Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Adjusted the handbrake, it was getting more vertical by the day, never done it before. When I got the bits of plastic tunnel off I was shocked to see one cable was about an inch longer than the other & one locking nut was missing. Adjusted up the slack on the longer cable & adjusted the other side to get as near straight as possible & fitted a 10mm locking nut.

Made sure everything is loose when off & brakes not binding. Now works OK on 3 clicks, successful 30min job.

Changed the grill badge for a much shinier one, washed it and polished in with Colour Magic polish - not convinced that stuff is any good!

Stick to Autoglym - Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss Protection, then their carnuba wax... does a great job on flash red IMHO!

Removed the wiper mechanism due to the operating rod goign from the wiper motor to the first wiper popping off. Left with no wipers whilst its raining is PITA.

Stick some rainx on it works well I have found

finallly fitted my ferodo DS pads all round just gotta test em out tomorrow and poss rebleed :D

i wish i had a garage as im sick of the rain :mad2:

Removed the wiper mechanism due to the operating rod goign from the wiper motor to the first wiper popping off. Left with no wipers whilst its raining is PITA.

Stick some rainx on it works well I have found

Yeah i was wishing i had done that!

today i mostly crashed and destroyed my g60 on a mud covered road!!! i am honestly very lucky to be alive smashed my head chest and leg but the raddo is totally destroyed :( :(

today i mostly crashed and destroyed my g60 on a mud covered road!!! i am honestly very lucky to be alive smashed my head chest and leg but the raddo is totally destroyed :( :(

That sucks :(

I fixed my ARB links today :D

Sheard one of the old ones in half whilst trying to take it off :eek: did make it easyer tho 8)

Sorry to hear that Wippy. :( Not good.

Today i've spaced my wheels to ET10 at the front and ET5 at the back. Looks good. 8)

yesterday front bumper smoothed and debadged grill with eyebrows fitted

i fitted new rear discs pads and wheelbearings and had a :censored: of a job getting the bolts out of the carrier.

fitted a new bonnet pull cable

sanded all my wheels ready for primer 2moz

painted my front calipers

Fitted a new coil pack (cheers Chris!), adjusted the throttle cable, replaced a couple of rusted screws under the bonnet and gave the engine bay a quick clean.

Went for a test drive and it seemed more eager! Not sure if it was the coil pack, throttle cable or placebo!

Well i can really relate to that mate as i did the exact same thing to my G60 lol snap (not funny), im also lucky to be alive as i hit a lampost sideways ,im feeling a bit tender this morning but thank god no-one was seriously hurt.

Gave mine a clean took ages to clean the alloys the amount of salt on them was unreal all nice and clean tucked up in the garage :D

Fitted some new light bulbs to try to improve the somewhat variable output the old ones had, also replaced the pipe from the FRP to the inlet manifold with some small bore fuel hose I found in Halfords. Removed 2 golf balls from under the passenger seat, believe these were making the knocking sound when I went round corners that I couldn't figure out. Otherwise, had a bit of a drive and looked at the water beading off the Rain-X.

Washed it (finally!!), and fixed the earth wire which I'd misplaced when fitting my strut brace, thus rendering my sub inoperative :)

Cleaned it today after it got filthy down various country lanes yesterday whilst helping/hindering Andy and Vaughan to strip the White 8V - Collected Aerial and ABS Warning Light.

Fitted these along with the plastic boot spring (thanks to Shaun G60) and new centre plastic caps onto my recently refurbished Westwoods, they look much better now!! :clap:

A few pics:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCorrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 002.jpg[/attachment:2jrzwcvw]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCorrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 006.jpg[/attachment:2jrzwcvw]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCorrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 003.jpg[/attachment:2jrzwcvw]

Corrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 004.jpg[/attachment:2jrzwcvw]

Back to work tomorrow :(

Ian.

Saturday: Replaced drivers wing, replaced bootlid, added colour coded rear number plate plinth

Today: replaced the aerial, replaced rear speakers: infinity 120W 6 x 4 :D (£10 from a breakers yard :lol: )

Gave it first longish run for months. To Stirling and back - about 40 miles.

Trickle charger means 8-year old Quantum battery started her first time.

Brake pads seemed glued to discs! Had to rock backwards and forwards to free them.

New fuel pump fitted after nightmare breakdown in middle of High Street a few months ago must be OK, but work has left stink of petrol from somewhere. No leaks to ground, though.

Great to have proper music system again - Toyota Yaris unit is useless for me, what, with my CDs and a hundred compilations on cassettes to play!

Cassettes? Google it!

We went to Dobbies garden centre - well! what do you expect of our generation? - have to keep the myth alive. They have a huge aquarists section anyway! Those marines are awesome - nothing like that when I started keeping fish.

Strong coffee there, makes me feel really twitchy then four hours later a bit woozy!

water pump has gon on my G60 got it all removed

put all back together tomorrow :( :) :D