Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Haven't got the new foam on yet - this weekends job.

Not a peep from the ABS light for a few days now (thankfully) - will get a code reader on it soon and see what the cause is when it happens next.

ha ha ha they know when to behave.....sometimes lol

raging!! after leaving my car parked in Aldi's car park opposite my work I have just noticed some inconsiderate arsehole has banged their door off mine, managed to get their paint off and there is no paintwork damage, now just to get the dent removed!

828704aa89919b4699c6bfeadd5d8355.jpg

raging!! after leaving my car parked in Aldi's car park opposite my work I have just noticed some inconsiderate arsehole has banged their door off mine, managed to get their paint off and there is no paintwork damage, now just to get the dent removed!

828704aa89919b4699c6bfeadd5d8355.jpg

Oh man not good. And even more annoying as they must have known

Maybe we need a new thread for this sort of thing.... What someone else did to my Corrado.... AKA... Dead man walking!!!

Last weekend I took my car to the GTI Festival at Santa pod. At the festival last year I ran a 17.9s 1/4 mile. This year with a 50mm inlet I ran a 16.9, 16.85, 16.88, then swapped the upper manifold for a 42mm which had been cut down 30mm and the upper section drilled out to 49mm. The times were en 16.7, 16.6, 16.8, 16.5s pretty happy about knocking 1.4s of my 1/4 time with mainly oem modifications.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82499[/ATTACH]

Part 2..... Just finished getting all the glue off ... Didn't take too long but it's a bit of a back breaker and just a tad messy! Part 3 Tomorrow .... Getting the new foam on.... e9103d29d75d7a25c047487a832ea321.jpg17b1a592a40a1a8f6010a66771019add.jpgcda0d2a592712e27541d66d1128525bb.jpg2a042f1eb7d428d7f9df3199261672a7.jpgf205e8297307f881c3547ea005a6e8f5.jpg

Got my first corrado a month ago and its been a baptism of fire. Its the VR6 AVB engine 2.865 anyway iv not really ran it far apart from 50 mile to get it from where I bought it and there was a considerable amount of pressure in the cooling pipes and came to the conclusion that the head gasket had gone so decided to strip it. Had the head pressure tested and skimmed new bolts and head gasket done and i finished today but still the same issue. Anyone got any ideas where I might of gone wrong. It blows hot and cold air fine and its not blowing water out of the expansion tank until i release the cap slightly. Do these engines run with a high water pressure though the system by any chance??? Any ideas greatly appreciated

How do you know what there is excessive pressure in the water pipes? If you open the expansion tank at all when the car is up to temperature, then yeah the water in there will look to overflow from the tank quite quickly!

(Welcome to the forum by the way!)

Hi Jim as I say its the first time iv worked on one of these engines and the engine centre said they had to take quite a lot off the head to get it flat again, also the block was pretty mancky too, So it had gone. Was just expecting less pressure in that top hose. I'm talking it goes like a rock but you think this is how they run?

Hi fendervg so after building her back up I discovered it was sucking air from the main servo pipe that starts in the brake servo and Finish's at the front of the manifold. For the life of me I can't see where the two little pipe in the middle of this big one go. Are they supposed to be blocked off or actually have a home somewhere and I'm missing a couple of little pipes? Sorry for sounding like a complete amateur by the way :/

If there's excessive pressure in the coolant system the expansion cap has a spring loaded release valve built in (providing its working) and will dump coolant on the floor

OK thanks Dox think I will whack an m.o.t on her tomorrow and give it a good few runs see how she behaves. Can anyone shed a bit of light on that servo pipe I mentioned :)

I'll post a pic in 15 mins or so

bfe2aa1d87bb03590231cc6059ffd564.jpg

These 2 by the one way valve have little rubber condoms on to blank them off

Hahaaar that's why I can't find a home for them mine must of diched them somewhere along the line in the heat of the battle and dicided to go bear back lol. Thank you Dox your a scollor and a gent! I owe you a pint cheers pal

