Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

the passenger side door handle decided to give up on me last night( from the look of some of the forum subject this is quite common) so i spent a couple of hours retumbling the locks as have never had a key that fits the doors got the new handle on the passneger side just got to fit the new barrel on the driver side next and then fit the new ignition and boot lock along with the rest of my to do list :)

Drove it to Notts and back still gets the looks off other envious drivers as they pootle past in their poop boxes

Took G60 for a fast run today, the car is a legend, Bournemouth to Chichester in 55mins, 160k on the clock & running as well as it ever did especially since charger was replaced a few months ago.

22nd Birthday for my little angel. Took her for a batter round the back lanes of Renfrewshire, a big drink of V-Power then to bed. She has to be up early tomorrow to take me to work. Aaaaw!!!

Changed my foliage seal and took the door cards off so that I can have a go at the membranes tomorrow. Also took out the underlay and carpet to dry them out. Reminds me of my first car, a 1984 Mk2 that suffered similar troubles.

I haven't done anything to it today but it got lots of belated Christmas presents in the post:

2 x Halfords Industrial tool chests.

A 3/8 torque wrench.

A 7 litre oil drain jerry can.

A pair of JL C3-650 speakers.

I think I'll be busy tomorrow :)

got my c insured, took it for mot. passed with no advisories which was good. then taxed and went for first proper drive in ages... ice gray voilet glowed like ultraviolet under mot stations high presure sodium lights. looked mad...

another door lock sorted and fitted now both front doors work off a key just the boot and the ignition to do now also got the central consol finally secured and sitting nice :) jobs agoodun as they say :)

found out why my number plate lights are not working ( and probably the cause of my loom burning itself out ) all fixed lights work just got to replace the looms now :)

:)

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

found out why my number plate lights are not working ( and probably the cause of my loom burning itself out ) all fixed lights work just got to replace the looms now :)

:)

Been stood out in the snow tonight with a mate, taking the charger blank off the charger to measure up for some new flanges to make a twin inlet jobbie.

Drew some racing stripes using the snow before my journey to work...

not even thinking of taking nugget out in the snow time for the golf to earn its tax

Fitted inpro headlights and new centre console.

Also fixed the heater controls as one if the dials didn't work correctly.

Fixed both wiper arms that had come loose and jammed in the middle of the windscreen..... aaaargh!

One 'show' wheel split and re-polished, Just three to go.

done the boot lock just the ignition to go on locks now sorted the number plate lights out with new(er) better condition lens and tidied up the boot ready for some soundproofing and refitting the carpet took it for a drive just to make sure she was running right

---------- Post added at 4:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:26 PM ----------

done the boot lock just the ignition to go on locks now sorted the number plate lights out with new(er) better condition lens and tidied up the boot ready for some soundproofing and refitting the carpet took it for a drive just to make sure she was running right

Had a play with two Lupo passenger arms and standard Lupo blades. Passenger side is perfect but the driver's side is 1.5 inches too long when in the vertical position. I'll take 1.5 inches out of the arm, re-weld it and after a quick smooth, prime and some satin black I reckon I'll be there. Very neat compared to the standard wipers ........ well pleased. Many thanks to Supercharged for all the parts.

P1270016.jpg

P1270015.jpg

Had a play with two Lupo passenger arms and standard Lupo blades. Passenger side is perfect but the driver's side is 1.5 inches too long when in the vertical position.

Leon263, I'm certain I have 2 pax Lupo arms on mine, I have the blades from a Polo i think. They fit perfectly with the Lupo arms. If it helps I can look through my receipts and find the part numbers of the blades?

Leon263, I'm certain I have 2 pax Lupo arms on mine, I have the blades from a Polo i think. They fit perfectly with the Lupo arms. If it helps I can look through my receipts and find the part numbers of the blades?

That would be great, I'll hold off for a day or two.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

That would be great, I'll hold off for a day or two.