Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Changed the wheels from 15 inch Speedlines to these (ex Golf wheels)2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00845.JPG[/attachment:173qnh5k]

Then drove 150 miles to DG for a check over.

Good job I did because Dave diagnosed a misfire which has been intermittently spoiling all the fun due to rubbish HT leads (quick change over to dub power replacements which are excellent value). Gear change linkage was very loose so that was fixed and then the final check uncovered a failed camshaft position sensor which meant I was down on power by about 40 bhp! Not a stock item on the shelf but Graham was gracious enough to let me have the new one recently fitted to his car.

I also have a list of smaller things that need doing long term plus some bigger items like the dreaded chains and a pesky bearing in the gearbox that makes first gear a bit noisy.

So we could be looking at major open wallet surgery!DSC00856.JPG[/attachment:173qnh5k]

I even got a couple of free pens! :salute:

Popped to DG Autotech today to pick up some rims of Graham :D

Also had a quick drive in Pete_griff's BMW :notworthy: , now that is a machine :luvlove: :norty: :nuts: :shock:

changed the back lights, cleaned, t-cut and polished the recess

and

give the wheels a quick clean as i had the bucket and sponge from when i cleaned the recess for the lights.

Broke into it. The aftermarked alarm decided to lock my only keys in the car when I was in a rush to get to a vw/audi event(is that the word?).. :epicfail:

Steel wire with a rope attached to it with a self-locking knot, then pull the doorpin. Was surprisingly easy actually.. Only problem was that the rod underneath the doorpin inside the door snapped clear off (will see if I can get a picture). Seems someone up above wanted me to be late.. :bad-words:

Then onto the other door.. Changed tactics this time. The keys were laying in the passenger seat. Managed to fish them up with the steel wire and pull them up and out.. Success.. :clap:

ps: No windows/sunroofs/anything were open and no doorgaps/paint was damaged.. Kinda scary how easy it actually was, makes me worry when I park the car out somewhere..

The alarm usually works perfectly fine, but seems something bugged with the auto-locking of the doors after 1min if no doors are opened when the car is unlocked.. :scratch:

Took collection of my first Corrado yeasterday :clap:

Was going to post some pics up of it but spent the whole day driving round in it :)

Big thanks to Dave, awesome well looked after motor, and I think I may have got a garage sorted to keep it in. So another bonus!

not entirely a days work but over the last week on a night iv been refurbing all the wheels getting rid of the kurbing and scratches .... did them anthracite for a stealthy look 8) 8)

smoked my rear lights.. i didn't like them as they were too bright for my liking just used some e-tech tint spray can say its completely noob proof:D

Fitted new battery cover, new blue expansion tank cap, new washer bottle cap - Thanks to CazzaVR for ordering and picking up for me.

Sprayed someone elses white lithium grease into my spoiler mech

Helped fit a drivers side door glass to someone elses car :wink:

Cleaned the brown stain left in my passenger seat today when I took my mate out for a blast :lol: . Took the other for the first drive since getting the VRT, its noticably more refined.

Sprayed someone elses white lithium grease into my spoiler mech

Helped fit a drivers side door glass to someone elses car :wink:

Big thanks to Vaughan for his help yesterday in changing the door glass - Even with his previous experience of changing his a while ago it still proved to be a PITA job!! :clap:

Ian.

finished the climatronic retrofit 8)

it's taken longer than I thought at first, so I would not do it again for sure!!! Pics on monday, my health is fully destroyed at the moment :lol:

Made my mirrors work again.

First the drivers mirror wouldn't work then a few weeks later the passenger mirror stopped moving too. Then a search of the forum found this http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=42806&p=498651&hilit=remove+mirror+switch#p498651. I followed the instructions and low and behold I have two working mirrors again.

Thanks forum!

Changed my heater matrix :censored: . Now have working heating just in time for summer. :clap:

refitted power steering hoses, refilled power steering fluid.

connected the TB to the intake manifold and put on some bits and pieces to it, ready to go onto car.

Yesterday had cat heat shield welded a bit to stop the annoying rattle and a rear washer replaced to the rear heat shield. Oil changed to 5w-40 synth and gearbox oil changed to mt90. Can't believe how good that stuff is! Windscreen seal loose around the top so need to sort that. Scraps of old sealant and rubber stop it going back in so gonna have to scrape it out (watching the paintwork) an pop a new one in.

Over the weekend i fitted some weitecs , my babys recaro seat :thumbleft: and removed my fk's :shock:

5 year old FK AK coilovers! the dampers inside were fine with no leaks.

Picked up some early lights up on eBay for 99p, nearly brand new glass in both and reflectors/bodies/adjusters/surrounds are mint.

Next... :salute:

Edited by G60_Marc

Bought some Golf Mk3 brake calipers to facilitate 288 conversion by DG at the same time as they sort the suspension, gearbox and chains etc. :eek:

replaced my rear vw badge with one from a guy on eBay (lesbray) which was for a Mk2 Golf

used the original rubber backing as was still good

good info from on here about these badges esp as dealer said 'dunno what your gonna use as originals are NLA'

looking good now on my Pearl Grey

J

:clap: