Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Rear NS ABS sensor renewed last night, so yippee no more ABS light illuminating the car.

winner!! that is a good result

bloody rain - pre-emptive post with hope the sun is out on the weekend as I must get the drivers door card off the VR & tackle the membrane as had another puddle this morning & could see the trickle line coming from the bottom of the door

Gained another years MOT for the car with no advisories :)

good result Ray

my VR also got a fresh ticket last week with zero advisories - it is a good feeling isn't it :)

Got it running better than ever with new bosche fuel pump new fuel filter new vac hoses and had some fuel line cleaner run through system best that 16v has ever run shame it's coming out a few weeks lol

Carried out an oil and filter change, and MOT'd.

Passed with no advisory, plus lots of nice comments from the garage and customers on its condition.

[ATTACH]83492[/ATTACH]

Finally fitted one of the refurbed old skool OZ POLARIS wheels that came with the car. I've even found someone that could replicate the badges. Just need to find the centre caps at a reasonable price, although I'm wondering if VW centre caps would look better.

(1fitted wheel=1small step for mankind)

Been polishing buffing the rims also got some red bbs centres badges from eBay fake but good quality.0329741d749bbf7952369359329da21b.jpg

Nice! You booked in for the National day yet J ?

Sorry jezr won't be going its to far away for me to travel in all honesty. If it was more local then definitely I'd be up for it..

Parked mine up again, back in the Audi, managed 2000miles before something broke so not bad at all. :lol:

replaced both rear wheel bearings, started the process of half tinting the rear lights aswel, we will soon see how they turn out

Found out it needed a new master cylinder. Banged head against wall. Predictably obsolete. Expensive rebuild looms. Gotta love Corrados, nothing's ever simple :-/

mystic rado, Past Parts recondition them for about £150, but take a few weeks, or buy the seal kit from them for about £35 and do it yourself, iv just had mine refurbished and fitted recently

I was loosing pressure on my brake pedal, if you slowly press it then it will eventually drop to the floor, pressing hard quickly still kept pressure though so I got a couple weeks driving out of it before I had to make a move and get it fixed, I got a set of seals sent over and got someone to replace them for me, although the old seals looked alright.. we think the fault was with the actual cylinder barrel had lumps of corrosion so it wasn't sealing properly, so it had to be sanded down lightly

Yes, that basically, prompted by the inability to get a decent pedal feel despite new pads and discs, new rear callipers, various bleeds etc.

Cheers for the link, am I right in thinking that if they do the refurb, they re-line the cylinder with stainless steel as well as fitting the new seals? I'll probably go for that tbh, there's no real time pressure, but I guess I could get a used master cylinder and have that one done.

yeah I think at this age almost everyone is going to go through the same process, that's right, they bore out the centre then insert a shim to make it the right diameter again aswel as new seals, I have a spare master cylinder I got from someone on here incase I needed one, but don't need I anymore, you want that one?