Indeed. Lol

cracking pictures chugs

new suspension height is great! how do you like their ride?

makes me wish my bonnet wasn't like the night sky due to the f***ing bodyshop producing a bonnet full of micro blisters after they sprayed it

Thanks I do like it when its all clean and shiny - makes it all worth while

Suspension - im really happy - OK is a bit firmer than standard but you only really feel that when driving slow down a crap road and only time its bad is if there are any big pot holes when it can be a bit crashy but in all other ways I love it - so much better handling (like being stuck to rails) and for sure it looks so much better than standard - will never understand why VW thought the 4x4 height was acceptable! lol!

Sounds like you've been busy on Emmas car?!

Don't know if you saw the pictures earlier in this thread but finished getting the old soundproofing off the underside of the bonnet on Saturday and wasn't too bad a job only took about 6 hours in total - was going to fit he new stuff Sunday but had friends over for food (and drink) and was distracted!

So will do this weekend - hopefully

lots & lots of rado related tasks done this weekend over both days

I am sure many regulars on here know my gf is getting her storm ready to put up for sale & as such I have been helping her over the weekend

started on Saturday with a full on 6.5 hour session polishing the gf.......well, not her but her storms inlet manifold ;) lol

credit to her, & thanks, as she had done a lot of the hard work getting the majority of the oxidised surface off a while ago. as such it was a day of bringing it down grade by grade & we are both happy with the results (pic attached to post)

sunday was then a case of starting the finishing touches, as mechanically it is superb, consisting of the below:

as ive put on my build thread I donated a door pin surround to the gf's storm & then installed my 'new' ones in the VR - I really like the way they catch the sun & I reckon there may be a few shocked people when they find out my fix lol

considering door pin surrounds are extremely few & far between I could potentially see a few people using it as well

next was to remove the sony ipod head unit she has and replace with a nice pioneer mp3 unit.

I also removed the super thick oxygen free speaker cable for the 6*9's I installed for her & put her original unmolested parcel shelf back in

next was to take the front seats out as she had already cleaned & conditioned the interior but wanted to make sure all the carpets were fully cleaned

by this time I was knackered so whilst she cleaned & sparkled the engine bay with auto glym stuff I had a well deserved sit down to watch the F1 recorded earlier that day :D

Thanks I do like it when its all clean and shiny - makes it all worth while

Suspension - im really happy - OK is a bit firmer than standard but you only really feel that when driving slow down a crap road and only time its bad is if there are any big pot holes when it can be a bit crashy but in all other ways I love it - so much better handling (like being stuck to rails) and for sure it looks so much better than standard - will never understand why VW thought the 4x4 height was acceptable! lol!

Sounds like you've been busy on Emmas car?!

ha ha welcome to the world of trying to find the road in between the pot holes you are dodging ;) PMSL

seriously though, great news you are so happy. the feeling of reward you get from the car & chassis once you are glued to the road as you say is awesome. despite my KW's being a tad hard I love them to bits!!!

FYI if you get any crashy type feeling traveling up through your seat when going over drains etc then check out your rear beam bushes. I know for certain on my VR that once I had renewed all the running gear the whole set up felt much more cushioned

& yes m8, just a little busy with emma this weekend & duly posted here a few mins ago :) lol

Don't know if you saw the pictures earlier in this thread but finished getting the old soundproofing off the underside of the bonnet on Saturday and wasn't too bad a job only took about 6 hours in total - was going to fit he new stuff Sunday but had friends over for food (and drink) and was distracted!

So will do this weekend - hopefully

fast & furious in the ready money round today lol

I did indeed see your bonnet liner pics m8 - they looked good & I am glad the suggestion of the auto glym tar stuff worked well for you

I really must remove my VR lining but have been putting it off as I brought a set of the aero industry liner stuff to replace it which means I will need to completely mask up the bonnet to fit it due to the glue spray.

out of interest how much was the OEM kind of liner you brought off here?

sunday sounds like it was a good distraction m8 :)