!

tomorrows plans - SRP, re-clean headlining, might even see if there's some blackberry paint under what is prob 12yrs of dirt in the wheel arches... what else are bank holiday weekends for??!!

Bloody hell! This wheel arch cleaning seems to be catching... I think I know where you got the habit from though ;)

I've just spent an hour looking for a screwdriver bit in my engine bay. Finally turned up in a chassis rail. Have taken the air filter out and shaken any filth out, cleaned all the inlet pipework, cleaned out the throttle body, glued my flametrap back together, fitted a blue temp sender, played with the logging capabilities of vagcom, fitted a centre sunvisor( 8) ) and left dirty handprints all over the shop.

Couldn't be bothered to take the rocker cover off to look at the tensioner.

I refitted my bumper again and managed to close the gap underneath the grill :D

Feeling flush I attempted to sort the loose rubbers on the droplinks but thought

better of it and went to the pub :lol: