Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Last night was: oil and filter change. New oil feed pipe for the SC. Finally drove it home (after being at my dads workshop for a month) to now become my new daily :-)

cleaned inside and out, inc the engine bay. Fitted new battery and all red rears. next thin on the list is to rebuild the RH ZW1's.

I fitted 280mm drilled discs and bigger calipers :) first bit of mechanics I've done myself , rears tomorrow

Tried to take off the rear bumper, and failed.

Tried to take off the driveshafts, and failed.

Then it started to rain, so i pushed it back into the garage and packed everything up, came inside and washed up, and now ive come back downstairs to find the sun is out again! Grrrr.

Bought set of Lupo wipers,don`t know why cos it never rains in my garage:bonk:

Fitted the LUPO GTI wipers perfect fit no problems,still doesn`t rain in my garage:cheers:

Rust treated behind the rear plinth and fitted the new one from VW Classic Parts. Also adjusted the door membrane to stop the handle rod rattling :)

Sorry not today but have just dropped the car off at the garage to get the ABS pump reconditioned. Sticking valve. Have been warned about the £OUCH!!! that will experience soon.

Fitted the newly made up metal bonnet guide sleeve. Was easier then i thought (you were right matt8v). No more worries about being able to open the bonnet now :D and relax..........

Stripped early door looms out and refitted new late model looms, fitted new door cards tried it out and it works !!

Now to do the drivers side!

Reasonably productive weekend on the cars!

* Changed the tensioner pulley bearing on the VR6

* Gave the VR a wash, hoovered out

* Washed 8 tonnes of bird poop off the 16V and hoovered it out

* Modified the dash undertray so that the clutch pedal no longer fouls on it (after doing the fixed height column mod, it's changed alignment a little)

* Finally got the fuse box cover to clip on with original clips - not screws!

Two clean Corrado's, both running OK! Always a good feeling :)

Had a nice morning, scrabbling around under the VR :)

*Hopefully* sorted the leaky sump, which was actually starting to lose quite a lot of oil. Removed the sump & gave it a really good clean. Could've done with some paint, but didn't have time. Left all the bolts to soak in white spirit as they were pretty gunked up. Refitted sump with new Elring gasket and a bead of VW sump sealant. All in, took around 2 hours at a fairly leisurely pace. Not too bad :)

this week ive had the front end off and replaced the aux belt tensioner and pulley, crackpipe, thermostat housing, thermostat, sensors housing, radiator and today i changed the waterpump and relocated the washerfluid bottle.

tomorrow i will refill the coolant and see how many leaks there are

Last week; fitted new gearbox with LSD. Today, fitted the 440cc injectors to the G60 (running E85)..

Been troubleshooting why my ABS doesn't work and when connected to vag com it threw up corrupted info etc... Also my abs light doesn't illuminate at all... Traced everything back and found corrosion on the abs ecu pins / plug that I'm going clean up tomorrow which will fix the issue :) if not, I've already bought a new ECU and ABS lamp! Really need this sorting so I can MOT it...

Yesterday spent te day with a mate removing the 9a engine & box from the car

got held up by the exhaust for a bit

Found a crack in the manifold so gonna need to sort out a replacement

Todays jobs are to finish building up the new 9a i got with alot of new parts, new cambely & tensioner

& kr cam, bolt on the box & clutch then refit to the car

Did some prep work on my new summer wheels to get them ready for a refurb on Monday.

BBS RC, 17" x 7", 4 x 100, custom spigot rings, 15mm front spacers, 20mm rear spacers, 4 new genuine center rings, nuts and badges. 4 new tyres.

I also have some extra badges on order that have the bbs logo in silver with the carbon background and also some bbs short stainless valves.

I had the old tyres removed so i could then sand and file the curb rash out that was done by the previous owner.

Im very happy with the results as i managed to remove nearly all of the damaged. The refurb is being done by APS in Swansea and is going to be brilliant silver, spray not powdercoat.

DSCF0293.JPG

DSCF0298.JPG

Next... :salute:

Edited by G60_Marc

Managed to finally replace my headlight bulbs yesterday. New bulbs with the uprated loom made such a difference. Lights look white as opposed to yellow.

And fitted a BMC CDA induction kit. OMG absolutely amazing. Can't stop smiling :-)